DT's that get after the QB (Previously Hogg Mollies Debate)

Bernie's Curls

Favorite Fatty  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Based on estimated Pick Value versus Prospect Value, who's your guy?

• Maurice Hurst
    • Taven Bryan
    • Nathan Shepherd
    • Tim Settle

8 minutes ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

Easy mover

That is insane. I watched his 2 youtube games earlier after his name came up on this thread. I'd say he's got rare abilities in spades. With his rare tools and how there are 5-8 guys every single year that are shocker 1st and 2nd round picks I don't know that he has a chance of making it to round 4.

20 minutes ago, TheeRealDeal said:

That is insane. I watched his 2 youtube games earlier after his name came up on this thread. I'd say he's got rare abilities in spades. With his rare tools and how there are 5-8 guys every single year that are shocker 1st and 2nd round picks I don't know that he has a chance of making it to round 4.

I was just getting ready to say that, guys come out of nowhere every year.

Holy hell that was nuts though for a guy his size. 

3 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

That he does.  He finds those dudes in Pop Warner games. ? 

Thank you to @Aztec Hammer and @LETSGOBROWNIES......I do my best......I am just a football Junkie....one of those dudes that will be in the house watching nationally televised HS games....and I watch football on all levels.....almost as if I'm getting a check LOL. That's why I been pimping Ed Oliver for 3 years now, Chiristin Wilkins from Clemson for 2 and the Pair from Auburn Derrick Brown, Marlon Davidson for 2 years already (even though they got another youngster down there that will be a top 10 pick one day.....remember this name "Big Cat" Bryant.....TRUST ME...I heard about this kid when he was a JR in HS)......

Lot of hype of Nathan Shephard.....he will be a 3rd day pick.....nobody is going to take this kid until round 4. He could be a good one though...

The DT I been pimping the most since I found him a couple of months ago, has been PJ Hall, he's been in my last 3 Mock's.... PJ Hall is Baby Arron Donald.....I am convinced.

I also found a kid named Jay-Tee Tiuli from Eastern Washington......not really a pass rusher....reminds me of a smaller Danny Shelton a bit...

Another kid I thought I had mentioned before....I went to the Small School Ranks with the lack of offensive lineman in this draft.....a kid I mocked but to us is Brandon Parker...but he's not such a secret......another a kid to keep an eye on draft weekend OG Victor Tamba Jr. a Kid from Bowie State (small HBCU located in Bowie MD, down the street from the crib)....I was over there with some of my frat Brothers when I saw this kid at a practice....I remember asking WHO I THE HELL IS THAT!!!! he looked like a D1 LT....

And just mentioning some kids to keep an eye on next year as I randomly do......I've been talking about Hunter Henry's little Brother since I saw him play as a Soph or Jr....that kid has GOTTA be going to college this year....or maybe he's a Sr. in HS? But this kid is the next great cant miss TE who will be turning pro in about 2-3 years from now....

He was a Freshman last year...D'andre Swift, saw him play as a Sr. at St. Josephs in Jersey......yall know I started my lovefest with sony michelle before the start of last season....but I thought to myself....Michelle and Chubb might get benched.....he was the best RB on UGA's the roster the day he set foot on the field......

And a prospect that I lost touch with....I jotted him down in my notes and now cant find the notes.....he's from one of those small schools out in the west/midwest, like a Wyoming or a Montana...he was a freshman this year, his name is J.P. Something, or PJ Something........he's a 230lb RB that can MOVE....he will lead the nation in rushing one year (or finish top 3)....if anyone know's who I'm talking about....shoot me a PM.

See I watched the entirety of the 2017 PJ Hall vs. ND State game and wasn't impressed (see below). Maybe it was because ND State basically power-footballed the whole game, but I didn't see him make a memorable impact in the whole game, and he was mostly single-blocked, even in pass-pro. Is there a game where I can better see these consistent impact plays?

Vita Vea is the best DT in the class and is more than just a plugger. He's a significantly better Danny Shelton and I think he's a top 5 player in the draft. If we trade down with Buffalo and have pick #12, I'd think about taking him depending on the board.

If we wait until the 2nd round to get our DT, I want RJ McIntosh from Miami. He's a very good 3-Technique prospect. Has an elite swim move and offers just as much in the run game as he does in the pass game. Supremely underrated and would be a great fit for our scheme. I think he's a better pass rusher than all 4 of the names the OP listed except for Bryan, but he's significantly better than Taven when it comes to gap control and being stout against the run.

If I have to pick from the guys on that list, give me Nathan Shepard later on in the draft. I am not enamored with any of the guys on your list to be honest. I think Shepard is the best one listed though.

I really like the value of adding a penetrating DT this draft vs. spending the #4 on Chubb.

And the penetrating DT I like best is Bryan... the kid has a shot at being very special.

My 2nd choice was not in the poll, but was mentioned in a earlier reply... BJ Hill... but he has really climbed up the boards.

My new, Day 3 guy is Delaware's Bilal Nichols.

Pj Hall does remind me of larryo. Not too much on him slashing but no doubt he could do it. The 16 video he looked like dupree at de. 

I also like hurst and mcintosh in a slash role. 

Bryan could be special which is why id choose him over any.

3 minutes ago, Aztec Hammer said:

Bryan’s going to go higher than anticipated I reckon. Some team is going to fall in love.

I think this is very likely. His hype plays are fantastic, and somebody is gonna convince themselves (right or wrong) that they can get that player consistently.

Personally, gimme Maurice Hurst. Undersized, not an elite athlete, and because of those he probably doesn't go until 20ish, but the guys is a monster. Someone you have to gameplan for in the interior every game. I really love the value if we could get him late teens/early twenties.

1 minute ago, freakygeniuskid said:

I think this is very likely. His hype plays are fantastic, and somebody is gonna convince themselves (right or wrong) that they can get that player consistently.

Personally, gimme Maurice Hurst. Undersized, not an elite athlete, and because of those he probably doesn't go until 20ish, but the guys is a monster. Someone you have to gameplan for in the interior every game. I really love the value if we could get him late teens/early twenties.

Spot on regarding Bryan. He’s wild and raw, but the hype plays like you say are fantastic. There’s a touch of JJ Watt to the slashing power and explosion through two linemen move that he does. I’m a huge fan and have him rated in my top ten players, which I know is extremely high considering his rawness but I think his potential is huge.

I haven’t seen a lot of Hurst but I’ve read posts from you and others on him and he sounds like a great prospect. And being Michigan, I wouldn’t have expected him to get as much love on here but he still does! All for drafting him just solely based on the rep he gets on this board.

Archived