Next Great NFL Wide Receiver?

AlNFL19

1 hour ago, KhanYouDigIt said:

Keelan Cole.

On 3/26/2018 at 6:01 PM, AlNFL19 said:

Rules:

It has to be a guy with less than 500 career receiving yards and who wasn't drafted in the first round (ex.: Laquon Treadwell), as those guys are more breakout candidates. 

Since Dede Westbrook has already been mentioned, as a bit of an obvious one who will inevitably get a ton of playing time and targets when Marqise Lee and Donte Moncrief miss time, and is obviously very highly regarded within that Jaguars organization...I guess i'll just go with my favourite "sleeper" from last year's draft.  Carlos Henderson.

8 minutes ago, biletnikoff said:

How can a patriot receiver be coming at just the right time?  He won't' have a good QB soon enough.  You don' know who will get him any balls because Brady is almost gone. 

You gotta have some balls to play in the NFL biletnikoff.....I'm sure he'll do just fine.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/26/2018 at 6:01 PM, AlNFL19 said:

Rules:

It has to be a guy with less than 500 career receiving yards and who wasn't drafted in the first round (ex.: Laquon Treadwell), as those guys are more breakout candidates. Rather, who's the super-sleeper destined to become the next superstar wideout?

My Take:

Malcolm Mitchell, WR, New England Patriots - He's a great receiver and a great guy. He's coming along at just the right time - he's developing a rapport with Brady just as Edelman is getting older and Cooks may be out the door for financial reasons. He's also young enough to develop alongside the next great Patriot quarterback, if they draft a guy. Mitchell looked good in his single season not on IR, and features decent speed, good route-running, good hands, etc. I'm really rooting for the guy.

What's your take?

Wow, either the OP's Rules are being ignored, or some guys just cannot read!

Come on, his thread, his rules!

On 3/27/2018 at 12:04 PM, EliteTexan80 said:

Yeah, no. He's just not progressing enough to make a dent in targets. Bruce Ellington is pretty much the #3 WR now, and I wouldn't be surprised if the Texans drafted another WR in this draft (Deon Cain makes a ton of sense).

I'd be shocked if Miller had any more than 20 catches. Heck, anything over 16 would be a shock.

Braxton seems like a player who needs a coach who will manufacture touches for him to take advantage of his strengths which is quickness, make you miss in open space.

I havent watched too many Texans games to know exactly how they use him but if they are trying to make him a traditional outside WR running the same routes as Hopkins then thats where his progression problem lies. They need to have a bunch of plays to get him the ball in space and not force him to try to run the traditional route tree if thats what they are doing. Use him in that Percy Harvin type role with quick underneath routes.

If they incorporated him with a bunch of bubble screens, slot work on quick routes, wheel routes, ect---then I think thats where he will shine. Get the man the ball in space

puSwdR5.gif

Archived