2018 Draft Thread v.2 - DONE AND IN THE BOOKS

RaidersAreOne

still some guys in the 2nd I would have considering at bottom half of round 1. Throw in a couple of pretty good OG's and some RB's that are still left and we should be able to get at least one of these guys. Wouldnt mind a little trade up for one of these guys either but typically lots of OL, WR, RB go high rd 2.  Landry would probably be the guy we would have to move for since EDGE is a premium spot and CLE and INDY both have two picks before ours. 

Isaiah Oliver

Josh Jackson

Maurice Hurst

Harold Landry

Justin Reid

6 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Why are there 2 draft thread going? I'm getting confused lol. 

My dark horse Raider pick..... Mike Gesicki. He's got Gruden written all over him.

I'd be surprised to see the Raiders draft a tight end at all before the 5th round considering Cook is still on the roster and what transpired in free agency.

31 minutes ago, Rich7sena said:

I'd be surprised to see the Raiders draft a tight end at all before the 5th round considering Cook is still on the roster and what transpired in free agency.

Would you though with Gruden calling the shots? He loves TEs, is said to love Gesicki.... can't rule out anything at this stage. 

2nd round tiered wants -

First tier
RB Guice
DE Green
DL Hurst
CB - Jackson Davis Oliver Alexander

2nd tier
DT BJ Hill
DE Hubbard
DT Settle
DT Phillips

Darkhorse 

TE Gesicki, TE Goedart, RB Jones

Top 5 WR - Ridley, Sutton, Kirk, Miller, Washington (less likely after the Bryant trade

Obviously my biggest want is simply get a player that will turn into a pro bowler regardless of position since we have enough holes anyway.

If i have to look at positions my preference would be LB, however with my limited knowledge there isn't really a LB with good value available in the 2nd. Based on that i'd say lets try to get a DT who can help getting the most out of Khalil Mack on passing situations.

2 hours ago, NightTrainLane said:

2nd round tiered wants -

First tier
RB Guice
DE Green
DL Hurst
CB - Jackson Davis Oliver Alexander

2nd tier
DT BJ Hill
DE Hubbard
DT Settle
DT Phillips

Darkhorse 

TE Gesicki, TE Goedart, RB Jones

Top 5 WR - Ridley, Sutton, Kirk, Miller, Washington (less likely after the Bryant trade

Settle is 2nd teir in the 5th round maybe lol. 

1 hour ago, Roninho said:

Obviously my biggest want is simply get a player that will turn into a pro bowler regardless of position since we have enough holes anyway.

If i have to look at positions my preference would be LB, however with my limited knowledge there isn't really a LB with good value available in the 2nd. Based on that i'd say lets try to get a DT who can help getting the most out of Khalil Mack on passing situations.

Fred Warner is a solid off ball LB in round 2. Probably to early for where the Raiders are picking though. 

The Raiders wound up trading down and taking UCLA tackle Kolton Miller, and probably need to tackle some defensive needs in Rounds 2 and 3 Friday night.

Specifically, we’re told, a safety and an inside linebacker. And maybe a defensive tackle. 

Per Vic Tafur. Safety is on that list. So the notion that they couldn't draft James with KJ/Obi is bunk. 

Archived