Off-Topic: The Washington Wizards Thread

turtle28

The Wizards can “mediocre” anything up. They were on a nice roll of losing, getting themselves into legitimate range of having a shot at Wembanyama or Scoot, and then they go and screw all that up by pulling off a few wins in a row. 

For me, the big question for now is what can they get for Kuzma? Don’t see him re-signing, and they may as well try to turn him into something of value moving forward. Perhaps some peripheral contending team would be interested — particularly one on the West Coast that has a chance at keeping him.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, e16bball said:

The Wizards can “mediocre” anything up. They were on a nice roll of losing, getting themselves into legitimate range of having a shot at Wembanyama or Scoot, and then they go and screw all that up by pulling off a few wins in a row. 

For me, the big question for now is what can they get for Kuzma? Don’t see him re-signing, and they may as well try to turn him into something of value moving forward. Perhaps some peripheral contending team would be interested — particularly one on the West Coast that has a chance at keeping him.

All they did was get healthy with Rui, Beal & Wright returning. They were always a mediocre to slightly above team when healthy.

They need to trade Kuz & focus on re-signing KP & Rui. I like the idea of trading Kuz to Sac, Phx, Portland or Utah though I’m not sure he’d want to go to the latter. Definitely young players we can grab & develop on those teams & maybe a starting PG.

Beal has now missed 15 games this year. 4 separate stretches of missed games (one was just 1 game).

The team is 7-8 without him, including winning their past 3. 6 of these losses were in the middle of the Wiz going 1-11. 

Remember when the Wiz went through the same thing (winning more) without Wall? 

The one thing I'll give Beal is he is self-aware enough to cut down on the 3s as he hasn't been a good 3 pt shooter in some time. His attempts have decreased the last 3 years and his eFG% is the best it's ever been. John Wall, his last few years as a starter, just kept shooting 3s... and he was even worse than Beal.

Edited by Skinsin2013

7 hours ago, Skinsin2013 said:

Beal has now missed 15 games this year. 4 separate stretches of missed games (one was just 1 game).

The team is 7-8 without him, including winning their past 3. 6 of these losses were in the middle of the Wiz going 1-11. 

Remember when the Wiz went through the same thing (winning more) without Wall? 

The one thing I'll give Beal is he is self-aware enough to cut down on the 3s as he hasn't been a good 3 pt shooter in some time. His attempts have decreased the last 3 years and his eFG% is the best it's ever been. John Wall, his last few years as a starter, just kept shooting 3s... and he was even worse than Beal.

Wall never shot as many 3’s as Beal. Why do you keep bringing up Wall? He’s been gone for 3 years. Move on!

Beal’s main problem seems to be that he’s not really a born vocal leader. I don’t think he’s capable of being a #1 player on any team that’s successful playoff team but Ted chose to build the team around him. Thus, we’ll likely never win a playoff series as long as Beal is our #1 option.

Edited by turtle28

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Skinsin2013 said:

Now the Clips are trying to trade that bum. Overpaid. Underproduced. Underprepared. Not a pro. But, hey, he was good in the community. 🙄

Wiz trying to trade Rui and he drops a goose egg last night. 😂

What an abomination this team is.

Why do you hate John Wall so much? lol

• Like 1