Kirk Cousins Stuff

Woz

8 hours ago, Slappy Mc said:

So if you made 50 Million in two years you would feel that somehow negotiating a contract for lets say 24M/Year is going to hurt your pockets. Seriously, how people defend these athletes who make millions of dollars and whine about not getting paid enough, or about anything at all is laughable to me.

Look so I recently got a promotion at work, which was awesome. You know what I did next, started busting my *** so I can get the next promotion after that. I honestly believe that would be my attitude whether we’re talkinh six figures, 7 figure, or 8. As 2 Chainz said “You wasn’t blessed with ambition so who you gonna blame for that”

7 hours ago, Doc Draper said:

It’s not greed. I can understand how it can be mistaken for that and difficult for some guy busting his tail making 50k a year to not understand why a guy making 24m isn’t happy about that. That guy won’t also understand how a guy making a few million a year feels either But keep in mind that a guy making 30k a year also can’t understand why a guy making 50k isn’t happy either. 

While the particular argument isn't all that important to me, I just don't agree with this... and I don't think everyone needs to agree with each other on it.

Like stated/alluded to be myself and others in here, once you hit a certain level of $ per year.. it does become about greed and ego. 

Not even going to look at people making less than a mil per as if greed comes into play. However, when speaking of 20+ mil per year... and we are in this case... the finger-pointing to people making less than a mil per gets instantly tossed aside as conversational obfuscation and poor justification.  

or perhaps more eloquently stated by Slappy Mc...

I am simply stating that when you get to a certain dollar amount financially that makes you set for your entire life, your children for their entire lives and possibly your childrens' children set for their lives, maybe accepting less isnt such a bad thing.

2 hours ago, Jeezy Fanatic said:

Look so I recently got a promotion at work, which was awesome. You know what I did next, started busting my *** so I can get the next promotion after that. I honestly believe that would be my attitude whether we’re talkinh six figures, 7 figure, or 8. As 2 Chainz said “You wasn’t blessed with ambition so who you gonna blame for that”

Sounds exactly like what most people do, especially the best football players.

1 hour ago, oldman9er said:

It goes both ways. Certainly someone in Kirk’s position - or Alex Smith as well - could take less to go somewhere else or to stay with his current team, but at the same time they’re not greedy for getting every penny more they can on the free agent market. I think every person in the world would take more money if it’s offered, unless the other situation just seems like an awful place to go and you don’t like the situation, like Cle or the Jets for example. 

I also wouldn’t be surprised if Kirk takes less money than most think he’s worth - meaning less than Carr and Stafford - to play in Denver or Minnesota because I think Cousins is more worried about winning, being in the best situation for him and his family and playing for an organization that shows him the love.

Kirk was always an afterthought for the Redskins since draft day. Even after he outplayed their prized #2 overall pick who they traded 3 high draft picks for to get, they only agreed to pay Kirk $16.5 million on average for a long term deal in 2016 when they had already agreed to pay RG3 the same - if he was kept on a 5th year option - and RG3 was an inconsistent pocket passer who had two major injuries and an inconsistent 2013 and at times awful 2014 on his resume.

It wasn’t all about the money for Kirk in dc. It was clear they didn’t love him from day 1. If they had showed him more love - especially in February or March of 2016 - Kirk would have signed and stayed but they never showed that they loved him long term as their qb. So, since that was the case, Kirk did eventually decide perhaps I don’t want to be here if they don’t want me.

That's fine, turtle28. 

It's all in the rear-view mirror at this point. They didn't want to gamble so richly on Kirk back in 2016, and that's their prerogative. It made him feel unwanted or underappreciated, and that's his prerogative. 

I think Kirk's a good QB starter, and wish him well... in the rear-view mirror. 

I usually try to stay off of the Kirk cousins debates because I'm in the minority of it in most arguments but I'll throw my 2 cents in.

