The Often Overbearing, But Otherwise Ordinary Offensive Line

SemperFeist

2 minutes ago, vikingsrule said:

I know we’ve got control over Darrisaw, I guess I’m more of the stance in taking care of your elite building block level players for two reasons: usually you get a better deal if you do it right away and why not make your best players feel appreciated and not draw out negotiations. If Jefferson and Darrisaw are elite, treat them as such. Dont leave them questioning your commitment. 

That is fair and I would think the Vikings will treat them as such. Perhaps I'm still taking a page out of the Spielman regime about not extending players with 2-years left on their current deals. It'll be interesting to see if KAM follows suit.

At the end of the day Darrisaw needs to be locked up, thankfully he is a no-brainer extension.

For a 6th.

That's actually what I expected.  I thought it was fairly optimistic to expect a Day 2 pick for a guy who hasn't performed like an above-average guard.  He's average at best.  And average in an era where average isn't that good. 

Edited by swede700

Just now, SemperFeist said:

Can’t say I’m thrilled about this move. 

Losing depth for only a 6th isn’t a move I would have made. 

Agreed, unless they plan on being big spenders in the off-season, they could have likely gotten more for just letting him walk at the end of the year.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, RpMc said:

Agreed, unless they plan on being big spenders in the off-season, they could have likely gotten more for just letting him walk at the end of the year.

The OTC guy on Twitter said Ezra may not even have generated a comp pick by walking. 

1 minute ago, The Gnat said:

He's a low level starting OG, or that's what he's developed into. I'm not too shocked with the value of the trade, plus he's a free agent after this year. So I doubt that the Jags will have an extension in place for him.

As of October 10th, he was rated 11th best G by PFF. I don't think he was that good, but "low level" is not how I would describe him.