The Often Overbearing, But Otherwise Ordinary Offensive Line

SemperFeist

I don’t think 10 is a guarantee, but would understand if they did. 

Reiff - Compton - Jones - Remmers - Hill

Isidora - interior backup

Collins - has kind of played everywhere

O’Neill - swing tackle

Elflein - working back from injury. 

———

there is likely only 7 active for the game. Who is the 10th that HAS to be kept? Edison? Isidora looked better than him in his first ever game as a center. Gossett? Wouldn’t be active anyway. 

1 hour ago, RpMc said:

I would personally hate that. I don’t know how the staff could watch film from the preseason and come to the determination Edison deserves a roster spot. 

I didn’t think Edison was that bad. He didn’t drive people off the ball, but he didn’t get blown up, either. But the reason I think he sticks is because he’s the only one who Cousins has taken snaps from. 

Plus, Edison is better than Compton, and I’d rather see Jones at guard. That way, when Elflein comes back, you’re only moving one piece, instead of two. 

On 2018-08-29 at 9:10 AM, Krauser said:

If one of the other backup OL can learn to play C (I would've liked to see Collins in that role), they can release Edison, keep 9 OL including Elflein or 8 with Elflein on PUP (or 9 with Elflein on PUP and Gossett on the roster as a redshirt), and get by with the 5 starters (Reiff-Compton-Jones-Remmers-Hill) and 2 backups (Isidora and Collins). 

And Edison was released. 

Jones or Isidora will start at C in week one, hopefully Jones. 

Elflein was activated. Hope he’s ready for week 2, want to face Clark and Daniels with Jones-Elflein-Remmers as the IOL.