The skins developed him in their system as a 4th round pick. He has had 2 really good offensive offensive minds to play under in Kyle shannahan and Sean mcvay. 31 other teams must have thought cousins wasn't all that because they passed on him 3+ times in the draft and he keeps telling us he wants to feel wanted when nobody else must not have wanted to really draft him. Prior to this season he's been loaded with weapons to help him out and that's just fact.

I've always thought us as fans always overvalued cousins because we have had some really bad qb play for quite a while prior. Is cousins descent? Yes. Is he great? Not even close. He is middle of the pack at his best. His decision making in crunch time sucks.

He is greedy in my eyes. You want top qb money, play like one. Allen and company have made their fair share of mistakes, no doubt about it but not giving in to cousins isn't one of em. I guarantee it. We will be better off without him.

I don't see how anyone could argue against his #s being inflated, lots of garbage time stats, checkdowns where dude's like Thompson and Crowder made a lot off stuff happen. That's just the truth. The last 2 years he has been playing for someone else not us and definitely not his teammates who were trying to win.

One game that burns me up from last year especially is the Seattle game which we one. He refused to throw to weapons outside the whole game then at the very end he finally gave doctson a chance and the kid made one hell of a play to win the game. He didn't throw outside cause he was scared of the int. nobody else here tired of the giants kicking our *** with Kirk at qb? I am.

If cousins doesn't go to Minnesota I don't believe he stands a chance to succeed. Minnesota has a lot of talent on that team everywhere and he can fit in well there. Any other team I say no way it works out and it blows up in his face. He can't do anymore for the jets than what mccown did last year or realistically what keenum did for the bikes. And this dude is gonna be the richest player in football? OK. Good riddance Kirk.

You're about to get what you always wanted. Hopefully you get what you deserve.

4 minutes ago, Eric said:

He is greedy in my eyes. You want top qb money, play like one. Allen and company have made their fair share of mistakes, no doubt about it but not giving in to cousins isn't one of em. I guarantee it. We will be better off without him.

I don't see how anyone could argue against his #s being inflated, lots of garbage time stats, checkdowns where dude's like Thompson and Crowder made a lot off stuff happen. That's just the truth. The last 2 years he has been playing for someone else not us and definitely not his teammates who were trying to win.

That's fine, I get that opinion.  The problem is Alex Smith is EXACTLY that kind of QB too, he's already 34 years old, on a $91 mil contract extension and we gave up a 3rd round pick and a really good CB for him.  

I never will say giving up fuller was a good idea. Actually I was pissed about it. But how can we blame the skins for doing it? Cousins forced our hand I believe when he wouldnt even talk to us until new league year started. We weren't getting smith for nothing. You would agree if you go into the season without a good quarterback you might as well not go into it at all. We had to have a solution at that position.

People keep saying we just got an older version of cousins in smith. Maybe we did, but we got him a lot cheaper and can afford to put pieces around him which in no way in hell we were going to be able to do if cousins signs for the money he's about to get. Id rather have the comparable player and the opportunity to build around him.

Again I'm in the minority but in my eyes Alex is the better quarterback 

People need to get over the Fuller trade like...oh...i dont no....now!

The Chiefs just sent packing an all pro, top 5 Corner for a 4th in 18 & a 2nd in 19.

We sent a 3rd in 18 & a up & coming Nickel Corner, who MIGHT be able to play the outside for and older, faster & much cheaper version of Kirk Cousins with a better resume.

Marcus Peters was a headache * Chiefs couldn't wait to dump him.

AND STILL....got more than we would have, had we traded Fuller by himself.

Just be glad we have Alex Smith as QB at the helm, instead of Colt McCoy or some unpolished rookie going into the season.

32 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

They couldn't wait to dump Alex Smith either.  

Man, c'mon.. that's just not true. WTH did Smith do to you? He's a great dude... hard worker. Every player and coach speaks with genuine appreciation of him. He's not elite, but FFS, neither was the last Redskins' QB that so many are pining over still. Neither has shown the ability to carry a team to the Lombardi, and they shouldn't have to. Upgrade the weak spots, stay healthy, and then either could get the job done. 

