2018 Draft Thread v.2 - DONE AND IN THE BOOKS

RaidersAreOne

1 minute ago, big_palooka said:

Chubb is the real deal. I don't know where you get he's not a blue chip player. He's about as sure a thing as you're going to find. Twitter draft and the media slept on Bosa too if you recall. I would HATE to see him in Denver. Personally.... I think he goes to the Giants at 2

He's a very good prospect, probably the best in this defensive class, but he is not on a Garrett/Clowney/Bosa/Mack level. He just isn't. I believe most people will agree with that statement.

1 minute ago, big_palooka said:

Raiders need depth. But they also need start talent. They have Mack and nothing else to speak of on defense. 

I get your logic, but adding a potential all-pro player to the defense is more attractive than adding more JAGs.

We are in a position to still land a very good player at #10, and still have a lot more picks to play with. Having potentially 4 QB's go ahead of us is going to be huge. I can see one/two of Fitz/James/Ward/Smith being available at our pick. 

Just now, RaidersAreOne said:

We are in a position to still land a very good player at #10, and still have a lot more picks to play with. Having potentially 4 QB's go ahead of us is going to be huge. I can see one/two of Fitz/James/Ward/Smith being available at our pick. 

Same. This Chubb stuff is a long shot. The Raiders can get an instant upgrade to their defense at 10. Trading back is risky.

2 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Raiders need depth. But they also need start talent. They have Mack and nothing else to speak of on defense. 

I get your logic, but adding a potential all-pro player to the defense is more attractive than adding more JAGs.

Sure but at what cost and there is no guarantee that Chubb will be an all pro type player?  Let's say Clowney (not knowing what type of player he is now) the hype machine was in this draft and was available at 4.  Would you give up 10 our 2nd and a 1st next year for Clowney?  At the time most would have said yes bc the casual fans watch highlight videos, see him blowing up a RB on one play, knocking his helmet off and think the NFL is madden.  Knowing what we know would anyone in their right mind give up that much for a player who hasn't taken an NFL snap and is not a QB?  That to me is the definition of foolish.  Ask the idiot GM from Buffalo who traded the future for Watkins how that trade worked out.  

If RM was to pull off a trade like that and Chubb busted he would be collecting unemployment and every fan would be calling for his head.  

36 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

I do not like the idea of trading up and mortgaging our future for 1 player.  I think Chubb will be a good player but what would it take to move up to 4, 10 our 2nd and a 1st next year?  No way would I do that with all the holes that need to be filled on this team.  We need depth.  I would not be opposed to a trade back from 10.  I would love to trade with NE for 23, 31 and 63 so we could walk away with a CB, DT, OT and WR.  

So would you rather trade up for Chubb and give up 10 our 2nd and a 1st next year or trade back and walk away with CB (alexander, hughes, J.Jackson , D. Jackson, Oliver) DT (Bryan, Hurst, Payne) OT (McGlinchy, Crosby, Miller, Williams) then BPA to follow? Pettis at WR?

Kinda like in 2016..... 

would you rather have Karl Joseph and Jihard Ward or going for it and trading up for Jalen Ramsey ? 

16 minutes ago, NJ Raider said:

Chubb to the giants is gaining momentum. Might not even be an issue. I think it’s more likely we trade back unless somehow Ward, Nelson, or smith falls to us. Don’t really see any of the three

17 minutes ago, NJ Raider said:

Chubb to the giants is gaining momentum. Might not even be an issue. I think it’s more likely we trade back unless somehow Ward, Nelson, or smith falls to us. Don’t really see any of the three

Seems pretty obvious after the Giants traded Jason Pierre-Paul.

If we stay at ten if they available for me Roquan Smith,Nick Saban son,Derwin James,Vita Vea If we trade back Maurice Hurst, Harold Landry, Mike McGlinchey players I won't draft at ten Denzel Ward ,Tremaine Edmunds,Marcus Davenport 

37 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

Kinda like in 2016..... 

would you rather have Karl Joseph and Jihard Ward or going for it and trading up for Jalen Ramsey ? 

Your logic is terrible and we didn't trade up for either of those players, we let the players we liked come to us.  Did they pan out, that has yet to be determined.  

Back to 2016,  would you rather have mortgaged our future for Buckner?  Would you rather have KJ, Ward and Conley or Buckner?

The game you're playing is so basic... 

Archived