Free agency reset — Wave 2

Klomp

8 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

McDermott is still rehabbing from his dislocated shoulder. 

This guy may just be a camp snapper. Being there gives him a chance to impress the coaches but the reason he is there is so kickers and punters have someone to snap to them in practice while McDermott is recovering.

Just now, SemperFeist said:

Did the Berger retirement spook them into thinking the Vikings would have an increased sense of urgency to sign Sirles? Did the Compton signing spook Sirles into thinking he better take the best offer available before no teams had an offer remaining?

I don't see this as a big loss for the Vikings as I didn't want the team relying on Sirles as a backup. I have no idea if Compton will be better but I am happy to not have to watch Sirles play terrible now.

1 hour ago, SemperFeist said:

Korte forgot about the Tom Compton signing. The Vikings were only at a net loss of three free agents. Johnson changed the net loss to four and thus results in a 4th pick that would have otherwise not been awarded to the Vikings. If Sirles signs something worth a 7th round pick it will be buffer against Vikings compensatory free agents getting cut from the team that signed them.

2 minutes ago, vikingsrule said:

So Remmers to RG now officially?

No, that isn't official at all. It is possible talk of the team moving him to G next  year is nothing more than a smokescreen designed to throw other teams of the scent of which offensive linemen they may be most interested in drafting.

Or Remmers just might not look good there in offseason work. Remember last year when they moved Clemmings to G? That didn't stick.

Archived