Raiders sign Josh Johnson QB

big_palooka

56 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

My homie has been posting recent clips of kaep showing off his throwing skills. Still throws darts......wonder if gruden would give kaep a chance?

I saw that too. My thought was it’s not hard to throw darts in shorts and a tee shirt with no pass rush and a predetermined route. 

Agree with the consensus here, EJ Manuel is a much better QB and Colin Kaepernick is too. Just don't really see the logic in this signing as I can't imagine a scenario where Josh Johnson could start and produce for us. Maybe in a one off game where the D has prepared for Carr and Johnson just runs around like Pryor for a few big gains and kinda wings it?

I've always kinda liked Kaepernick though he's not a great pure QB but the whole media circus that would envelop him and the team if he signs is a huge negative - especially given the rumours that developed after our Washington game. I would imagine the FO want to steer as clear as possible from any politics/sports conflicts. Shame really as Kaep has the talent to at least be a #2 QB in this league.

On 3/20/2018 at 1:52 AM, raidersedge said:

Johnson has been hanging around the NFL for years, he's obviously smart. But Its pretty annoying no one will sign Kaep when he clearly a better option than so many of these QBs.

He isn't getting a job while he is suing the very league he wants to be a part of. Not debating the fairness of that just stating how I think it is affecting him.

I think he is here to help Carr and the #2 guy (who could be Cook or someone else) to get the scheme and the signatures, verbage.

He could be a veteran almost "field coach" if you know what I mean. No real issue with this as long as he is not the #2...

1 hour ago, Rolni said:

I think he is here to help Carr and the #2 guy (who could be Cook or someone else) to get the scheme and the signatures, verbage.

He could be a veteran almost "field coach" if you know what I mean. No real issue with this as long as he is not the #2...

Gruden said at one point the offense will be different down to the verbiage. So question Johnson being able to offer much if that is the case. Likely just a guy who knows what Gruden commands. Hopefully nothing more than a camp arm.

On 3/21/2018 at 8:28 AM, Darbsk said:

Agree with the consensus here, EJ Manuel is a much better QB and Colin Kaepernick is too. Just don't really see the logic in this signing as I can't imagine a scenario where Josh Johnson could start and produce for us. Maybe in a one off game where the D has prepared for Carr and Johnson just runs around like Pryor for a few big gains and kinda wings it?

I've always kinda liked Kaepernick though he's not a great pure QB but the whole media circus that would envelop him and the team if he signs is a huge negative - especially given the rumours that developed after our Washington game. I would imagine the FO want to steer as clear as possible from any politics/sports conflicts. Shame really as Kaep has the talent to at least be a #2 QB in this league.

Archived