2018 Draft Thread v.2 - DONE AND IN THE BOOKS

RaidersAreOne

I know the consensus is a trade back which I'm in favor of as well but is there a player you would consider trading up to the #4 spot for and what would you consider as compensation. 

Me personally I'm tired of not having a d.ware for Mack as Denver did for Von Miller. Plus I don't want to see Denver give him significant assistance again so I would trade up for Chubb and would be willing to give up our first this year as well as next year' first. I know it would take more than that but I wouldn't give up the farm as we have a lot of wholes to fill.

2 hours ago, Silver&BlackWarrior47 said:

I know the consensus is a trade back which I'm in favor of as well but is there a player you would consider trading up to the #4 spot for and what would you consider as compensation. 

Me personally I'm tired of not having a d.ware for Mack as Denver did for Von Miller. Plus I don't want to see Denver give him significant assistance again so I would trade up for Chubb and would be willing to give up our first this year as well as next year' first. I know it would take more than that but I wouldn't give up the farm as we have a lot of wholes to fill.

Tafur says it could happen!

I normally wouldn’t like to trade up, but I would for Chubb. Have him and Mack across from each other and you sprinkle in a fresh Bruce Irvin to take some snaps. Makes the back end of the defense better. 

Highly doudt it happens, but I wouldn’t be mad if they did. 

9 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

I normally wouldn’t like to trade up, but I would for Chubb. Have him and Mack across from each other and you sprinkle in a fresh Bruce Irvin to take some snaps. Makes the back end of the defense better. 

Highly doudt it happens, but I wouldn’t be mad if they did. 

I was saying this the other day, but was made to be a clown... it makes sense..this team has the talent to be drafting in the mid teens and 20s every year. Last year was a bad year and we landed a top 10 pick. 2 qbs and a rb likely going top 3... the jump from 10 to 4 wouldn’t cripple the franchise like a jump from 24 to 4.... 

just think of Chubb and Mack together. If Chubb is that good we would have the best pass rushing tandem in football... this will make our dbs look better.. all those high picks would be in position to shine Obi, Joseph, and Conley. Even Melvin would benefit a lot with an elite pass rush... Ellis was brought back to stop the run and we have other backers plug it in Irvin and Whitehead...  you could say we would just need a MLB ... could bring Bowman back or spend a day 2 pick...  at the end of the day, this team is one of the worst at getting nfl sacks....

On 24/04/2018 at 9:10 PM, oakdb36 said:

http://www.nbcsports.com/bayarea/raiders/raiders-seven-round-mock-draft-defense-five-first-six-picks

The first 3 picks would be amazing. Fingers crossed we can land Hurst in the 2nd.

Like this draft. I had Hurst, Pettis, Scott and Jackson all in my draft albeit I had Hurst in the 1st (with a trade down) and Oliver in round 2. 

I like Isaac Yiadom as late round CB, good on special teams as well. Marcell Frazier as a late round DE as well.

41 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

I was saying this the other day, but was made to be a clown... it makes sense..this team has the talent to be drafting in the mid teens and 20s every year. Last year was a bad year and we landed a top 10 pick. 2 qbs and a rb likely going top 3... the jump from 10 to 4 wouldn’t cripple the franchise like a jump from 24 to 4.... 

just think of Chubb and Mack together. If Chubb is that good we would have the best pass rushing tandem in football... this will make our dbs look better.. all those high picks would be in position to shine Obi, Joseph, and Conley. Even Melvin would benefit a lot with an elite pass rush... Ellis was brought back to stop the run and we have other backers plug it in Irvin and Whitehead...  you could say we would just need a MLB ... could bring Bowman back or spend a day 2 pick...  at the end of the day, this team is one of the worst at getting nfl sacks....

If the clown shoes fit!

Adding onto previous comments:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2772565-raiders-draft-rumors-oakland-willing-to-trade-to-no-5-or-6-for-bradley-chubb

With a run of quarterbacks likely early in the 2018 NFL draft, Bradley Chubb and other top prospects could still be on the board longer than initially expected.

That could lead to some teams looking to move up to get a steal.

According to Vic Tafur of The Athletic, the Oakland Raiders "would strongly consider" moving up from No. 10 if Chubb is still available at five or six.

There's a possibility Chubb may last until the No. 5 pick. The Cleveland Browns (Nos. 1 and 4), the New York Giants (No. 2) and the New York Jets(No. 3) have all been linked to passers and/or running back Saquon Barkley. Other trades could still happen as well, as teams like the Buffalo Bills and Arizona Cardinals look for a franchise quarterback. 

I would be iffy. He is the best DE prospect for sure, but I don't consider him bluechip. Previous years had better top prospects in Garrett, Bosa, etc. He would be a filthy pairing with Mack, but getting to #5 would cost a lot.

1 hour ago, Humble_Beast said:

I do not like the idea of trading up and mortgaging our future for 1 player.  I think Chubb will be a good player but what would it take to move up to 4, 10 our 2nd and a 1st next year?  No way would I do that with all the holes that need to be filled on this team.  We need depth.  I would not be opposed to a trade back from 10.  I would love to trade with NE for 23, 31 and 63 so we could walk away with a CB, DT, OT and WR.  

So would you rather trade up for Chubb and give up 10 our 2nd and a 1st next year or trade back and walk away with CB (alexander, hughes, J.Jackson , D. Jackson, Oliver) DT (Bryan, Hurst, Payne) OT (McGlinchy, Crosby, Miller, Williams) then BPA to follow? Pettis at WR?

7 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Adding onto previous comments:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2772565-raiders-draft-rumors-oakland-willing-to-trade-to-no-5-or-6-for-bradley-chubb

I would be iffy. He is the best DE prospect for sure, but I don't consider him bluechip. Previous years had better top prospects in Garrett, Bosa, etc. He would be a filthy pairing with Mack, but getting to #5 would cost a lot.

Chubb is the real deal. I don't know where you get he's not a blue chip player. He's about as sure a thing as you're going to find. Twitter draft and the media slept on Bosa too if you recall. I would HATE to see him in Denver. Personally.... I think he goes to the Giants at 2

9 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

I do not like the idea of trading up and mortgaging our future for 1 player.  I think Chubb will be a good player but what would it take to move up to 4, 10 our 2nd and a 1st next year?  No way would I do that with all the holes that need to be filled on this team.  We need depth.  I would not be opposed to a trade back from 10.  I would love to trade with NE for 23, 31 and 63 so we could walk away with a CB, DT, OT and WR.  

Raiders need depth. But they also need start talent. They have Mack and nothing else to speak of on defense. 

I get your logic, but adding a potential all-pro player to the defense is more attractive than adding more JAGs.

Archived