2018 Draft Thread v.2 - DONE AND IN THE BOOKS

RaidersAreOne

18 hours ago, BABYLON 5 said:

[Mo Hurst video]

I was as big of a Vita Vea guy as you could be most of this draft season (and I'm still a huge fan), but the more I think about it, the more I have Maurice Hurst as my number one realistic want in this draft. Of course I'd take Chubb over him, but that ain't happening.

I think the guys in that video nailed it. Who cares about the run? Disrupt the passer and good things will happen.

4 minutes ago, mct288 said:

I was as big of a Vita Vea guy as you could be most of this draft season (and I'm still a huge fan), but the more I think about it, the more I have Maurice Hurst as my number one realistic want in this draft. Of course I'd take Chubb over him, but that ain't happening.

I think the guys in that video nailed it. Who cares about the run? Disrupt the passer and good things will happen.

Yeah I'm sort of in the same boat in that I see the value of Hurst while still being a Vea fan. Either would be ok with me as long as we have a plan and use them correctly. Notice in the video that when they show the graph of Hurst having the best ever interior line season (in their rankings) Vea is a few tics under him. I think both will be great players at the next level. I also noticed that the Niners have 2 guys on that list in Buckner and Thomas.

6 minutes ago, mct288 said:

I tried hard to like Vea but i just can't if we pick him i wouldn't be mad i just prefer Hurst over him .Maybe in a trade back i even like Tevan bryan over Vea i dont know why for some reason i just cant fall in love with Vea

15 minutes ago, Dessie said:

I’m not totally sold on Smith, with Whitehead being brought in we really need a MLB and I don’t see Smith playing there.

My stance on Smith changed a bit when i realized he's pretty much in the same mold as Eric Kendricks (probably a better version). Kendricks was viewed as a WILL coming out (with the same concerns about size and ability to take on blockers) but he's doing alright at MIKE in Zimmer's D which is most likely pretty close to our new scheme. Obviously, he has Linval Joseph keeping him clean so that helps. Anyway, i feel more confident that Smith could play MIKE for us now.

Does Gruden pound the table for more offensive talent?  We've signed a lot of talent (depth) on both sides of the ball.  

Maybe a curve ball coming? 

Ridley? Guice? 

I have a feeling Gruden is going to want to make sure he puts his stamp on his first draft back. 

8 minutes ago, BABYLON 5 said:

I tried hard to like Vea but i just can't if we pick him i wouldn't be mad i just prefer Hurst over him .Maybe in a trade back i even like Tevan bryan over Vea i dont know why for some reason i just cant fall in love with Vea

I get that. Although I think there is pass rush potential to be unlocked, it will never be in the same ball park as either Hurst or Bryan. While it seems that some analysts want him to be Ngata too much because of his heritage, I think he can still be a more impactful big man in the vein of Linval Joseph.

4 minutes ago, BABYLON 5 said:

Not saying he6' accurate but he do make some good points on Kolton Miller.I didn't like him before I watch this video now I really don't like him lol 

That's why I don't buy the hype or buy the Raiders interest. You can't watch this guy and say he's anything more than a late day 2 day 3 type prospect. 

1 hour ago, mct288 said:

I get that. Although I think there is pass rush potential to be unlocked, it will never be in the same ball park as either Hurst or Bryan. While it seems that some analysts want him to be Ngata too much because of his heritage, I think he can still be a more impactful big man in the vein of Linval Joseph.

I agree with everything you said and i believe Vea gonna be good ,but i just like Hurst & Bryan get off the ball better than Vea but I do think he's stronger and handles double team better than the two

I got Darnold, Rosen and Mayfield going top 5,  then I have Chubb, Barkley, Fitzpatrick, Nelson, Ward and Smith filling out the rest of the picks before us.

Leaving Edmunds, Vea and James available. Trade back would be available if Allen is still there. Would love a small trade back with Buffalo(they jump Mia and secure their QB, we make a minimal move and add a nice pick). Picking up a 2nd or 3rd and still be in position to pick up a top defensive player. AZ, would be as far as I go back(picking up a 2 and 4) hoping one of James, Vea and Edmunds falls. Guice and Hurst would come into play at 15 as well.If I have to make a pick, I'm taking Edmunds.

If Allen goes before us, that would make Smith or Ward fall to our pick in which I would take whoever of the 2 is available.

3 QBs go top 10, with no trade back, we get Edmunds.

4 QBs go top 10, we grab either Ward or Smith

Trade back with Buffalo, pick up a day 2 pick and take James

trade back with Arizona, take Guice and add a 2nd and 4th.

I would be happy with any of these scenarios.

1 hour ago, big_palooka said:

Hurst falling to day 3 would be something. Not buying that 

Yeah I don't buy it either he had another physical and he check out .He might fall in the second round but pass that I don't see it 

Archived