Bears sign Bennie Fowler- 1 year deal

beardown3231

3 hours ago, Heinz D. said:

That's the root of the White problem, right there. GMs who can't admit mistakes often find themselves not being GMs anymore... 

He's a first round pick on a rookie deal, his upside outweighs many of the players who might be kept over him

2 minutes ago, chisoxguy7 said:

He's a first round pick on a rookie deal, his upside outweighs many of the players who might be kept over him

That's provided someone thinks he actually has an upside. I don't, and I'll be absolutely stunned if I'm proven wrong. Pace gambling that there is some upside there isn't a very prudent thing for a GM to do, either. 

18 minutes ago, Heinz D. said:

That's provided someone thinks he actually has an upside. I don't, and I'll be absolutely stunned if I'm proven wrong. Pace gambling that there is some upside there isn't a very prudent thing for a GM to do, either. 

Pace isnt gambling at all.  Its guaranteed money already spent.  There is no reason to cut him whatsoever.  And if White gives you something its found money.

5 hours ago, JustAnotherFan said:

I'm not a big fan of Bellamy but Fowler does not make him expendable at all. If anything, it would be the other way around beings that he's much more versatile on ST's than Fowler is. He has experience as both a gunner and a returner - something that Fowler does not offer. The Broncos not resigning him after playing 227 snaps on ST's with no viable replacement shows just how very little they valued him. 

They're both 27 and 29, respectively, so the age argument is only splitting hairs at this point and has no real relevant bearing whatsoever. 

Fowler is a garbage WR still living off of his days with Peyton Manning at QB......4 years ago. The ONLY thing that Fowler has shown to have over Bellamy is better hands but that's not saying much.

The bolded shows that you don't really know much, 4 years ago Fowler was on the Denver practice squad so he wasn't really doing much of anything with Manning that season. The following season was Manning last season and was actually Fowlers worst season to date.

1 hour ago, blkwdw13 said:

The bolded shows that you don't really know much, 4 years ago Fowler was on the Denver practice squad so he wasn't really doing much of anything with Manning that season. The following season was Manning last season and was actually Fowlers worst season to date.

3 years, 4 years....same difference, same point. 

The following season was Manning last season and was actually Fowlers worst season to date.

The Pitt game says hi.

3 hours ago, chisoxguy7 said:

He was a first round pick 3 years ago and 3 major injuries ago. What he is now is anyone guess,

Hoge and Jahns were talking about how he was one of the worst WRs in camp last season.

43 minutes ago, blkwdw13 said:

Ok Fowler has 2 catches on 5 targets for 35 yards against Pitt all with Manning. Yep he was great against them, but thanks for proving my point.

Box score scouting at it's best. 

His 3rd and long catch against Pitt's defense to keep them from going 3 and out and allowed them to run a 6 minute drive in a close game was HUGE. It was and still is the highlight of his career and is ultimately the reason he kept his position for as long as he did.  

Just because you don't pay attention, doesn't mean noone else does. Speaking of not knowing what you're talking about....  

edit; Here. I even found it for you. 

1 hour ago, JustAnotherFan said:

Box score scouting at it's best. 

His 3rd and long catch against Pitt's defense to keep them from going 3 and out and allowed them to run a 6 minute drive in a close game was HUGE. It was and still is the highlight of his career and is ultimately the reason he kept his position for as long as he did.  

Just because you don't pay attention, doesn't mean noone else does. Speaking of not knowing what you're talking about....  

edit; Here. I even found it for you. 

Lol ok all I said was that was statistically his worst year, which it was. But go ahead continue with the hate. 

16 minutes ago, blkwdw13 said:

Lol ok all I said was that was statistically his worst year, which it was. But go ahead continue with the hate. 

Well,you didn't say it was "statistically his worst year", you said it was his worst - but I digress. 

Nonetheless, even if it was his worst year statistically, which I disagree with as well when you really break it down, that sort of thing is to be expected from 1st year WR's. Normally, even good to great WR's never hit their peak until atleast year 2 and so ofcourse they will look worse statistically. 

6 hours ago, JustAnotherFan said:

Well,you didn't say it was "statistically his worst year", you said it was his worst - but I digress. 

Nonetheless, even if it was his worst year statistically, which I disagree with as well when you really break it down, that sort of thing is to be expected from 1st year WR's. Normally, even good to great WR's never hit their peak until atleast year 2 and so ofcourse they will look worse statistically. 

Good to know that one catch makes it a good year. And it’s good to know that when you have the least amount of yards, yards per catch, and touch downs in one year it’s not your worst or statistically worst year. 

19 hours ago, Superman(DH23) said:

Pace isnt gambling at all.  Its guaranteed money already spent.  There is no reason to cut him whatsoever.  And if White gives you something its found money.

Maybe to get a different WR schooled up in the Bears' offense? One that won't, you know, break a bone once he gets tackled? 

24 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

4 pages in a Bennie Fowler thread, 20 in a Cam Meredith thread. Can't September get here already?

Nah April 26 has to get here first.  3rd best day of the year behind only Christmas and the Super Bowl.

2 hours ago, Heinz D. said:

Maybe to get a different WR schooled up in the Bears' offense? One that won't, you know, break a bone once he gets tackled? 

You get 90 roster spots, the bears have like 60 some under contract.  Kevin White isnt holding anybody up.  And again his money is guaranteed so hes getting paid either on the roster or not. You see what hes doing in tc and if he is getting the offense and you dont worry about whether or not to cut him until you have to make that decision.  That time is 4 months away.

Archived