2018 Draft Thread v.2 - DONE AND IN THE BOOKS

RaidersAreOne

25 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

I have been very hot and cold with R.Smith. At this point in time I would prefer to go a different direction (Ward, Fitz, James, etc) but wouldn't be upset with Smith at all. My only concern is if he is a true MLB. I think he would be an elite OLB but question his ability to an extent of being a true MLB. Then again speed is everything nowadays, even at MLB. 

• Leadership
  • Tackling ability
  • Speed
  • Coverage
  • IQ
  • Beats blockers with speed

All areas he excels at. The only major problems he has is getting eaten up once a blocker is engaged with him, and the "medical red flag" I have heard about at the combine. I know he pulled a hammy (?), but thought I heard it was more serious. Any updates on this?

I will love if we get to pick Roquan I just don't think he will make it to us .He just destroyed this center but like Riddick said they said the same thing about Willis 

1 hour ago, Rich7sena said:

RT face more elite edge rushers -- especially in the AFC West -- than LT in today's NFL. If all things were equal, a RT would be worth it in my eyes.

I get it, but protecting the blindside is more important in most cases. Do we trust Tom Cable to develop Oline talent? Or work with the talent they have?

4 minutes ago, BABYLON 5 said:

I will love if we get to pick Roquan I just don't think he will make it to us .He just destroyed this center but like Riddick said they said the same thing about Willis 

Smith is going to be a star. Too many people have completely over thought it with him. Teams won't however.... Indy I hear really likes him. 9ers as well. A lot would have to fall right for him to make it to 10 and I sure hope it does. He's special. I've not had more fun watching a player at UGA in recent memory. 

32 minutes ago, NJ Raider said:

https://mobile.twitter.com/RaidersSource/status/988869709083922432

Anybody see this? Looks like LaCanfora actually had a credible story. Would much rather have best defender available in the first and Crosby in the second. Hopefully the nonbelievers are the ones that make the decision.

Seems like they're (Miller and Crosby) are being discussed as 2nd rounders according to that tweet (Crosby is not going in the first, let alone top 10).

Also lol Victor Cotto.

4 hours ago, justwinbaby81 said:

I agree that I think Ward will be gone--hes the pick I want but James or Fitz would be good.

Top 8 wishlist (at least 2 QB drafted ahead):

Barkley

Chubb

Ward

Roquan

Edmunds

James

Fitzpatrick

Nelson (move KO to tackle)

I just Don’t know about moving KO to tackle. We know he’s a All pro guard. But what he’s going to be at tackle is a unknown.Good list. Dream scenario is Chubb falls to us.

12 minutes ago, Rich7sena said:

Seems like they're (Miller and Crosby) are being discussed as 2nd rounders according to that tweet (Crosby is not going in the first, let alone top 10).

Also lol Victor Cotto.

I took it as taking Miller in the first (hopefully in a trade down scenario) vs. Crosby in the second when they said value. 

Cotto can be arrogant and too political for my taste, but I check out his tweets from time to time. Do question his sources at times but some times he is right. Hopefully your interpretation is what he meant.

56 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

wouldn't be mad at a trade up to number 4 to select Bradley Chubb..  Imagine Mack and Chubb causing nightmares for QBs......maybe part with a second rounder, I wanted to draft a CB there, but maybe roll the dice with Worley 

It'll cost us a lot more than a 2nd to move up to #4. That is still prime franchise QB range and teams are going to be willing to give up a ton to get their guy. No way we move up imo. 

7 hours ago, big_palooka said:

As a RT, I have no problem w/ McGlinchey. I think he will be a stud on that side. Drafting a RT at 10 over what will obviously be there just doesn't make sense however. 

I agree with a lot of what you say. I have for years. But I dont believe in a spot being too high if he is your guy. If you think he is a perinail pro bowler at RT and that the next guy is a good starter at say DT or whatever. You go with the pro bowler in my opinion. Like Walsh used to say if you have him as a top five guy and think other have him as a third rounder you take him in the top five. Or something to that effect. Because if you have him ranked high chances are so does someone else. You take your guy when you can.

Archived