The Often Overbearing, But Otherwise Ordinary Offensive Line

SemperFeist

19 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

how has Risner done in the two games he's played?

As advertised.  Good pass pro, not a ton of push in the run and a little bit of a plodder (struggles with quickness getting to the edge or up the alley as a puller and on screens).

• Like 2

2 hours ago, wcblack34 said:

Dalton Risner had better get resigned. The guy is a spark plug and adds some intensity to the line. A+ pickup. 

As for Risner, he was visibly delighted when he arrived in Minnesota and was happy to bide his time and wait for an opportunity. Once he got it, he showed he was exactly what the Vikings wanted in a player and a teammate. As well as playing well individually, you can see his presence on the field and the sideline. He can often be seen hurdling opponents to get upfield and help his teammates up or celebrate with them. He is already a vocal presence on the offense who can be seen encouraging his teammates. It’s the Dalton Risner effect.

https://vikingsterritory.com/2023/news/analysis/the-dalton-risner?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=facebook

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

Watch Darrisaw here. Not only does he seal the block for the Touchdown, but then he decides to toss the defender into North Dakota for fun afterwards.

He's the best LT I've ever seen. I'm saying that having watched Joe Thomas, Trent Williams and others too. Christian Darrisaw is that guy.

Hopefully, he'll be our Jonathan Ogden or Walter Jones (the best LT I've ever seen) and that we won't have to worry about that position again until the day he retires. 

• Like 3