Raiders Sign Breno Giacomini

Silver&Black88

Much like with many of the FA signings, he has familiriarity with one of the coaches and is a good pro. I am certain now that Guruden and Reggie are deliberately bringing in high character players who know the system who can immediately be models to the other players on both the specificity of what the coaches want and how to be a pro. This makes perfect sense given the shambolic nature of the coaching of Xs and Os last year and the state of the locker room Gruden has inherited. 

This doesn't mean that this guy, Johnson, Lemur etc. are going to start, feature significantly or even be on the team at the start of the season. That doesn't mean that they don't have value during e transition phase in getting buy in from the group and helping move us in the right direction.

1 hour ago, reddevil said:

Much like with many of the FA signings, he has familiriarity with one of the coaches and is a good pro. I am certain now that Guruden and Reggie are deliberately bringing in high character players who know the system who can immediately be models to the other players on both the specificity of what the coaches want and how to be a pro. This makes perfect sense given the shambolic nature of the coaching of Xs and Os last year and the state of the locker room Gruden has inherited. 

This doesn't mean that this guy, Johnson, Lemur etc. are going to start, feature significantly or even be on the team at the start of the season. That doesn't mean that they don't have value during e transition phase in getting buy in from the group and helping move us in the right direction.

This is a good point, provided there's competition and the guarantees are small there's no real negative to bringing in these guys. If these are our Plan A though then we might be in a spot of bother, holding of judgement until the draft is complete!

Solid depth and a possible ER RT option.

He is not a small guy, so as we talked about earlier Cable will run his ZBS version, where bigger, stronger guys are used...

I can see Sharpe being our RT with Breno as his back up.

Penn the LT in front of a rookie.

KO-Hudson-Gabe with the Alexander-Feliciano-Kirkland back up line...

On 3/23/2018 at 6:32 AM, Rolni said:

Solid depth and a possible ER RT option.

He is not a small guy, so as we talked about earlier Cable will run his ZBS version, where bigger, stronger guys are used...

I can see Sharpe being our RT with Breno as his back up.

Penn the LT in front of a rookie.

KO-Hudson-Gabe with the Alexander-Feliciano-Kirkland back up line...

Archived