Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
RaidersAreOne

This Ain't Raider Talk Baby!

Recommended Posts

This type of thread was once a forum favorite, however it did seem to die off within recent memory. I say we give it another shot. Similarly to TAST, let's try and keep all non-football related talk to this thread.

I for one am expecting McGregor to get absolutely killed on the 26th.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Also just a heads up for the new guys around here, sigs and avys are a thing still. However sigs will automatically be hidden unless you specify in your settings. Go to your account settings, signature, and then see others.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

M.Watson having a hard time so far with the pass rush. L.Floyd been abusing him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

M.Watson having a hard time so far with the pass rush. L.Floyd been abusing him.

Just waiting for him to get injured and go on the IR.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/4/2017 at 0:07 AM, RaidersAreOne said:

This type of thread was once a forum favorite, however it did seem to die off within recent memory. I say we give it another shot. Similarly to TAST, let's try and keep all non-football related talk to this thread.

I for one am expecting McGregor to get absolutely killed on the 26th.

I hope he wins too, but man he doesn't have a chance. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

McGregor is gonna need reconstructive surgery and I guarantee after the lose he will say that if it was a MMA fight that he would win. Of course, you would you, Ahole! So tired of MMA people saying this. That is like a triathlete (running, biking and swimming) saying he would beat a marathon runner in a triathlon after getting smoked in a 5k. You are the one that agreed to the race and now you're making excuses.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone in the forum live in Colorado? My family and I are moving to Denver *GASP* at the end of the month. We're pretty excited about it, plus I can't wait to wear some silver and black everywhere. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, ZoomWaffle said:

Anyone in the forum live in Colorado? My family and I are moving to Denver *GASP* at the end of the month. We're pretty excited about it, plus I can't wait to wear some silver and black everywhere. 

I use to live in Colorado Springs and partied in Denver a lot. A club called 'The Church' because it was an old church. I think it's real name is 7 Candles because it had 7 different things going on. Best club I've been to except for Chilli Peppers in Ft. Lauderdale. Great vibe though the Vegas clubs are better eye candy.

I'm in Nor Cal and the weather in Colorado Springs was way better than here. Sunny all the time. We played sand volleyball all the time at my apartment complex. Was out in shorts playing and went with a friend from the south side by the mountain to north east for lunch and it was snowing. LOL Summer rain for 1/2 hour or so almost daily. motorcycles just pulled under a bridge until it passed so it kept things green compared to mountain desert areas like Reno or Vegas. I met so many great people that were from other areas. Lots of military bases and people stayed after getting out. Still friends with quite a few but I met hundreds of people as I worked in the apartment complex gym. 

I'd see Donkey fans but lots of Cali, Texas and East Coasters too. I moved there the Summer of 1994 and 9 Cali/Texans a day were moving there back then so locals weren't as friendly because we drove up the prices. I'm sure it's morso now because 420 laws changing there before Cali did and home prices here have me looking at Vegas before the current bubble POPS...

Boulder was cool when I'd visit a woman I was seeing there. Honestly I LOVED Colorado. San Diego was great too. Though LA (Hollywood esp.) reminds me of more 'hype' than substance. met lots of people there too, but I'd say acquaintances more than friends. Networking seemed to be the thing.

 

Good luck in your move it's a great state and the people are probably more open minded now then when I was there. :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, G said:

I use to live in Colorado Springs and partied in Denver a lot. A club called 'The Church' because it was an old church. I think it's real name is 7 Candles because it had 7 different things going on. Best club I've been to except for Chilli Peppers in Ft. Lauderdale. Great vibe though the Vegas clubs are better eye candy.

I'm in Nor Cal and the weather in Colorado Springs was way better than here. Sunny all the time. We played sand volleyball all the time at my apartment complex. Was out in shorts playing and went with a friend from the south side by the mountain to north east for lunch and it was snowing. LOL Summer rain for 1/2 hour or so almost daily. motorcycles just pulled under a bridge until it passed so it kept things green compared to mountain desert areas like Reno or Vegas. I met so many great people that were from other areas. Lots of military bases and people stayed after getting out. Still friends with quite a few but I met hundreds of people as I worked in the apartment complex gym. 

I'd see Donkey fans but lots of Cali, Texas and East Coasters too. I moved there the Summer of 1994 and 9 Cali/Texans a day were moving there back then so locals weren't as friendly because we drove up the prices. I'm sure it's morso now because 420 laws changing there before Cali did and home prices here have me looking at Vegas before the current bubble POPS...

Boulder was cool when I'd visit a woman I was seeing there. Honestly I LOVED Colorado. San Diego was great too. Though LA (Hollywood esp.) reminds me of more 'hype' than substance. met lots of people there too, but I'd say acquaintances more than friends. Networking seemed to be the thing.

 

Good luck in your move it's a great state and the people are probably more open minded now then when I was there. :D

Thanks bud. I grew up in the North Bay but have living in England for the past 4 years (and Phoenix for 9 years before that) so I am ready for a bit of a culture shock going from Europe back to the U.S. However, nearly everything I've heard about Colorado has been positive. With the job I'm taking I should be staying in Colorado for a while, between Denver and Colorado Springs. I can't wait to get up to Boulder and to do some good trail running. I'm excited for more sunshine after being in England (though the "bad" weather here is exaggerated, in my opinion). If you or anyone else ever come out for a Raiders game hit me up because I plan on going to them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, ZoomWaffle said:

Anyone in the forum live in Colorado? My family and I are moving to Denver *GASP* at the end of the month. We're pretty excited about it, plus I can't wait to wear some silver and black everywhere. 

@MrDrew has lived in CO for a long time.  And he's a good dude (except for being a Chargers fan).  Maybe he can give some pointers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Silver&Black88 said:

@MrDrew has lived in CO for a long time.  And he's a good dude (except for being a Chargers fan).  Maybe he can give some pointers.

That'd be awesome. Also, I'll have a basement for you to crash in when you come out. When, not if.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is one of those "The enemy of my enemy is my friend" situations. I'll actually be happy to see something besides that awful orange in the state. There are other Raiders fans, and Chargers fans, but we're all outnumbered thousands to 1. If you go anywhere to watch a game, be ready to hear it.

@ZoomWaffle If there's something you need to know about the area, I'll answer the best I can. Been here almost 11yrs now. Quote me, tag me, or PM me, and I'll at least try to help.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I grabbed 2 SNES Classic pre-orders! Needless to say, I'm stoked, and felt like bragging  a little bit. #benefitsofworkingnightshift :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/21/2017 at 7:54 AM, MrDrew said:

This is one of those "The enemy of my enemy is my friend" situations. I'll actually be happy to see something besides that awful orange in the state. There are other Raiders fans, and Chargers fans, but we're all outnumbered thousands to 1. If you go anywhere to watch a game, be ready to hear it.

@ZoomWaffle If there's something you need to know about the area, I'll answer the best I can. Been here almost 11yrs now. Quote me, tag me, or PM me, and I'll at least try to help.  

Actually thinking about taking a quick/cheap vacation there. It's a short flight from NV. What are the better spots to hit up? (Keep in mind I'm a boring dad that enjoys eating out, seeing cool stuff, and going to bed at a reasonable hour) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Really looking forward to this upcoming Madden game.  I kind of stopped playing due to the minimal changes and consistently terrible Raiders teams but this years Raiders team sounds pretty good from what I read.

On another note, I'm possibly going to get tickets to the Raiders vs Dolphins game.  I'm currently stationed in Pensacola, FL so I'm really hoping it happens.  It would be a 30th birthday present.  I think we can take 'em!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  



×