2018 Draft Thread v.2 - DONE AND IN THE BOOKS

RaidersAreOne

5 hours ago, Bitty 2.0 said:

Even if we find a above average LT we have to draft him, Penn is a huge liability and over paid. ( 8.3 million).

The  Raiders are in such dire need of OTs that I could see them drafting 2.

Unfortunately, I’m worried about this happening and could realistically see two picks invested too.

i could see a trade back with New England being considered (if the QB speculation for them has any teeth) and looking at Williams, mcGlinchy or Miller and then looking at another prospect later.  It’s ironic though because in reality, I fully expect New England to draft an OT with one of those picks, QB be damned.

As to that hypothetical trade , i remember the question being posed here a couple of days ago. For the record, I’d take the 23 and 31 picks for our 10 easily.

2 of these 4 would be a HUGE for our D and easily would make a much bigger combined impact than the bigger names earlier:

Hurst/Payne

Alexander

Evans

This Miller rumour, combined with us supposedly being high on Mcglinchey does make me a little concerned that because of our need at T our FO feel it is the single biggest priority going into the draft. It concerns me 2 ways.

1. That they take a tackle at 10 (my biggest fear) and

2. They feel confident they can acquire them with a trade down and take just a so-so deal from the Pats or Buffalo or the Cards.

I can definitely see Reggie and Gruden both overvaluing the option of trading down, which is a mistake imo in what looks to be a top heavy draft talent wise. Plus.....I really don't want Mcglinchey or Miller!!!

I don’t know what to believe right now. But remember, in the past we have been linked to guys like sharif Floyd, nkemidiche, etc. 

So far, this week: hurst, Ro Smith, guice, McGlinchey, and Miller. (Am I missing anybody?) We could end up with none of these guys. 

I don’t like the idea of passing on defensive talent for an ot. But I also realize that this position is very weak. Do we take one early and then pursue those defensive positions that are considered deeper with pick(s) we accumulate in the other rounds? I’m not saying I want that to happen, just looking at both sides of it.

I’m hoping that a supreme defensive talent falls to us that would be too hard to pass up. I know some ppl aren’t sold on Ro Smith, but I would def prefer him over McGlinchey or Miller.

My gut makes me think we stay at 10 and take Vea and that all of this is smoke. ( I mean, it seems like a sure thing nyg takes Barkley, but does it actually happen?) Don’t ask me why, just have that hunch, 

If we draft Kolton Miller I'll be sick. He's not even a good football player. We are picking 10. Draft a stud not some project. Its like are these guys sitting in the war room trying to find away not to draft a good player? its so frustrating. Hopefully this is all B.S and its his agent trying to hype him up. 

you either take one of the top 10 talent guys on defense of trade back and grab a solid first rounder at DT/LB  and then go grab a CB and Wynn in 2nd

Or trade back in first round a bit and grabbed like Smith still or Harold or Davenport. then use extra 2nd to trade  back Into late first and grab Hurst. Instantly upgrading Dline and or dline and lb. Then use our 2nd rounder for a CB. boom

1 hour ago, roi34 said:

you either take one of the top 10 talent guys on defense of trade back and grab a solid first rounder at DT/LB  and then go grab a CB and Wynn in 2nd

Or trade back in first round a bit and grabbed like Smith still or Harold or Davenport. then use extra 2nd to trade  back Into late first and grab Hurst. Instantly upgrading Dline and or dline and lb. Then use our 2nd rounder for a CB. boom

You have to have trade partners. It's not always as easy as it seems. 

On 4/15/2018 at 5:58 PM, raidr4life said:

https://youtu.be/_weSYuJXSFU?t=1m30s

First question and follow up. Boom

"It's not about height, weight, speed..."

Other tidbits - 5:30 and 8:00 - putting to rest the BPA stuff because of FA. Says they won't overlook a guy they really like because they signed someone at the position.

tenor.gif

(DBs is still on the menu boys)

No updates on Bowman or Mack or Coop 5th year (they like them all)

They are gonna bring in the best 90 in reference to less or more UDFA being brought in because of the # of FAs and draft picks we have.

Won't rule out drafting his son. Let slip that the coaches like him. Could have been in jest. Also floated that he has the talent to play both OL and DL.

1 minute ago, big_palooka said:

Do you have to voice your opinion on everything? Using a word like "Boom" in any statement implies it's simple. 

boom is like epic awesomeness not simplicity. and isnt everything with the draft hypothetical really? it's all a guessing game for most part.

Boom

What would you guys think if we traded down with Arizona for a 3rd and a 5th and got

1. Derrius Guice, RB, LSU

2. Tyrell Crosby, OT, Oregon

3. Quenton Meeks, DB, Stanford

3. Jeff Holland. EDGE, Auburn

4. Jack Cichy, LB, Wisconsin

5. JK Scott, Punter, Alabama

5. Marcell Ateman, WR, Oklahoma State

5.  Tyler Conklin, TE, CMU

What would you guys think of that?

I doubt that Miller is the pick at 10. The guy hasn’t been mentioned at all until last week. The Raiders could still draft him but it would probably be later in the draft. Reggie’s left field picks have usually been guys who where dominant in college but where cut down by injury. 

1 hour ago, Chali21 said:

I doubt that Miller is the pick at 10. The guy hasn’t been mentioned at all until last week. The Raiders could still draft him but it would probably be later in the draft. Reggie’s left field picks have usually been guys who where dominant in college but where cut down by injury. 

I agree. I think the chances are VERY slim of Miller being the pick. Was just something to discuss on a slow weekend.

Archived