4 hours ago, rdelaney89 said:

My rankings are:

Rosen

Darnold

Cousins

Mayfield

Jackson

I'm not sure I'd call that drooling.

I'm not sure where I would put Cousins on my list.

1. Rosen

2. Darnold

3. L.Jackson /Mayfield

5. J.Allen

I have to watch others, but this is it so far.

4 hours ago, rdelaney89 said:

My rankings are:

Rosen

Darnold

Cousins

Mayfield

Jackson

I'm not sure I'd call that drooling.

I don't think you are drooling, I think your ranking is 100% correct. The big question is which one on your list will be available when we pick at nine or ten. It sure looks like at least three or maybe four could be gone when we pick. I just can't see Washington let Cousins walk, they will not be in position to get anyone on your draft list. Cousins had one hell of a year when you consider what he had to work with this year.

12 minutes ago, doumeyer said:

I don't think you are drooling, I think your ranking is 100% correct. The big question is which one on your list will be available when we pick at nine or ten. It sure looks like at least three or maybe four could be gone when we pick. I just can't see Washington let Cousins walk, they will not be in position to get anyone on your draft list. Cousins had one hell of a year when you consider what he had to work with this year.

I don't think he wants to sign there so the owner will have to decide $34M for 1 year of Cousins or just let him walk now. My guess is he is going to let Cousins walk, I feel bad for that fan base. 

6 minutes ago, rdelaney89 said:

I don't think he wants to sign there so the owner will have to decide $34M for 1 year of Cousins or just let him walk now. My guess is he is going to let Cousins walk, I feel bad for that fan base. 

$34 million for one year WOW that is nuts.

My rankings are...

1. Rosen (I think there’s no way we get him)

2. Cousins (we have money and obviously need a QB, I don’t mind overpaying for him, bc he is legit)

3. Darnold (I also think there’s no way we get him)

4. Bridgewater (won’t cost nearly as much as Cousins but no one has seen him since his injury really)

5. Jackson (I think he needs to develop for a year or 2 before ever taking a snap)

6. Mayfield (same as Jackson, plus he has a lot of growing up to do)

7. Allen (same as Jackson)

8. Lock (same as Jackson)

The difference is I see Risen and Darnold going before us. But I view Jackson, Mayfield and Allen as late 1st Rounders, not top 15 players.

8 hours ago, doumeyer said:

$34 million for one year WOW that is nuts.

Yea that's what the franchise tag will cost the Redskins and them at is their only method of preventing teams from signing him away. You could argue a team may want to trade for his right but I think Cousins will opt to block a trade by just playing out the 1 year franchise tag and then hit FA next year.

19 minutes ago, ekill08x said:

If thats what they want to pay him to keep him, let them. They are a bad football WITH him. Would be a horrible move for the skins. Do they even have the cap to afford that?

They have about 53m and no other major free agents to sign, but imo, even with Cousins they have a long way to go before they catch up with Dallas and Philadelphia. 

35 minutes ago, ekill08x said:

If thats what they want to pay him to keep him, let them. They are a bad football WITH him. Would be a horrible move for the skins. Do they even have the cap to afford that?

They have the cap space but I don't think they believe he signs a long term deal with them so the owner is not going to waste $34M on the franchise tag for Cousins to walk next year anyway.

1 hour ago, Dr.O said:

my Big Board as of right now:

1. Sam Darnold

2. Josh Rosen

3. Bradley Chubb

4. Baker Mayfield

5. Lamar Jackson

6. Harold Landry

7. Connor Williams

8. Josh Jackson

9. Mike McGlinchey

10. Roquan Smith

I still dont get how Darnold is #1 on any big board. Rosen is literally better at everything. I pray the Giants draft the next Mark Sanchez. 

A lot of people still have Darnold over Rosen actually.

There are 5 QB's.  Darnold, Rosen, Mayfield, Jackson and Cousins.  We need to go all in on one of those 5.  If we can't land 1 of them I consider this offseason a fail.  Then upgrade the C and RB positions and use the rest of the assets to improve the pass rush and CB play.  We do that then we are on the right track.

My hope/plan is let Jackson slide to us around 8-10, use the 2 second round picks on an edge rusher and a LT, Sign the best C in FA and add a CB like EJ Gaines (who has played well), use our early 3rd on the best RB left on the board and hope for the best.  

40 minutes ago, Rockice_8 said:

A lot of people still have Darnold over Rosen actually.

There are 5 QB's.  Darnold, Rosen, Mayfield, Jackson and Cousins.  We need to go all in on one of those 5.  If we can't land 1 of them I consider this offseason a fail.  Then upgrade the C and RB positions and use the rest of the assets to improve the pass rush and CB play.  We do that then we are on the right track.

My hope/plan is let Jackson slide to us around 8-10, use the 2 second round picks on an edge rusher and a LT, Sign the best C in FA and add a CB like EJ Gaines (who has played well), use our early 3rd on the best RB left on the board and hope for the best.  

Honestly you're right. Would save Macs job.

I've honestly started feeling the same. I misjudged him. He is a shy kid, but my god is he humble and does he seem like he loves football. The more I researched that kid the more I love him. I also dont think he will have a problem with this offense. He can throw the ball and he has very solid mechanics. My biggest issue with him is the injury risk. He is Robby Anderson thin. I am excited to see him at the combine and his pro day. Is he expected to run a 4.3?

24 minutes ago, ekill08x said:

Honestly you're right. Would save Macs job.

I've honestly started feeling the same. I misjudged him. He is a shy kid, but my god is he humble and does he seem like he loves football. The more I researched that kid the more I love him. I also dont think he will have a problem with this offense. He can throw the ball and he has very solid mechanics. My biggest issue with him is the injury risk. He is Robby Anderson thin. I am excited to see him at the combine and his pro day. Is he expected to run a 4.3?

I fully expect that. 

I like him too. For all the reasons you mentioned. I think he is a bit bigger than Robby tho

Archived