Dorsey's Hero/Villain Mock

Bernie's Curls

17 minutes ago, Bernie's Curls said:

Still on the Mahomes bandwagon. Definitely whiffed on my Watson evaluation, didn't realize that his mobility translated so well to the NFL. Makes me think I'm being too hard on Lamar Jackson this year too.

Kansas City handled Mahomes very well, had they threw him to the wolves right away it would have been messy.  Watson, we will see, he looked great and produced huge.  But like I said, it was in a very simplified system that was tailored just for him and he went down before the league really adjusted.  We will see.

22 minutes ago, DizzyDean said:

Kansas City handled Mahomes very well, had they thrown him to the wolves right away it would have been messy.  Watson, we will see, he looked great and produced huge.  But like I said, it was in a very simplified system that was tailored just for him and he went down before the league really adjusted.  We will see.

fify

18 hours ago, freakygeniuskid said:

Both of those statements can't be true. That's kinda the point of trading down.

Barkley with a DE picked in the 2nd is better than Guice & Daveport      Chubb with a RB picked in the 2nd is better than Davenport & Guice.  My point was I'd rather stay at #4 and take the superior talent than trade back and take lesser talent this year. Worded better?

As for the trade back... it has always worked out for us! I've lost count of the probowlers and guys going to Canton we have drafted over the years from trading back. (note sarcasm)

I've said it before, if the Bills want to trade with us I want their whole farm. I really want to see  either Chubb on the same Dline as Garrett or Barkley next to Taylor/Darnold.  If the Bills want to ruin that for me, then well, they are going to overpay. I'm going to want 1st day picks from 2018 and 2019 along with 2nd day picks from 2018, 2019 and 2020. If they don't want to trade to these terms then let Denver pick their franchise guy instead. Point being I don't want the trade to be fair because I don't want to lose out on either Chubb or Barkley.

That is all

Mastercheddaar

6 hours ago, Mastercheddaar said:

Barkley with a DE picked in the 2nd is better than Guice & Daveport      Chubb with a RB picked in the 2nd is better than Davenport & Guice.  My point was I'd rather stay at #4 and take the superior talent than trade back and take lesser talent this year. Worded better?

As for the trade back... it has always worked out for us! I've lost count of the probowlers and guys going to Canton we have drafted over the years from trading back. (note sarcasm)

I've said it before, if the Bills want to trade with us I want their whole farm. I really want to see  either Chubb on the same Dline as Garrett or Barkley next to Taylor/Darnold.  If the Bills want to ruin that for me, then well, they are going to overpay. I'm going to want 1st day picks from 2018 and 2019 along with 2nd day picks from 2018, 2019 and 2020. If they don't want to trade to these terms then let Denver pick their franchise guy instead. Point being I don't want the trade to be fair because I don't want to lose out on either Chubb or Barkley.

That is all

Mastercheddaar

I agree with this MasterCheddaar. I want 3 1st rounds (2 in 2018 and 1 in 2019) to even get the convo started. Imho that is what Dorsey is gonna want. He will more then likely try and trade up after that. He has said before (sorry I couldn't find the link) that he wants vets so I just don't see him with so many rooks. I could be way off base on this but that is what is running through my head. 

On 4/6/2018 at 12:03 AM, MistaBohmbastic said:

Going back to Davenport, when it's all said and done, this dude's potential starts to flourish, and he'll be serviceable. But Landry, if he truly flourishes, well gentlemen...we have a potential hall of famer on our hands.

Davenport is the most difficult guy to block as a pass rusher in the draft. He's got crazy explosion off the snap and has illegally violent hands. He rocks OT's back with ease. His bull rush is far and away the best pass rush move any of these pass rushers have in the class. Landry has great bend and outside/in moves, but he's ragdolled against the run and if you get your mitts on him, he's as dead as we would be out there. There are too many eye-opening negative plays from Landry to make me fall in love with him as a prospect. Davenport has every physical tool you want plus he's violent and has a refined bull rush. I can't remember any prospect having a better bull rush...maybe Bosa, but it's pretty damn close. Davenport's nasty and still so raw. He's going to be a nightmare in the NFL. I have him ahead of Chubb right now in the rankings and he's sitting at #6 on my big board. Love him.

Trade Gordon and 4th for 63. 

1. Sam Darnold QB

trade down with the bills. 

