RUMOR: DARNOLD FOLLOWED STANTON ON INSTA

mistakey

8 hours ago, Kiwibrown said:

He regressed cos he lost a lt that got drafted and the best young wr in smith schuster. Along with other players. Usc isn't loaded atm. Also regression is an over statement, he played worse with worse talent. Also he has little experience as a qb so he is growing into it.

Ricardo Louis just because some has tools it doesn't mean that they can play. Or they will develop Into one. 

Allen has tools there isn't an indicator he will develop. 

Well that certainly is lame.  Big time college teams lose guys every year to the nfl.  Other guys step up and the great ones generally do not regress.

8 hours ago, Rod Johnson said:

In theory you're right, but there's a lot of examples of guys with great arm strength that sat forever and didn't pan out.  There's so much more to playing QB than having a rifle attached to your arm.  I'm not buying into that kind of marginal success in a terrible conference ever becoming anything.  But hey, if there is this much seemingly absurd traction behind Josh Allen going #1 overall perhaps you are onto something that none of us plebs understand.  He screams bust to me though.

Yes, there is so much more.  There is the mental aspect, there are other physical aspects such as mobility and escapability.  There is coachability. It’s very telling that one of the two prospects has owned their flaws and been working on correcting them and already showing improvement, while the other point blank stated no I will not be working to make any corrections.

43 minutes ago, bosko1616 said:

Exactly my point. I think Darnold can be we’re baker is now in two years and by year 3 he’ll be in that top 10 company. 

by that logic wont mayfield be in like top 5 company then?

5 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

This logic only applies if everyone continues to progress at the same rate and has the same physical skills.

isnt the majority of the transition going to be mental?  new playbook/video consumption/decision making/offense mastery?

seems like the guy with the photographic memory is the one i want there...

2 minutes ago, mistakey said:

isnt the majority of the transition going to be mental?  new playbook/video consumption/decision making/offense mastery?

He's also the guy who told the Chargers that he wasn't interested/didn't take their playbook exercise seriously in the interview portion. It brings his work ethic and commitment into question. I don't want that guy leading my franchise, but that's just me, regardless of memory.

1 minute ago, MWil23 said:

He's also the guy who told the Chargers that he wasn't interested/didn't take their playbook exercise seriously in the interview portion. It brings his work ethic and commitment into question. I don't want that guy leading my franchise, but that's just me, regardless of memory.

the chargers are drafting 17
he's not making it out of the top 5.  i woudlnt have spent that much time on the chargers either if i were him.  at least the dude was honest.

6 minutes ago, mistakey said:

Partly sure, but so does arm talent, mobility, etc.

If smarts is all that’s needed Fitzpatrick would be the GOAT.

2 minutes ago, mistakey said:

he's not making it out of the top 5.  i woudlnt have spent that much time on the chargers either if i were him.  at least the dude was honest.

Agreed, I don’t know how many teams hoops I’d jump through either.

Just now, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Partly sure, but so does arm talent, mobility, etc.

If smarts is all that’s needed Fitzpatrick would be the GOAT.

fitzpatrick wasnt so accurate.  still ended up throwing 173 NFL TD passes.  still was the #3 best QB in the 2005 NFL draft.

3 minutes ago, mistakey said:

I guess I'm just old school/old fashioned in that I'd treat every interview seriously. Even if I wasn't interested in that employer, he may know a guy, and he'd spread the word about me if I was a good candidate.

If we pick a guy that flames out, so be it, but if it's because he's another party boy who doesn't take the grind seriously, then I'm not interested, not to mention other hesitations about his game that I don't like.

Just now, MWil23 said:

I guess I'm just old school/old fashioned in that I'd treat every interview seriously. Even if I wasn't interested in that employer, he may know a guy, and he'd spread the word about me if I was a good candidate.

If we pick a guy that flames out, so be it, but if it's because he's another party boy who doesn't take the grind seriously, then I'm not interested, not to mention other hesitations about his game that I don't like.

only got so much time and if you really want to knock the top 5 out id have spent much more time on cleveland, nyg, nyj, den, az, buf.
I did the same when  iwas applying for jobs/schools.
i cant knock him for that.

15 minutes ago, mistakey said:

I’d take the best qb. To me that’s Darnold. 

6 minutes ago, mistakey said:

only got so much time and if you really want to knock the top 5 out id have spent much more time on cleveland, nyg, nyj, den, az, buf.
I did the same when  iwas applying for jobs/schools.
i cant knock him for that.

That's fair in all honesty.

That said, if we draft him and he flames out because of the above questionable habits, I'll point back to it.

Archived