2018 Free Agency Thread v2

NickButera

3 hours ago, OG_C2X said:

Lets see in last years free agency you could yave signed star, hitchens, poe, akukumara, williamson... i can keep going.

10 millions is a lot of money guy. Mack was on our team for 4 years. We had a crap defense all 4 years. Its reggies fault we didnt resign mack. If reggie hit on ANY defensive draft picks since Mack we probably would have resigned mack. But we aren't one player away from having a good defense. With having so many holes that paying Mack 25 million is going to hurt the collective unit.

cut two bums like Penn and Irvin and have over 16M

I'll rather pay a dominant Edge Rusher 25M then pay a RB 15-20M.. RBs go down like flies 

besides the Patriots who have maybe the greatest QB of all time, all past super bowl champions had a great pass rush.. Eagles, Giants, Seahawks, Bronces...As innovative as NFL offenses tend to get, if you want to win in the playoffs you have to to get to get to the QB... Besides a few outliners, generally all playoff QB don't make mistakes and will beat you. Only way to force a good QB to make mistakes is too put him under pressure. You can drop a player on day 2 and get an impact at RB if you know how to draft...

Money should be invested in the trenches, QB, edge, number1 wideout.... I didn't even want to have this debate over and over, but clowns want to come at me

45 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

cut two bums like Penn and Irvin and have over 16M

I'll rather pay a dominant Edge Rusher 25M then pay a RB 15-20M.. RBs go down like flies 

besides the Patriots who have maybe the greatest QB of all time, all past super bowl champions had a great pass rush.. Eagles, Giants, Seahawks, Bronces...As innovative as NFL offenses tend to get, if you want to win in the playoffs you have to to get to get to the QB... Besides a few outliners, generally all playoff QB don't make mistakes and will beat you. Only way to force a good QB to make mistakes is too put him under pressure. You can drop a player on day 2 and get an impact at RB if you know how to draft...

Money should be invested in the trenches, QB, edge, number1 wideout.... I didn't even want to have this debate over and over, but clowns want to come at me

Not sure when people like you will admit that trading Mack was the right move. We missed on KoJo, Obi, Ward, MEJ, Ward, Calhoun, and Vanderhoos. That is the reason this defense is terrible and Mack wasn't signed. It makes rebuilding a defense really hard when you pay 25 million to one person. Especially when you are paying 25 million to another player already. By the time we draft and develop a defense around him, because we wont have any money to sign an impact free agent,  his contract will be up and we would have wasted 25 million dollars each year having the same quality defense we watched the last 4 years. 

Lololol "clowns want to come at me" dude i worked for the raiders for 4 years part of the film editing team. I worked with George Whitfield in San Diego for 3 years prior to that. And coached at Cal Berkeley as a graduate assistant after "playing" (more like rode the bench its not easy being a 5'10" QB lol) QB for Cal prior to working with George and this is all well known and verified for multiple posters on this site (although most arent around much anymore lol) i think i am far from a clown. 

A good running game controls the clock. T.O.P. is the most important stat in football.

You can generate pressure with a scheme and not have to pay one person 25 million dollars. Key will develop along with Hall and Hurst and we will generate consistent pressure with Guenther leading the way. Right now we have 3 rookies exepcting to provide the pass rush and Irvin who i continue to say is playing out of position. He is a SAM not DE and we could really solidify our LB with Irvin next to Whitehead and Lee. He is very similar to Anthony Barr. And Guenther and Zimmer run very similar schemes.

You my friend are the clown... goodnight

1 hour ago, OG_C2X said:

Not sure when people like you will admit that trading Mack was the right move. We missed on KoJo, Obi, Ward, MEJ, Ward, Calhoun, and Vanderhoos. That is the reason this defense is terrible and Mack wasn't signed. It makes rebuilding a defense really hard when you pay 25 million to one person. Especially when you are paying 25 million to another player already. By the time we draft and develop a defense around him, because we wont have any money to sign an impact free agent,  his contract will be up and we would have wasted 25 million dollars each year having the same quality defense we watched the last 4 years. 

