2018 Draft Thread v.2 - DONE AND IN THE BOOKS

RaidersAreOne

5 hours ago, TheMadStork said:

Would anyone take Dallas Goedert if he makes it to our 2nd round spot? (Most likely wouldn’t make it there) but I would get him if he does. 

I would not -- especially over a dynamic runner or corner if one isn't taken in round 1. I also don't think it's out of the question he'd be available.

I been saying it for months now Oliver is my number one CB in this draft .Down the line I believe he gonna be the best CB that came out this draft.If he falls in to the second round I will be surprise.He's everything you want in a corner a lot of people sleeping on him and when he gets to the league I bet he wake them up 

24 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Mychal Kendricks could be had out of Philly. He had an awesome year last season and is in his prime. Would instantly upgrade our entire D and likely wouldn't cost a whole lot (mid rounder). 

Any interest?

Not just the pick we have to worry about but his salary (4.4mil to us) and the reason Philly is so desperate to get rid of him every year.

40 minutes ago, Mr Bob Dobalina said:

I think Ward will be gone. Give Me James or Fitzpatrick. Safety might not be the biggest need but those guys are going to be stars.

I agree that I think Ward will be gone--hes the pick I want but James or Fitz would be good.

Top 8 wishlist (at least 2 QB drafted ahead):

Barkley

Chubb

Ward

Roquan

Edmunds

James

Fitzpatrick

Nelson (move KO to tackle)

6 hours ago, Rich7sena said:

I would not -- especially over a dynamic runner or corner if one isn't taken in round 1. I also don't think it's out of the question he'd be available.

I don’t think it’s out of the question. It’s unfortunate to spend a 2nd rounder on a TE after JUST using a 3rd to select Clive Walford , who I always thought was a horrible selection. 

But I really like Goedert. I would take him if he’s available. Of coarse I’d have to see who slips to that spot at well. I’d love to get a mike hughes or other CB. 

http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/news/nfl-draft-rumors-news-2018-josh-rosen-baker-mayfield-seahawks-patriots/we39wjkoszkh1865uxzb1c7fp

A slight majority of teams have UCLA’s Kolton Miller as the top offensive tackle on their boards, with Notre Dame’s Mike McGlinchey the No. 1 tackle on many boards, as well. Miller and McGlinchey are likely to be drafted within in the top 25 picks.

First-round picks in which I feel most confident: Browns taking Bradley Chubb, Bucs taking Denzel Ward, Raiders taking Roquan Smith, Dolphins taking Minkah Fitzpatrick, Redskins taking Vita Vea, Panthers taking D.J. Moore.

I will say this about McGlinchey: as a prospect he does remind me a bit of Jack Conklin. I was higher on Conklin than most as a right tackle/quard prospect based on his play against DeForest Buckner that year. McGlinchey doesn't have that tent pole game, but he didn't play nearly as bad against Miami as many claim.

11 minutes ago, Rich7sena said:

I will say this about McGlinchey: as a prospect he does remind me a bit of Jack Conklin. I was higher on Conklin than most as a right tackle/quard prospect based on his play against DeForest Buckner that year. McGlinchey doesn't have that tent pole game, but he didn't play nearly as bad against Miami as many claim.

As a RT, I have no problem w/ McGlinchey. I think he will be a stud on that side. Drafting a RT at 10 over what will obviously be there just doesn't make sense however. 

9 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

As a RT, I have no problem w/ McGlinchey. I think he will be a stud on that side. Drafting a RT at 10 over what will obviously be there just doesn't make sense however. 

RT face more elite edge rushers -- especially in the AFC West -- than LT in today's NFL. If all things were equal, a RT would be worth it in my eyes.

I have been very hot and cold with R.Smith. At this point in time I would prefer to go a different direction (Ward, Fitz, James, etc) but wouldn't be upset with Smith at all. My only concern is if he is a true MLB. I think he would be an elite OLB but question his ability to an extent of being a true MLB. Then again speed is everything nowadays, even at MLB. 

• Leadership
  • Tackling ability
  • Speed
  • Coverage
  • IQ
  • Beats blockers with speed

All areas he excels at. The only major problems he has is getting eaten up once a blocker is engaged with him, and the "medical red flag" I have heard about at the combine. I know he pulled a hammy (?), but thought I heard it was more serious. Any updates on this?

Who knows if they are even real or current?  Some teams are creating red flags it seems. Read today that teams are worried about Sony Michel’s acl injury from 2011. 2011! He was probably a sophomore or junior in high school. I think he is recovered. I could see if it were the last year or two, but damn!

Archived