So Many Picks.....What Positions ??

cannondale

With a possible 12 picks and a variety of positions needing help what do you think we come away with ?

Yes, I know there are million different things that could factor in, but play along anyway. Really interested to see what everyone thinks. To make it less complicated, let's stick to drafted players. If you want to note a few UFA separately that would be fine. No particular order is necessary. Here's a chance to do a lazy man's mock. If you insist we will trade away some picks, you can show less drafted players ... or more

WR - 2

TE - 1

OL - 2

DL - 1

ILB - 1

Edge - 2

CB - 2

S - 1

Notable UFA - QB, LS, RB

5 minutes ago, cannondale said:

With a possible 12 picks and a variety of positions needing help what do you think we come away with ?

Yes, I know there are million different things that could factor in, but play along anyway. Really interested to see what everyone thinks. To make it less complicated, let's stick to 12 choices and if you want to note a few UFA separately that would be fine. No particular order is necessary. Here's a chance to do a lazy man's mock.

WR - 2

TE - 1

OL - 2

DL - 1

ILB - 1

Edge - 2

CB - 2

S - 1

Notable UFA - QB, LS, RB

I came up with exactly the same. You've got to throw picks at Edge, CB, OL, and WR.

If we trade away a pick I think the board determines if we pass on S, ILB, or DL

4 minutes ago, blueswedeshoes said:

I came up with exactly the same. You've got to throw picks at Edge, CB, OL, and WR.

If we trade away a pick I think the board determines if we pass on S, ILB, or DL

Totally agree on the board assessment

Depending on how the draft develops, it seems likely the Packers could well look to double-dip in the first round. With 12 picks, it would seem they have the ammo do so. But, as always, the right guy has to be there, and another team has to be willing to move back so the Packers can move up. Its all very fluid, but once the draft begins, all bets are off. The only thing that is sure is that something really weird will happen early on. Like Cleveland not drafting a QB at #1. Or, and this could well happen, no QBs taken with the first three picks. And then again, Buffalo is desperate to move up. So, stay tuned, because its going to be a bumpy ride! 

How do you win football games? Score more points.

The Packers have 12 picks.  How many men are on the field at once? 11.  They will select one of each of the starting offensive positions and one extra WR.  They then will employ a strategy seen in hockey called the "line change." Substitute the entire offensive team for 11 new guys.  Just when the defense may have figured out this strategy, BAM! 3 WR play, we no longer have a FB on the field.  Minds will be blown, records will be set, Lombardis will be won.  All thanks to the 12 man all offense draft.

1 hour ago, ricky said:

Depending on how the draft develops, it seems likely the Packers could well look to double-dip in the first round. With 12 picks, it would seem they have the ammo do so. But, as always, the right guy has to be there, and another team has to be willing to move back so the Packers can move up.

I liked the idea of dealing with Tampa Bay to get ahead of the Bears in round 2. Its the only way to move up meaningfully, I think, without having to give up our third pick.

And TB could use extra picks. 

QB - 0 (We have enough youth at this position)
RB - 1 (I'd like a late round pick to push for RB3)
WR - 2 (One in Day 2, one late Day 3ish)
TE - 1 (One Late Day 2 or Early Day 3)
OL - 2 (Early Day 3ish)
DL - 1 (Late Day 3ish)
ILB - 1 (Early-to-Mid Day 3)
EDGE - 2 (One Day 1 or Early Day 2, One Early Day 3)
CB - 2  (One Day 1 or Early Day 2, One Early Day 3)
S - 1 (Day 2)

22 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Tell me more.

Williams, Jones, Monty. Monty would seem to be RB3 and he has KR/PR capabilities, so that fits. But no late round pick is gonna push him for a roster spot. I can see grabbing a 230lb bruiser to compete with Mays, that makes more sense, but that's RB4.

34 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

QB - 0 (We have enough youth at this position)
WR - 2 (One in Day 2, one late Day 3ish)
TE - 1 (One Late Day 2 or Early Day 3)
OL - 2 (Early Day 3ish)
DL - 1 (Late Day 3ish)
ILB - 1 (Early-to-Mid Day 3)
EDGE - 2 (One Day 1 or Early Day 2, One Early Day 3)
CB - 2  (One Day 1 or Early Day 2, One Early Day 3)
S - 1 (Day 2)

I’d skip the RB and consider a FA there. Draft another TE

14 minutes ago, Shanedorf said:

Tell me more.

Williams, Jones, Monty. Monty would seem to be RB3 and he has KR/PR capabilities, so that fits. But no late round pick is gonna push him for a roster spot. I can see grabbing a 230lb bruiser to compete with Mays, that makes more sense, but that's RB4.

I think there's a very real possibility that they view Montgomery as a RB/WR hybrid, and could be counted as a WR for all intentions and purposes.

4 minutes ago, MantyWrestler said:

I’d skip the RB and consider a FA there. Draft another TE

No thanks.  I prefer fresh legs at RB.  Most veteran backs who are quality are gone, and the ones who are interested in coming probably aren't a real upgrade over what we've already got.

Archived