Free agency reset — Wave 2

Klomp

4 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

i still don’t understand so many people’s infatuation with cutting Rudolph. He’s the best tight end this team has ever had. 

Apparently if you're not an all-pro, your job deserves to be in jeopardy.

7 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

This looks good.

i still don’t understand so many people’s infatuation with cutting Rudolph. He’s the best tight end this team has ever had. 

Yeah I don't agree with cutting him but I could definitely see him as a restructure prospect. He has a 7 million dollar cap hit and very little to no dead money if I remember correctly so they might be able to lower his number. 

33 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

This looks good.

Do I want to cut him? Absolutely not.

but with him holding no cap hit, and it’s to save Hunter, Diggs, Barr, or Kendrick’s, I’d probably say yes. Out of all our offensive “weapons” he is by far the most replaceable.

Above Average hands, but not as athletic as he was. Starting to gather more injuries,  below average blocker. The one thing that will keep him in this league while his athleticism starts falling off is he will have to learn to be able to stay in and block, which, he still hasn’t picked up on that all that much.

I'm not in favor of cutting Rudolph either but I agree with GW take on him.  I do however believe Sendejo will not be the starting safety opposite Smith come next year(whether that be him getting cut or him restructuring to stay) & I believe that this years draft will be telling on Kearse's development & how the team feels about the position.

56 minutes ago, rpmwr19 said:

Next year or the following year? I think Sendejo is pretty much locked in for the coming year. 

I think he's definitely starting this year.  

However, the more I've been thinking about it, the more I think the players we select in this draft will predict who we're preparing to let go on the next couple years.  We will see replacements drafted as early as round two and I was thinking about who those players might be.

Any OT - Remmers

Gesicki, Goedert- Rudolph (although Gesicki can't block)

Justin Reid- Sendejo

Isaiah Oliver (RD 1)- Waynes

3 minutes ago, NoDakViking said:

I think he's definitely starting this year.  

However, the more I've been thinking about it, the more I think the players we select in this draft will predict who we're preparing to let go on the next couple years.  We will see replacements drafted as early as round two and I was thinking about who those players might be.

Any OT - Remmers

Gesicki, Goedert- Rudolph (although Gesicki can't block)

Justin Reid- Sendejo

Isaiah Oliver (RD 1)- Waynes

I agree 100%.  I hope I didn't imply that I didn't think Sendejo isn't starting this year.  I may have wanted The Honey Badger but Dejo has really improved his play, I'm kind of curious to see if he can raise his game further or if he has peaked.

6 hours ago, PrplChilPill said:

A guy barely making teams is going to take under market pay to stay here? This isn't a guy that has made lifetime money. If he was great, or really good, some team would have offered double that, no?

He may be willing to settle for a chance to win a SB.  There isn't a market for free agent Ks in 2018, unless I'm missing something.  Which team needs a K and would pay him?

3 hours ago, Boda said:

I'm not in favor of cutting Rudolph either but I agree with GW take on him.  I do however believe Sendejo will not be the starting safety opposite Smith come next year(whether that be him getting cut or him restructuring to stay) & I believe that this years draft will be telling on Kearse's development & how the team feels about the position.

Harris is ahead of Kearse as the future. I don't think either player will amount to anything other than solid backup types.

The draft will be interesting given the lack of immediately pressing needs. I'd argue that the Vikes have one starting need for 2018, that is a starting RG or RT (Reiff, Easton, Elflein and Remmers are your known starters). 

If MN grabs an OT in round one, round two and round three could go in a number of directions:

TE - Might we run more 2 TE sets? 

OG - Could take an OG to prep for Easton/Remmers departure in 2019

DE - Could use a more effective pass rusher behind Griffen and Hunter. Robison has one more year left tops. Hunter is a FA.

LB - Depth is lacking and a decision needs to be made with Barr and Kendricks. Who's kept? 

CB - Waynes will be expensive to keep long term and depth is lacking.

S - Whos the future opposite of Smith? Might need a cheap alternative to Sendejo in a year.

6 hours ago, SemperFeist said:

This looks good.

Steve Jordan might have something to say about that.

The remaking of the Seahawks defense continued Saturday with the team’s announcement that they have signed defensive tackle Shamar Stephen.

The team did not announce any terms of the deal with the former member of the Vikings. Stephen joins Tom Johnson, another former Viking, as new additions to a defensive line that saw Sheldon Richardson leave Seattle to sign in Minnesota.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/03/25/shamar-stephen-signs-with-seahawks/

Vikings West.

Archived