The Often Overbearing, But Otherwise Ordinary Offensive Line

SemperFeist

8 minutes ago, PrplChilPill said:

Is it a coincidence the OL got worse when Risner came on board (or is that my imagination)? Or is it all the QBs just not knowing when to throw the ball?

I think it’s the QB thing. 

• Like 5

37 minutes ago, PrplChilPill said:

Is it a coincidence the OL got worse when Risner came on board (or is that my imagination)? Or is it all the QBs just not knowing when to throw the ball?

By far, it's the QB thing.  They've held onto the ball for far too long.  Cousins had his 2 best games of the year (vs. SF and GB) with Risner at LG. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, vikesfan89 said:

Is there any free agents that would be a improvement?

Jason Kelce 🤣

Seriously...it's probably hit or miss on any of the FAs...there's no one that really stands out. 

There's Connor Williams, but he's coming off a torn ACL...he'd probably be the premier FA.  But, they could also bet on a guy like Andre James (Raiders) or Aaron Brewer (Titans). 

Edited by swede700

I'm not seeing where Adam Patrick is coming up with "Minnesota can move on from Bradbury in 2024 without being left with any dead cap."

Seems like a QB issue, I've got no qualms with running it back in 2024 with the same starting 5; Darrisaw, Risner, Bradbury, Ingram, and O'Neill. Could probably look at a developmental OC/OG prospect at some point in the draft.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, VikeManDan said:

I'm not seeing where Adam Patrick is coming up with "Minnesota can move on from Bradbury in 2024 without being left with any dead cap."

Seems like a QB issue, I've got no qualms with running it back in 2024 with the same starting 5; Darrisaw, Risner, Bradbury, Ingram, and O'Neill. Could probably look at a developmental OC/OG prospect at some point in the draft.

I’ve got no issues with the same 5 and I agree, there’s a need for a mid round developmental Center to replace Bradbury. Short yardage running was an issue and that’s on Risner, Bradbury and Ingram on getting push. The consecutive failed tush pushes left a bad taste in my mouth on the attitude of the IOL, especially seeing Bradbury on his butt.

• Like 2

Would be nice to have a line that can get enough push for a yard.  The current group is not good in those short yardage situations.  Bradbury is a big part of that problem.  Still, the team needs to find someone better before they move on.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, VikeManDan said:

Same here; I'm pretty sure the 814k/year from his signing bonus would accelerate as dead cap if he were cut (3.2 million total).

1 hour ago, VikeManDan said:

There's an out on his deal as his contract doesn't guarantee until the 3rd day of the league year (2024 and 2025 were only guaranteed if he had gotten injured this year).  There's no dead cap if they cut him before then.  They could accelerate his signing bonus eating it this year. 

Edited by swede700
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...