2018 Draft Thread v.2 - DONE AND IN THE BOOKS

RaidersAreOne

10 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

Must not have impressed in the mini camp they had. Gives roster space to a team that will be active in signing UDFA. I’m sure he will be the first of many cuts that we see over the next 72 hours. 

Conspiracy Brother is coming out right now. That's what Vic Tafur said too. But, to even be putting in work and effort cutting players hours before the draft is too big of a coincidence. The last 24 hours they should all be locked into draft mode, talking to other teams and gauging trade interest, etc.  It has to be linked to something they're planning on doing this weekend no? unless it coincided with Worley's contract, they're about the same amount and we just announced it. I wonder if they need or are planning on having a certain amount of cap space.

28 minutes ago, Rich7sena said:

Don't get why Latham was cut before the draft. I wonder if something happened with him off the field.

They will need to free up spots for rookie FA signings. So expect low men on the roster to be purged. Latham was a fringe roster player who's been cut a few times already. No surprise he was first to go.

Another forum I read has some good info from a sem-reliable friend of an "insider". He's been right before and has mentioned our #1 goal is to trade down. He mentioned a number of teams, the Pats being the most serious. Sounds like if a QB they like is there, they may pull the trigger with us to jump the teams after us.

TIFWIW.

54 minutes ago, Rich7sena said:

Don't get why Latham was cut before the draft. I wonder if something happened with him off the field.

Might be a tricky smokescreen.... Raiders cut a DT so they must be drafting one, which could cover up our top target? Who knows 

1 minute ago, RaidersAreOne said:

PLEASE TRADE HIM AND TAKE MCGLINCHEY!

Was just about to put something up about this.  Combined with a possible trade with the Pats and I would not freak out about Kolton Miller in the back end of the first.

McGlinchey may not be a top 10 talent, but in an OT class that's not very good or deep from what the experts say that causes them to go ahead of what they should be drafted because you know you can't pick on later on. I believe Gruden would like McGlinchey because I feel like Gruden knows he has to protect Carr by any means if he wants his offense to work. That's why I can see him being the pick. Hoping he is not, but were 3 plus hours from the Raiders pick so well find out soon. 

Hoping McGlinchey or Kolton Miller aren't the pick, looking for anyone on defense.  Looking at Fitzpatrick, James, Smith to be picked but who knows what to expect with Gruden in there this year. Have a feeling he's gonna fall in love with some random prospect and the pick will be from left field.

4 minutes ago, CaribouLou said:

Hoping McGlinchey or Kolton Miller aren't the pick, looking for anyone on defense.  Looking at Fitzpatrick, James, Smith to be picked but who knows what to expect with Gruden in there this year. Have a feeling he's gonna fall in love with some random prospect and the pick will be from left field.

Gruden scares me anytime there is a decision with personnel.  Love him on game day but....

Archived