The Often Overbearing, But Otherwise Ordinary Offensive Line

SemperFeist

53 minutes ago, viking said:

It's even stranger when the situation has happened in b2b seasons.

I would have thought half the league would be clambering to get an adequate starting lineman

Cody Whitehair 31 years old  started 11 games last year for the Bears, he signed with the Raiders 1 year deal worth $2.5 mil.

Laken Tomlinson 32 years old started 17 games last year for the Jets signed a 1 year $1.21 mil with the Seahawks.

Kevin Zeitler 34 years old started 15 games for Baltimore last year signed a 1 year $6 million deal with the Lions

John Simpson 26 years old started 17 games for the Ravens last year signed a 2 year $12 million ($6) per with the Jets

Jon Runyan 26 years old started 17 games for the Packers last year signed a 3 year deal worth $30 million ($10) per with the Giants

Dalton Risner 28 years old got 1 year $3 million last year for 11 starts and allowed zero sacks.  Younger than all these guys outside of Simpson and Runyan.  So basically he probably wants well over $3 million and the Vikings say no we want you for that amount or less than that amount?  I would say he is easily better than Jon Runyan was last year, and he gets $10 mil a year?  

Really sucky part is Ezra Cleveland got $8 mil a year for three years with the Jaguars and I would say Risner was better than him at the same position for the Vikings last year.  Freaking sucks for Risner!  Ezra Cleveland is only 25 so sure that has something to do with it but still, stinks Risner is not getting paid and most likely will have a low contract beause he has sat around so much.  Must have a major injury red flag on his bio or something....

• Like 2

I think people are significantly overrating what Risner was last year. Overall he wasn’t very good. 

I don’t know if I’d want Cleveland at the contract he signed with Jacksonville, but I’d certainly rather have Cleveland than Risner or Brandel. 

Hopefully they can find someone in the draft that can push to start as a rookie. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, SemperFeist said:

I think people are significantly overrating what Risner was last year. Overall he wasn’t very good. 

I don’t know if I’d want Cleveland at the contract he signed with Jacksonville, but I’d certainly rather have Cleveland than Risner or Brandel. 

Hopefully they can find someone in the draft that can push to start as a rookie. 

This 

• Like 1