• Jaire Alexander [ CB ] Louisville
    • Da'Ron Payne [ DT ] Alabama
    • Will Hernandez [ OG ] UTEP
    • James Daniels [ C ] Iowa
    • Taven Bryan [ DT ] Florida
    • Rashaan Evans [ LB ] Alabama
    • Leighton Vander Esch [ LB ] Boise St.

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/01/2018 at 06:47 AM

PLEASE READ THESE RULES BEFORE POSTING OR VOTING:

• Each poll will last 24 hours 
  • There are two polls, one to cast your first choice, one to cast your second preference
  • The player with the most votes from BOTH polls, will be declared the pick
  • If the votes are tied in both polls, the highest scorer in poll 1 wins
  • There will be no run-offs
  • If you vote for the same player in both polls, your vote(s) will be disqualified
  • Poll options are dictated from a consensus media analyst big board here:-
  • I will try and get options are positions of need for each team

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1fMLjpsJseSte7bSrv_h7v8dNuZEMh_KAqPjP6zr3OfU/edit#gid=0

Pre combine mock details can be found here:-

Draft Order

1.Cleveland Browns - Sam Darnold [ QB ] USC

2.New York Giants - Josh Rosen [ QB ] UCLA

3.New York Jets (From Indianapolis) - Baker Mayfield [ QB] Oklahoma

4.Cleveland Browns (From Houston) - Saquon Barkley [ RB ] Penn St.

5.Denver Broncos - Quenton Nelson [OG] Notre Dame

6.Indianapolis Colts (From NY Jets) - Bradley Chubb    [    EDGE    ]    NC State

7.Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Derwin James    [    S    ]    Florida St.

8.Chicago Bears

9.San Francisco 49ers

10.Oakland Raiders

11.Miami Dolphins

12.Buffalo Bills

13.Washington Redskins

14.Green Bay Packers

15.Arizona Cardinals

16.Baltimore Ravens

17.Los Angeles Chargers

18.Seattle Seahawks

19.Dallas Cowboys

20.Detroit Lions

21.Cincinnati Bengals (From Buffalo )

22.Buffalo Bills

23.Los Angeles Rams

24.Carolina Panthers

25.Tennessee Titans

26.Atlanta Falcons

27.New Orleans Saints

28.Pittsburgh Steelers

29.Jacksonville Jaguars

30.Minnesota Vikings

31.New England Patriots

32.Philadelphia Eagles

Harold Landry @ OLB > Denzel Ward @ CB.....

Our pass rush right now is pretty easily the single largest hole on our current roster, and pretty desperately needs fresh blood... I don't trust Davenport to play OLB, and while Tremaine Edmunds has the physical traits, who knows if he can actually pass rush from the outside... Meanwhile Landry tested out at a just under an elite level athletically, has shown a season of elite production getting to the QB, and even in his down/injured year this season... was still on pace to have a decent season (which would have also statistically tied Davenport's production this year.... and in a higher division of competition)

ILB and Corner both come behind OLB as far as need goes, as both positions have bodies in them that are at least serviceable but could potentially get upgraded (or have an aging Vet that likely gets replaced on a 3 year plan)

Of the available prospects, I'm highest on Ward-CB so he was my second choice.... Edmunds has a shot to be really damn good one day, but without sitting him down and talking to him I just can't tell whether his slow processing on tape is entirely due to age/inexperience or just a slow processor.  As such, I gotta stick to Ward as my #2, since he's shown the elite level athleticism as well as the instinct for the corner position. His size is a bit of a concern, but if he can cover a 6ft 5in Mike Gesicki, I think he'll be fine at the NFL level....

Ryan Pace has proven to draft BPA at the biggest or one of the biggest needs in the top 10. He values ELITE athletic qualities (Kevin White/Leonard Floyd). He’s traded up in the 1st two out of three drafts, if he sees a guy he wants (very well could be Chubb) he is extremely aggressive in getting them. 

For the people that don’t follow the Bears very often, for months all of their mocks had the Bears going Ridley (when I bet less than 10% of Bears fans in our forum were picking Ridley). Now it seems the flavor of these same fans is Tremaine Edmunds. ILB isn’t even a top 5 need at this point, making his selection extremely questionable if what Pace has done in the past is any indicator. 

