Next Great NFL Wide Receiver?

AlNFL19

51 minutes ago, Shylo3716 said:

Braxton Miller

Yeah, no. He's just not progressing enough to make a dent in targets. Bruce Ellington is pretty much the #3 WR now, and I wouldn't be surprised if the Texans drafted another WR in this draft (Deon Cain makes a ton of sense).

I'd be shocked if Miller had any more than 20 catches. Heck, anything over 16 would be a shock.

7 hours ago, PapaShogun said:

Actually I forgot about Juju Smith Shuster.

I feels like this guy has been over hyped tremendously. I don't feel he'll ever be a one. Just the vibe i get.

Dude scored one huge long play vs a bad Lions team and he's the goat off that. Or because he's super young. Just weird. 

And i'll pick a WR from Houston. Maybe Fuller.. Those guys are gonna ball with Watson.

21 minutes ago, EliteTexan80 said:

Yeah, no. He's just not progressing enough to make a dent in targets. Bruce Ellington is pretty much the #3 WR now, and I wouldn't be surprised if the Texans drafted another WR in this draft (Deon Cain makes a ton of sense).

I'd be shocked if Miller had any more than 20 catches. Heck, anything over 16 would be a shock.

I just threw him in the mix for the hell of it. According to the rules, basically, any player with more than 4 years experience would not make the cut.

2 hours ago, areksoo said:

I'm rooting for the guy too, but even with Amendola out of the picture, where does he fit in the total targets for Brady?

I rank targets for Brady by total targets (assuming everyone stays healthy):

1. Edelman

2. Cooks

3. Gronk

4. White

5. Britt

6. Hogan

7. Burkhead

I don't see Mitchell breaking into the top 3 who each could get 100 targets and White getting 70-80 targets.  Unless Mitchell outplays the top 3 (or they get injured), I don't see him getting any more than 60-70 touches max.  Britt is supposed to get a much larger role in 2018, so he's got competition for 3rd WR.

Britt might not even make the team. As of now, he ought to be dead last in any pecking order besides maybe the blocking TE or Dorsett. Definitely below Hogan and a healthy Mitchell. 

Mitchell’s issue is health. 

4 hours ago, areksoo said:

I'm rooting for the guy too, but even with Amendola out of the picture, where does he fit in the total targets for Brady?

I rank targets for Brady by total targets (assuming everyone stays healthy):

1. Edelman

2. Cooks

3. Gronk

4. White

5. Britt

6. Hogan

7. Burkhead

I don't see Mitchell breaking into the top 3 who each could get 100 targets and White getting 70-80 targets.  Unless Mitchell outplays the top 3 (or they get injured), I don't see him getting any more than 60-70 touches max.  Britt is supposed to get a much larger role in 2018, so he's got competition for 3rd WR.

He will beat out Britt easily and down the road, the Patriots won’t likely retain Cooks at his price. Edelman and Gronkowski are getting closer to retirement. And honestly I think he can handle the No. 2 WR role instead of Cooks I’d need be. Trust me, he can do it. 

Well, my gosh, with Odell Beckham (according to Browns' fans on these pages) about to be traded to Cleveland for Corey "C.C. Rider" Coleman

Image result for odell beckham jr

and a future conditional 7th that becomes a 6th if Corey Coleman catches at least 8 passes next season, I am desperately hoping that The Next Great Wide Receiver is (no, not Corey Coleman) one of the Fantastic 4, the sexy and exciting replacement receivers the Giants made do with when Odell, Brandon Marshall, Sterling Sheppard, Amani Toomer, and Homer Jones all went out with injuries. Let's hear the names!

Travis Rudolph

Roger LewisImage result for roger lewis tavarres king travis rudolph darius powe NY Giants

Tavarres KingImage result for roger lewis tavarres king travis rudolph darius powe NY Giants

Darius Powe

Image result for roger lewis tavarres king travis rudolph darius powe NY Giants

Surely, one of these swift and sure-handed gazelles wii step forward and assume the mantle proudly worn by Odell, Antonio Brown, Julio Jones, Stefon Diggs......... is this unfair? Am I asking too much?? Which one of the Fab 4 will it be???????

58 minutes ago, TheVillain112 said:

That's a Bengals uniform, not a Browns one.  But I'm good with him coming onboard...

Well, then! It's time to start putting together the Bengals' Version of the Absurdly-Optimistic Low-Ball Something-For-Nothing trade offer that fans of some of the other teams have been suggesting!

How's this: Bengals trade Cody Core (or is it Corey Code? I know it's got two 'C's, as in Corey Coleman) and Cedric "Sort Of An Offensive Tackle" Ogbuehi to the Giants for Odell Beckham. Can't see the Giants passing THAT up!!

For once, you wouldn't come off as @TheVillain112 in this one!

Image result for Cody CoreImage result for cedric ogbuehi

6 hours ago, El ramster said:

I feels like this guy has been over hyped tremendously. I don't feel he'll ever be a one. Just the vibe i get.

Dude scored one huge long play vs a bad Lions team and he's the goat off that. Or because he's super young. Just weird. 

And i'll pick a WR from Houston. Maybe Fuller.. Those guys are gonna ball with Watson.

He had over 900 yards last year across 7 starts behind AB and MB, with 3 of those games being over 100 yards and 5 of them having a catch over 40 yards. It's not like he was a one game wonder or anything. Do people really go around hyping him that much all things considered? Maybe some steelers fans I guess but that's mostly his personality that people love so much.

6 hours ago, El ramster said:

I'll agree that Fuller is going to go off this season, but he's eclipsed 500+ his rookie season - so he's out of the discussion, I think.

3 hours ago, TheVillain112 said:

Dede Westbrook

I think if he stays healthy, he's going to do some huge things.

Archived