If you hate your F/O... think they are screwups..  I get that, but there's no need to misdirect that frustration onto Smith. 

1 hour ago, Eric said:

I never will say giving up fuller was a good idea. Actually I was pissed about it. But how can we blame the skins for doing it? Cousins forced our hand I believe when he wouldnt even talk to us until new league year started. We weren't getting smith for nothing. You would agree if you go into the season without a good quarterback you might as well not go into it at all. We had to have a solution at that position.

People keep saying we just got an older version of cousins in smith. Maybe we did, but we got him a lot cheaper and can afford to put pieces around him which in no way in hell we were going to be able to do if cousins signs for the money he's about to get. Id rather have the comparable player and the opportunity to build around him.

Again I'm in the minority but in my eyes Alex is the better quarterback 

Uh you can blame them because we aren't any closer to super bowl contention with Alex Smith and a worse off defense so it was simply a not needed trade. 

39 minutes ago, oldman9er said:

Man, c'mon.. that's just not true. WTH did Smith do to you? He's a great dude... hard worker. Every player and coach speaks with genuine appreciation of him. He's not elite, but FFS, neither was the last Redskins' QB that so many are pining over still. Neither has shown the ability to carry a team to the Lombardi, and they shouldn't have to. Upgrade the weak spots, stay healthy, and then either could get the job done. 

If you hate your F/O... think they are screwups..  I get that, but there's no need to misdirect that frustration onto Smith. 

I never said Alex Smith kills puppies or something.  I don't think he's an upgrade at QB for the Redskins and he's aging.  The trade was stupid.  It was only a way for guys like Bruce Allen to save their jobs.  

You need a quarterback. Plain and simple. Might not be closer to Superbowl with Smith but we aren't further away with him either. We need to stay unbiased and support our team as fans. I don't get all the bashing all the time from the media and the fans. 

How do you know our defense will be worse off? That's an absurd statement. I guess Dunbar sucks, I guess moreau won't develop at all in year 2. Jonathon Allen's foot and ionnidis's hand will never heal. I didn't realize mason fosters shoulder was a career ender. Nicholson stinks. I guess we're gonna be so bad next year defensively we should get rid of them all.

Kirk didn't want to be here!!! Nothing was gonna change that. You have to give up something to get something. If cousins didn't want to leave then fuller is still here, plain and simple.

If we knew everything that went on behind closed doors it would be easier for us to understand. It's easy to blame the front office for everything, popular or not sometimes you gotta do what you have to do. Their such a bunch of bums to actually put the rest of the team before one player. What a disgrace!!

As fans we need to get real. 

8 minutes ago, Eric said:

You need a quarterback. Plain and simple. Might not be closer to Superbowl with Smith but we aren't further away with him either. We need to stay unbiased and support our team as fans. I don't get all the bashing all the time from the media and the fans. 

How do you know our defense will be worse off? That's an absurd statement. I guess Dunbar sucks, I guess moreau won't develop at all in year 2. Jonathon Allen's foot and ionnidis's hand will never heal. I didn't realize mason fosters shoulder was a career ender. Nicholson stinks. I guess we're gonna be so bad next year defensively we should get rid of them all.

Kirk didn't want to be here!!! Nothing was gonna change that. You have to give up something to get something. If cousins didn't want to leave then fuller is still here, plain and simple.

If we knew everything that went on behind closed doors it would be easier for us to understand. It's easy to blame the front office for everything, popular or not sometimes you gotta do what you have to do. Their such a bunch of bums to actually put the rest of the team before one player. What a disgrace!!

As fans we need to get real. 

Then draft our own QB.  What point is there in trying to win 7 to 9 games this year?  What point is there to trade for a 34 year old QB when you aren't a Super Bowl contender?  We'd also still have Fuller and our 3rd round pick.  

Archived