12,22,54 and future 1st 

trade 22 and 33 for OBJ 

12. Trade up with Buccaneers 12 and 64 

7. Denzel Ward CB

35. Connor Williams T 

54. Nick Chubb RB 

63. Duke Ejiofor DE 

I don't like any draft that tries to solve the LT position in this year's terrible OT class. Let Shon Coleman try to play the position before we look for a new LT. He'll probably be a tick below average, but all of these rookie OT's would be too. This is a terrible OT class. Just wait it out until the value matches the need at least somewhat.

The only OT I want is Joseph Noteboom in the R4-7 range. I'm not investing high draft picks in overrated prospects.

On 4/6/2018 at 5:38 PM, DizzyDean said:

His ceiling is light years higher than that of mr mediocre darnold.  His ceiling is lower than Allen, he ceiling is probably about the same as Rosen.  The thing about mayfield is that his floor and ceiling are very close.  He will be very good, and it’s almost certain.  Darnold will be very mediocre and that is also almost certain (not a bust by any means, just just meh for 10 years), Rosen has good upside but I think the floor is significantly lower than mayfields floor.  Allen has a huge ceiling but comes with some risk.  Jackson also has a huge ceiling but comes with more risk than Allen.  In short, it’s either mayfield or Allen if we must choose a qb at the top of round one.  If we can do a Jedi mind frack on the giants and get them to move up for mr mediocre, that is a definite win for us.

You say all this floor and ceiling nonsense with so much certainty it's almost as if you found biff's back to the future almanac or something.  We have a time traveler on our hands boys...tell us oh Nostradamus how many more games do we have to endure of Hue Jackson's train wreck?  I will jump ship as a Browns fan if we take Mayfield number 1 over the other QB's.

23 minutes ago, Fofsadness said:

You say all this floor and ceiling nonsense with so much certainty it's almost as if you found biff's back to the future almanac or something.  We have a time traveler on our hands boys...tell us oh Nostradamus how many more games do we have to endure of Hue Jackson's train wreck?  I will jump ship as a Browns fan if we take Mayfield number 1 over the other QB's.

Yes, yes, and A million times, yes!! You nailed it.  I agree with this post 100%. There are a lot of "Biff's" up in this forum lol. I attach IMO to almost everything because I read a lot of stuff on here that makes me say "I don't want to be lumped into the same category as this guy" . Everyone thinks they have all the answers. I can def say I have no insider info and am just stating my opinion. Fofsadness this might be my favorite post on this site ever, I wish I could upvote 1000 times. 

2 for 1 special!

Trade number one, we put the Vulcan mind melt on the Giants, con them into thinking that Mr. Mediocre Darnold will be our pick.  They give up 2 overall and their round 2 (maybe even more) to move up to take Mr. Mediocre.  We still get our top choice at QB at #2.

Trade number 2, we put the Vulcan mind melt on Denver.  The top 3 picks are QBs, one of the top 4 is left, we convince them that we are on the horn with the Bills and about to make a move so that they can take him.  Denver ponies up pick 5 and their 2nd (maybe even more) to move up one spot to get the last of the big 4, again we still get our first choice.

Dorsey, time to make amends for giving Shelton away for nothing.

Those 2 picks turn into Orlando Brown and Harrison Phillips.   2 big nasties to start for 10 plus years in the trenches, one on each side of the ball, one to step in for the living legend Joe Thomas.

On 4/6/2018 at 4:34 PM, bruceb said:

I think that the only scenario that would be worse than taking Mayfield at #1 would having Darnold in our grasp and giving him away for Mayfield.

I love you, bruce, but you're getting a reverse victory lap thread if this happens.

On 4/6/2018 at 6:39 PM, bruceb said:

fify

troll coach--^

6 hours ago, Fofsadness said:

Don't worry. We're gonna trade back to #2 and get Mayfield there after the Giants go up for Darnold.

On ‎4‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 5:38 PM, DizzyDean said:

His ceiling is light years higher than that of mr mediocre darnold.  His ceiling is lower than Allen, he ceiling is probably about the same as Rosen.  The thing about mayfield is that his floor and ceiling are very close.  He will be very good, and it’s almost certain.  Darnold will be very mediocre and that is also almost certain (not a bust by any means, just just meh for 10 years), Rosen has good upside but I think the floor is significantly lower than mayfields floor.  Allen has a huge ceiling but comes with some risk.  Jackson also has a huge ceiling but comes with more risk than Allen.  In short, it’s either mayfield or Allen if we must choose a qb at the top of round one.  If we can do a Jedi mind frack on the giants and get them to move up for mr mediocre, that is a definite win for us.