I think the clear BPA here at a top need with a prospect that has absolutely elite traits, is 

Denzel Ward

If Pace is locked into upgrading the weakest position (has in the past), than this Pick will be

Marcus Davenport

EDIT: Wanted to clarify in regards to Minkah Fitzpatrick. Unless Fangio believes he can play CB I just don’t see where he fits into this team. Rookie Eddie Jackson was one of the leagues best young FS/NB players in all of the league last year. Needless to say, I’d be surprised if Pace considered Fitz at 8 overall.

I've been going back and forth myself so much the past couple weeks. It HAS to be a pass rusher; if there is one thing that Fangio's defense was missing last season it is a pure game-wrecking pass rusher. It's why we got killed on so many 3rd and long conversions last season (IIRC). He wants to rush 4 or less and drop 7 or more into coverage... problem is that won't work if you have nobody pressuring the QB.

Give me Harold Landry.

I'm confused as to why people are choosing Minkah here. 8 people have voted for him as the first choice but none of them have given a reason as to why.

This is part of the problem with relying strictly on the voting system on this site. Just my opinion.

17 minutes ago, JustAnotherFan said:

I'm confused as to why people are choosing Minkah here. 8 people have voted for him as the first choice but none of them have given a reason as to why.

This is part of the problem with relying strictly on the voting system on this site. Just my opinion.

I don't get the selection in general myself...

We have Amos @ SS (who had his best season last year), and Eddie Jackson @ FS (who wasn't elite, but was a rookie who probably exceeded expectations and had some of our best defensive splash plays last year).... Safety is probably one of the very few positions where we actually have 2 young guys who are playing well....

Then you look at corner, and we have Fuller (who just had a career year, and was just resigned) on the outside, so that's safe to say is locked up...  That leaves Minkah replacing either Prince Amukamara on the outside (who is resigned short term, but played very well for his contract last year) or Bryce Callahan on the inside (who statistically grades out as one of the better slot corners in the league... when he's actually healthy)....

So Minkah's pick is replacing a guy who plays very well, but is only available half the time (for a defensive look we are only in half the time), or replacing an aging guy who played decently on the outside....a position it's very questionable Minkah can even play (and even if that was the intention, Ward or even Josh Jackson are almost assuredly better fits to play outside Corner)

8 minutes ago, Epyon said:

I don't get the selection in general myself...

We have Amos @ SS (who had his best season last year), and Eddie Jackson @ FS (who wasn't elite, but was a rookie who probably exceeded expectations and had some of our best defensive splash plays last year).... Safety is probably one of the very few positions where we actually have 2 young guys who are playing well....

Then you look at corner, and we have Fuller (who just had a career year, and was just resigned) on the outside, so that's safe to say is locked up...  That leaves Minkah replacing either Prince Amukamara on the outside (who is resigned short term, but played very well for his contract last year) or Bryce Callahan on the inside (who statistically grades out as one of the better slot corners in the league... when he's actually healthy)....

So Minkah's pick is replacing a guy who plays very well, but is only available half the time (for a defensive look we are only in half the time), or replacing an aging guy who played decently on the outside....a position it's very questionable Minkah can even play (and even if that was the intention, Ward or even Josh Jackson are almost assuredly better fits to play outside Corner)

Pretty much how I see as well. While I have my doubts about the secondary, this is the least of our concerns until proven otherwise. And especially at the safety position. Jackson is fine. Amos is up the in air but even then you don't take a SS with the 8th pick in any draft....I don't care who he is.   

On 3/31/2018 at 10:44 PM, JustAnotherFan said:

Pretty much how I see as well. While I have my doubts about the secondary, this is the least of our concerns until proven otherwise. And especially at the safety position. Jackson is fine. Amos is up the in air but even then you don't take a SS with the 8th pick in any draft....I don't care who he is.   

I agree with this. I’ve always taken Amos with a grain of salt, he lacks creating turnovers and seems to have a hit game, then cold game. 2016 tape was badddddd. Prince has played a full season once in 7 years and despite whoever graded Callahan like that, was consistently out of position last season. All 3 of those could potentially be upgraded.

Archived