2018 Draft Thread v.2 - DONE AND IN THE BOOKS

RaidersAreOne

2 hours ago, BigD1123 said:

Looks like we are shaking all the bushes. I like it...but I dont like not having a clue what we are gonna do. Even last year you knew we were going db

No one expected Conely to be there when we picked and I also don't think it was a lock we went Db in the first.  I remember a lot of people wanting Jarrod Davis or Zach Cunningham pre draft.  

4 hours ago, BigD1123 said:

Looks like we are shaking all the bushes. I like it...but I don't like not having a clue what we are gonna do. Even last year you knew we were going db

This makes me think a trade down is the first priority.  From picks 10-15 the talent is close unless a blue chip player falls.

1 hour ago, drfrey13 said:

This makes me think a trade down is the first priority.  From picks 10-15 the talent is close unless a blue chip player falls.

I have a question in this draft who you think is a blue chip player .And let say this I'm debating that there are none just want to know who you think is a blue chip 

11 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

He's a very good prospect, probably the best in this defensive class, but he is not on a Garrett/Clowney/Bosa/Mack level. He just isn't. I believe most people will agree with that statement.

We shall see. Mack and Clowney are different animals entirely. But I personally think he's on Garrett and Bosa's level. He's an all around player like Mack who is great in run D and a terrific pass rusher. 

11 hours ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Sure but at what cost and there is no guarantee that Chubb will be an all pro type player?  Let's say Clowney (not knowing what type of player he is now) the hype machine was in this draft and was available at 4.  Would you give up 10 our 2nd and a 1st next year for Clowney?  At the time most would have said yes bc the casual fans watch highlight videos, see him blowing up a RB on one play, knocking his helmet off and think the NFL is madden.  Knowing what we know would anyone in their right mind give up that much for a player who hasn't taken an NFL snap and is not a QB?  That to me is the definition of foolish.  Ask the idiot GM from Buffalo who traded the future for Watkins how that trade worked out.  

If RM was to pull off a trade like that and Chubb busted he would be collecting unemployment and every fan would be calling for his head.  

lol.... Gruden is running this team. It would be Gruden and his guys supporting and making that move, let's be real. And nobody is going to take him to task in the honeymoon phase. 

And it's all relative. Would I have traded for Clowney with Mack on the board, no. But there isn't a #2 edge player worth much in this class. I am never a fan of trading up FYI, just playing devils advocate. It would all depend on value that had to be given up. If you believe the notion that floating around that trades could be cheaper this year because teams see value in day 2, then who knows. If you're coughing up a 1 next year and capital this year... no thanks. Trade down, draft Davenport/Landry.

Happy draft day boys! 

Im going support whatever happens boys, wish I could be in that draft room with Reggie and Gruden. I’ll try to talk them into a trade up for Chubb.... lol 

will be happy with Smith, Edmunds, Ward, James, Vea , Fitzpatrick 

dont see how we mess this up well maybe kolton miller :/ 

11 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

Happy draft day boys! 

Im going support whatever happens boys, wish I could be in that draft room with Reggie and Gruden. I’ll try to talk them into a trade up for Chubb.... lol 

will be happy with Smith, Edmunds, Ward, James, Vea , Fitzpatrick 

dont see how we mess this up well maybe kolton miller :/ 

I'm real nervous that Miller will be the pick. It'll take some real mental gymnastics to justify that one. I'm going to watch just his highlights today, so that I can tell everyone at my draft party how good of a pick it is.

3 minutes ago, mct288 said:

I'm real nervous that Miller will be the pick. It'll take some real mental gymnastics to justify that one. I'm going to watch just his highlights today, so that I can tell everyone at my draft party how good of a pick it is.

I highly doubt he's the pick at 10. Still, he falls short in two of my main offensive tackle traits: pass block technique and anchor. He does move really well and he can get himself in great position for things like traps and seals.

This should be a fun first round. Lot of intrigue coming in with the QBs. First year I can recall not knowing being sure who the #1 pick is.

For the Raiders, it's easy.... take the top defensive player available. They need help at every level.

Trade back, can't go lower than 15 or your getting second round talents. 

Drafting Miller or McGlinchey at 10 is an absolute kick in the face. Wouldn't be the BPA and there are bigger needs. That would signal Gruden is acting alone in the draft (Reggie isn't drafting either of those guys early) and we should be concerned with the judgement. 

27 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

That would signal Gruden is acting alone in the draft (Reggie isn't drafting either of those guys early) and we should be concerned with the judgement. 

That wouldn't signal ish. Reggie drafted DJ Hayden over Sheldon Richardson. Desmond Trufant, Xavier Rhodes and Darius Slay were the next CBs picked in the same draft. Reggie doesn't need help to draft poorly. 

Archived