Jets trade up to 3

BJets512

9 minutes ago, GangGreen420 said:

Albright saying Allen is the guy too. Just kill me now 

If the Jets pick Allen then I probably won't care again for another 5 years minimum

That's on point bc I care now for the first time in what feels like 5 years

2 minutes ago, Bianconero said:

If the Jets pick Allen then I probably won't care again for another 5 years minimum

This x 1000

2 minutes ago, Bianconero said:

He wouldn't be my choice at all, but I still wouldn't be bummed if we ended up with Allen.  Just so much talent, and so little around him last year.  I watched all of his games back to back yesterday.  He certain has things he needs to work on, but I started watching JUST his receivers..... and friggan no one was open.... ever.  It was like he had the Jets WR's from 2014 out there, no separation ever.  Also his O line just constantly turnstiling people right through to him.  I think I even saw one O lineman take a ticket from a guy like he was letting him into a show.  

Once again I am not saying I want him.  I probably have it Rosen, Baker, Allen right now, but Allen might be the only guy who will come to the NFL and actually have BIGGER windows to throw into than he did in college.

I’d get ready for it. There’s been rumors about the Jets and Allen for a long, long time now and I keep seeing mocks that have us passing on Rosen for Allen.

im not setting myself up for that level of disappointment. I’m fully expecting it at this point in time 

I’d like to think our FO isn’t dumb enough to give up 3 2nd Rounders to move up and get our guy. All to maybe miss out on that guy for a couple 3rd Rounders. I fully anticipate us to trade up to 2 to get our guy if we have to. Hopefully we don’t have to.

29 minutes ago, GangGreen420 said:

I’d get ready for it. There’s been rumors about the Jets and Allen for a long, long time now and I keep seeing mocks that have us passing on Rosen for Allen.

im not setting myself up for that level of disappointment. I’m fully expecting it at this point in time 

Don't read into the rumors.  You draft the QB and you don't necessarily worry about the scheme fit, but from a scheme fit, Allen is an awful fit for the offense.

35 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

I’d like to think our FO isn’t dumb enough to give up 3 2nd Rounders to move up and get our guy. All to maybe miss out on that guy for a couple 3rd Rounders. I fully anticipate us to trade up to 2 to get our guy if we have to. Hopefully we don’t have to.

This is the Jets we are talking about. They are dumb enough to do anything.

They must also have a top guy they think is better than the rest considering they tried to get to 1 first.

Allen is my 5th rated QB, but I wouldn't quit on the team if we drafted him. From everything that's been put out there, the Jets have gone to practically each game of the major QB's. We've done extensive scouting as well as include the coaching staff (including Bates which is a big deal to me) in the decision.

Ahh I take that back. He is a terrible fit for our scheme. It makes no sense for us to draft Allen. I would lose my mind. In NY, running the WCO, he will bust.

1 minute ago, SDotNova said:

Allen is my 5th rated QB, but I wouldn't quit on the team if we drafted him. From everything that's been put out there, the Jets have gone to practically each game of the major QB's. We've done extensive scouting as well as include the coaching staff (including Bates which is a big deal to me) in the decision.

Ahh I take that back. He is a terrible fit for our scheme. It makes no sense for us to draft Allen. I would lose my mind. Allen would do fine in a place like Denver. In NY, running the WCO, don't hold your breath.

Ya it really seems like Rosen or Baker make the most sense.  Both command the middle of the field.

Josh Allen is very much in play. He may be the Jets #2 QB. Fans have to start realizing stats don't tell the whole story... he's a unicorn in the sense that he has extremely rare skill set and is raw, but he went into college more raw than most top college QB prospects and has made tremendous strides since. The completion percentage is an ugly number, but I'd argue most of the top college QBs would be sub-60% passers in the same circumstance. That's why I compare him to Cam Newton - similar HWS talent with similar strengths and weaknesses; Cam just had the benefit of playing in a scheme that pumped up his accuracy numbers.

Rosen to me is still a better QB. I think history shows that you don't have to be the most athletic to be the best. I think Allen will be good in the NFL, but I think Rosen can be a consistent top 5, Aaron Rodgers level QB if he's 100% dedicated to the game. He's a natural and his intelligence will only help that much more on the NFL level. 

1 minute ago, jetskid007 said:

Josh Allen is very much in play. He may be the Jets #2 QB. Fans have to start realizing stats don't tell the whole story... he's a unicorn in the sense that he has extremely rare skill set and is raw, but he went into college more raw than most top college QB prospects and has made tremendous strides since. The completion percentage is an ugly number, but I'd argue most of the top college QBs would be sub-60% passers in the same circumstance. That's why I compare him to Cam Newton - similar HWS talent with similar strengths and weaknesses; Cam just had the benefit of playing in a scheme that pumped up his accuracy numbers.

Rosen to me is still a better QB. I think history shows that you don't have to be the most athletic to be the best. I think Allen will can be good in the NFL, but I think Rosen can be a consistent top 5 QB if he's 100% dedicated to the game. He's a natural and his intelligence will only help that much more on the NFL level. 

But that's the issue. The Cam comparison is solid. Cam is not a WCO QB. So that means Bates would need to change his offense to fit Allen. Why do that when we can just draft Rosen or Mayfield who will be fine as is? They have just as much upside and there will less moving parts getting those QB's. It won't end well. The most important thing a young QB needs is to be put in a position to succeed (meaning in the right offense and right environment). We are not the best environment for him.

If Darnold and Rosen go 1-2, then whatever, take Allen even though the trade has basically failed from a value prospective, but not Macs fault he had to gamble. Allen is not even close to being in the same class as Rosen or Darnold. He fails miserably at the most important aspects we need from a QB in terms of accuracy and field vision. People fall in love with his stature and arm way too much. He has the most inconsistent mechanics of any of the QBs. If he is the only one of the 3 left when we pick, then yeah I guess you take him, but if Rosen is there and we select him...then despite the sense that this organization is finally getting it right, we really arent. Take the safer pick, take the guy who is a perfect fit, the cerebral guy who is pinpoint accurate. If neither are there, nobody will kill Mac for taking Allen and well all hope he is the truth, but not over Rosen or Darnold, thats just poor scouting. 

Archived