Jeez man. I don't know where to start. For me personally, this post loses all credibility when it makes the claim that Allen should be taken over Darnold (who apparently shouldn't even be considered!)! I would argue that Darnold is the safest pick in this draft when you consider skillset and durability. I'd argue that Rosen is closer to his ceiling currently, but he and Darnold's performances from their respective seasons were not far off (with Rosen having some edge this past year).

Mayfield does have room for growth, his college offense did not focus on outside throws as much as he would in a pro offense, but he's smarter than some make him out to be. He should be good. My concern with him is the previous concussions, and his size against an NFL linebacker. Rosen may have size, but his more recent concussions have to be worrisome as well.

I'd like to ask: is it the rocket arm that gives you the impression of Allen having the highest ceiling? Or are you seeing something we aren't? HES THE BIGGEST RISK IN DAMN DRAFT DUDE!!! Like...what?!?! Isn't April Fools over????

Look man, you're entitled to your opinion, but this is insanity.

On ‎4‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 7:23 PM, bosko1616 said:

Trade Gordon and 4th for 63.

You had me at "trade Gordon." Kinda eliminates the reality factor from this mock, no?

2 hours ago, MistaBohmbastic said:

Jeez man. I don't know where to start. For me personally, this post loses all credibility when it makes the claim that Allen should be taken over Darnold (who apparently shouldn't even be considered!)! I would argue that Darnold is the safest pick in this draft when you consider skillset and durability. I'd argue that Rosen is closer to his ceiling currently, but he and Darnold's performances from their respective seasons were not far off (with Rosen having some edge this past year).

Mayfield does have room for growth, his college offense did not focus on outside throws as much as he would in a pro offense, but he's smarter than some make him out to be. He should be good. My concern with him is the previous concussions, and his size against an NFL linebacker. Rosen may have size, but his more recent concussions have to be worrisome as well.

I'd like to ask: is it the rocket arm that gives you the impression of Allen having the highest ceiling? Or are you seeing something we aren't? HES THE BIGGEST RISK IN DAMN DRAFT DUDE!!! Like...what?!?! Isn't April Fools over????

Look man, you're entitled to your opinion, but this is insanity.

You had me at "trade Gordon." Kinda eliminates the reality factor from this mock, no?

It’s quite simple really.  Allen has prototypical size, the rocket arm that you just mentioned, well above average mobility.  He has had no real coaching in college, he is very smart, and his off season performances indicate that he has already been working hard to improve that accuracy and showing signs of results.  In contrast, when asked about working in his screwy wind up, Darnold flat out said it’s not going to happen.  Also, Allen was playing with a urine poor offensive team around him in college.  Also, it’s very important to remember that a players ceiling is not where they are in draft day, it’s the player that they can become.  I will take the player with the most physical gifts, higher coachability, and smarts in regards to ceiling rather than a mr mediocre that is not coachable, and likely actually is at his ceiling on draft day.

6 hours ago, DizzyDean said:

It’s quite simple really.  Allen has prototypical size, the rocket arm that you just mentioned, well above average mobility.  He has had no real coaching in college, he is very smart, and his off season performances indicate that he has already been working hard to improve that accuracy and showing signs of results.  In contrast, when asked about working in his screwy wind up, Darnold flat out said it’s not going to happen.  Also, Allen was playing with a urine poor offensive team around him in college.  Also, it’s very important to remember that a players ceiling is not where they are in draft day, it’s the player that they can become.  I will take the player with the most physical gifts, higher coachability, and smarts in regards to ceiling rather than a mr mediocre that is not coachable, and likely actually is at his ceiling on draft day.

With QB's, they have this thing called intangibles. It's kinda important for success in the NFL. Allen can't read a defense. He can't, and there's nothing you can say to prove otherwise because I've watched enough of his tape to realize that he has no clue what opposing defenses are doing.

Darnold's windup is really not that detrimental. On the contrary, his footwork has had some effect on his consistency. But, guess what? He's been working on that all offseason, and much like you say you saw improvement from Allen in the offseason, I too have seen improvement...FROM DARNOLD! Yes, believe it, Darnold IS coachable! My goodness!! WHO KNEW?!?!?!

He is nowhere near his ceiling, dude. Come on. He's 20 years old.

Archived