Lololol "clowns want to come at me" dude i worked for the raiders for 4 years part of the film editing team. I worked with George Whitfield in San Diego for 3 years prior to that. And coached at Cal Berkeley as a graduate assistant after "playing" (more like rode the bench its not easy being a 5'10" QB lol) QB for Cal prior to working with George and this is all well known and verified for multiple posters on this site (although most arent around much anymore lol) i think i am far from a clown. 

A good running game controls the clock. T.O.P. is the most important stat in football.

You can generate pressure with a scheme and not have to pay one person 25 million dollars. Key will develop along with Hall and Hurst and we will generate consistent pressure with Guenther leading the way. Right now we have 3 rookies exepcting to provide the pass rush and Irvin who i continue to say is playing out of position. He is a SAM not DE and we could really solidify our LB with Irvin next to Whitehead and Lee. He is very similar to Anthony Barr. And Guenther and Zimmer run very similar schemes.

You my friend are the clown... goodnight

I worked for the Chargers and I don't need to boost my resume to validate my point. I also went to college with Tae&Carr and went on to get my master degree. Winners don't need to brag kid

1 hour ago, OG_C2X said:

Not sure when people like you will admit that trading Mack was the right move. We missed on KoJo, Obi, Ward, MEJ, Ward, Calhoun, and Vanderhoos. That is the reason this defense is terrible and Mack wasn't signed. 

Preach 

chuuch

tabernacle

7 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

I worked for the Chargers and I don't need to boost my resume to validate my point. I also went to college with Tae&Carr and went on to get my master degree. Winners don't need to brag kid

Congratulations. You went to fresno state. The easiest csu to get in, in the state. My sister got her masters from there too, doesn't mean **** to me.

I highly doubt you did anything besides sell tickets for the chargers, if you really even did work for the chargers at all. Because all you have to do is read 1 of your posts under any of the 7 usernames you have used in the past 3 years to realize you know as much about football as my left nut. 

9 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

Making lists of depth charts?? 

I look at the Raiders similar to the Jaguars a few years back.

They signed Malik Jackson and Gipson in 2016 and Bouye and Campbell in 2017 and traded for Dareus. Positioned with some solid young talent, they have one of the best defenses in the league now.

We all hate the Mack trade, but it should allow the team to be more aggressive in FA with more cash to go around on those type of talents. Paying good/great players over 1 guy who is the best d player in the league. And have additional draft picks to sprinkle in. So you build a more well rounded roster overall.

With a good young core group of Hurst, Hall, Key, Conley - they can add the key veteran pieces to bring it together to a solid unit. The offense, assuming Carr settles into Gruden's system in time, just need a couple pieces to elevate it further.

3 hours ago, OG_C2X said:

Congratulations. You went to fresno state. The easiest csu to get in, in the state. My sister got her masters from there too, doesn't mean **** to me.

I highly doubt you did anything besides sell tickets for the chargers, if you really even did work for the chargers at all. Because all you have to do is read 1 of your posts under any of the 7 usernames you have used in the past 3 years to realize you know as much about football as my left nut. 

reported little guy

On 03/10/2018 at 3:24 AM, daineraider said:

Just spit balling, but cut Penn, Irvin and Roberts after the season.  Add Bell $14mil, Thomas $10mil, plus Bosa/or Oliver with our top 5 pick and LB with the other first round pick.  RT in FA, OLB 2nd round.

So we end up spending Macks money on a RB and a 30yo coming off a broken leg safety ? No thanks. Awful move. 

Given Grudens penchant for veteran players I’ll be surprised if he doesn’t use at least 1 of the 1st round picks on a trade. 

I wonder if we're going to have as easy of a time signing FAs as some seem to think. We effectively spat in Mack's face and he was homegrown. Not to mention how dysfunctional we appear. Would someone like Landon Collins wanna come here? I doubt it. I wouldn't be surprised seeing us getting spurned by mid level FAs again if we don't become semi respectable by the end of the season

Archived