Off-Topic: The Washington Wizards Thread

turtle28

On 6/3/2021 at 11:41 AM, MikeT14 said:

Maybe. I guess they need to decide early what to do with Beal and go from there. 

His D is bad enough at center. I can't imagine him at PF.

Well Bryant’s D is bad at center because he gets overpowered right? At least that’s what I always see. At PF he wouldn’t get overpowered but, the issue we’d have then is his foot speed isn’t fast enough to where he can guard stretch 4s on the perimeter, which basically everyone has now.

Edited by turtle28

Wizards Instagram & Twitter says they don’t want DeRozan bc he’s only a 30% 3-point shooter. I want him, he’d be the athletic SF we need and although he only shot the 3 at 26%, he has shot it at over 30% before when he was in Toronto and had other scorers around him. He can also guard opposing teams #1 scorer 1-4, he rebounds it well and averaged 7 assists last year.

Runs the Denver defense? Yes... Yes... YES!

Will Ferrell Reaction GIF

Either him or Sam Cassell are my 1a & 1b for the Wizards next HC, but I’ve heard rumblings that Ted/Shepherd are considering re-signing Brooks, probably bc Beal & Westbrook want him back. 🤦‍♂️ 

It would be awesome to bring Wes Unseld, Jr. back to The District and make him the HC! Would be really, really cool! 😎 

Edited by turtle28

I’m not sure what the Wizards can do to creatively improve this roster. I guess they could trade Rui but I don’t know if I’d do that bc regardless of what we’d get back for him in another forward for him & some other players I don’t know if that’s enough to make us a contender  & I’d rather have the long term development/potential of Rui rather than get add a veteran who’s around or over 30 for a short term try that likely won’t make us a Finals contender still.

Edited by turtle28

Here’s an interesting thought for a Beal trade. What about trading Beal to the Bucks for Middleton, multiple first round picks - 2 or 3 - Divincenzo, Connaughton & Justin Jackson?

The Bucks seem stuck to me because they have an amazing athletic bigman that does everything at an elite level but shoot 3s & their 2nd best player is a SF who’s a sharp shooter but isn’t an elite athlete.

I think the Bucks need to make a move if they want any hopes of getting past the Nets or Sixers & even Beal w/ Gianis & Holliday may not be enough but I think that’s an interesting idea for both sides.

Edited by turtle28

Ted Leonsis has a really bad habit of firing people and replacing them with their best friends. Do not pursue Derozan. Sell off what you have and start the build the right way. Get a butt load of picks and young players and hope it pans out. There’s literally no other way unless some star decides he wants to play with Beal. Like a real star. Steph Curry or something crazy like that otherwise blow it up. 

9 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

Ted Leonsis has a really bad habit of firing people and replacing them with their best friends. Do not pursue Derozan. Sell off what you have and start the build the right way. Get a butt load of picks and young players and hope it pans out. There’s literally no other way unless some star decides he wants to play with Beal. Like a real star. Steph Curry or something crazy like that otherwise blow it up. 

Such as...

3 hours ago, lavar703 said:

You’re kidding me right? He did this with both GMs currently in charge of the Caps and Wizards.

Yeah but he waits too long just as you said before. I think Mayo is saying the Wizards need to blow it all up like you said before.

1 hour ago, turtle28 said:

Yeah but he waits too long just as you said before. I think Mayo is saying the Wizards need to blow it all up like you said before.

I mean, I believe they do. They wasted years and years of bad drafting with Ernie and appear to be doing the same thing with Sheppard. Deni Avdeji is a top 10 pick who looks like he doesn’t know how to play basketball. I think he nailed it with Rui but after the Avdeji pick I have no trust in him. 

12 hours ago, lavar703 said:

I mean, I believe they do. They wasted years and years of bad drafting with Ernie and appear to be doing the same thing with Sheppard. Deni Avdeji is a top 10 pick who looks like he doesn’t know how to play basketball. I think he nailed it with Rui but after the Avdeji pick I have no trust in him. 

It’s impossible to tell with Deni Avdija. For 1, most scouts had Deni projected to go top 5, he actually fell to us in the draft. Two, I’ve said this before he’s coming to the USA in the middle of COVID as a rookie, didn’t have a summer league or those practices, didn’t have a real preseason or a real training camp and again, he’s just a rookie.

Deni has the tools to be a good player, hae has good size for a SF, he gives high effort on both sides of the floor, he has good form on his jump shot, he has good handles as well for a guy his size - he could play point forward if they wanted him/needed him to. A lot of experts say that Scott Brooks used him wrong trying to make him a 3-pt spot up shooter, he did the same thing with Rui & with Troy Brown too. 

Brooks needs to go. I hope they don’t retain him, and then we can see how Deni can improve under a better HC/better coaching before we go jumping to conclusions about Deni after a season where he didn’t have a true offseason and didn’t have a real season with a lot practices too bc of COVID.

Edited by turtle28
  • Like 1