RUMOR: DARNOLD FOLLOWED STANTON ON INSTA

mistakey

9 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

Ricardo Louis is an exceptional athlete tha can’t play football. That is what Josh Allen is at qb. He doesn’t have it. 

Darnold has a strong arm, the weak arm stuff is fluff. His decision making is much better than Allen’s. I have seen him read the field and throw over double coverage for a Ed on his 3-4 the read and he threw on a reaction. 

Allen on the other hand locks onto a target. And rockets th ball at them. You can’t do it I. The nfl. 

Darnold was amazing at his prod at in the rain, Allen average indoors . One throws far one throws on target.

Anothr player who didn’t change his motion is Phillip Rivers, he has been a top 5 qb most of his career.

Darnold REGRESSED in college at USC, a major program with big time coaching.  Why do you think that is?  I will let you know, he was getting figured out. The very best thing he could do was to come out right now.  Another year in college on the current trajectory and he would likely be a mid round draft.

regarding Ricardo Louis, you lost me.  No earthly clue what you are talking about.  He is a wr, not a qb.  He is an athelete with questionable hands and wr technique.  That literally has nothing to do with the discussion at hand.

36 minutes ago, DizzyDean said:

Darnold REGRESSED in college at USC, a major program with big time coaching.  Why do you think that is?  I will let you know, he was getting figured out. The very best thing he could do was to come out right now.  Another year in college on the current trajectory and he would likely be a mid round draft.

regarding Ricardo Louis, you lost me.  No earthly clue what you are talking about.  He is a wr, not a qb.  He is an athelete with questionable hands and wr technique.  That literally has nothing to do with the discussion at hand.

He regressed cos he lost a lt that got drafted and the best young wr in smith schuster. Along with other players. Usc isn't loaded atm. Also regression is an over statement, he played worse with worse talent. Also he has little experience as a qb so he is growing into it.

Ricardo Louis just because some has tools it doesn't mean that they can play. Or they will develop Into one. 

Allen has tools there isn't an indicator he will develop. 

3 hours ago, DizzyDean said:

If you need to start the pick right away then you avoid Allen at all costs.  If you have a pretty good established starter (such as, oh, I don’t know, Tyrod Taylor!), and want to draft a project with unlimited upside to sit and learn similarly to how Aaron Rodgers sat in Green Bay when our GM worked for that team, then you would be hard pressed to find a better candidate than Josh Allen for that roll.

In theory you're right, but there's a lot of examples of guys with great arm strength that sat forever and didn't pan out.  There's so much more to playing QB than having a rifle attached to your arm.  I'm not buying into that kind of marginal success in a terrible conference ever becoming anything.  But hey, if there is this much seemingly absurd traction behind Josh Allen going #1 overall perhaps you are onto something that none of us plebs understand.  He screams bust to me though.

3 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

Baker at least was a good college QB. Allen wasnt.

I'm higher on Baker than I am Allen but I'm higher on Darnold than Baker.  It goes Darnold, Baker, Rosen, Allen, Jackson for me.  But the difference is not big between Rosen/Allen, maybe close to the same, and the difference between all of them is not that big except Jackson maybe a tier behind.  I think Allen has the highest bust potential.  I think Baker has the highest ceiling because I just can't really even see Allen turning himself into much more than Flacco.  Darnold the safest.

I mean the fact that it could be Darnold/Allen and maybe even Baker up to less than a week before draft day is pretty mind boggling.  The most confusing draft class for QB I can ever remember.

33 minutes ago, Rod Johnson said:

you are onto something that none of us plebs understand

This.

24 minutes ago, Rod Johnson said:

I don't think QB intelligence is that easily quantifiable and his intelligence won't fix his accuracy issues.

Oh remember when Peter King had a friend of Dorsey telling him it’ll be Allen?  Then he said don’t believe anything coming out of Berea? Well he said this week his source within the organization is telling him it’s Darnold. ?

Do these people think we can’t remember what they’ve written?  

Edit: what’s funny is there are tons of people that believe all this crap!

All of them have a worry or two but have what it takes to be good starters. We don't have to hit a homerun to compete every week. Tyrod is here also to get the team on the same page.

You look at the offense, all guys who belong with potential stars in Gordon/Njoku.

Defense is filled with potential that's already begun to sprout. Corners who have been through ups and downs but have shown resiliency. We might very well be adding a very talented player at 4 or in a trade down.

Coaching jury is out on Hue. Haley and Gregg are good though.

5 hours ago, Rod Johnson said:

I'm higher on Baker than I am Allen but I'm higher on Darnold than Baker.  It goes Darnold, Baker, Rosen, Allen, Jackson for me.  But the difference is not big between Rosen/Allen, maybe close to the same, and the difference between all of them is not that big except Jackson maybe a tier behind.  I think Allen has the highest bust potential.  I think Baker has the highest ceiling because I just can't really even see Allen turning himself into much more than Flacco.  Darnold the safest.

I mean the fact that it could be Darnold/Allen and maybe even Baker up to less than a week before draft day is pretty mind boggling.  The most confusing draft class for QB I can ever remember.

That's what I'm saying I agree. I just don't think somebody goes from being a wildly inaccurate QB at every level he's ever played at and then he magically learns how to become efficient after sitting for a year with Drew Stanton lol

I think your Joe Flacco ceiling comp is right on. 

I just like what I see from Darnold way to much to even entertain the project that is Josh Allen

1 hour ago, Bonanza23 said:

Thanks guys I had to skip that whole crap convo!  I’m guessing I missed nothing? ?

Same old same old lol I'll sum it up.

I like Josh Allen - I hate Josh Allen

I think he has potential to be great - I think he couldn't hit water if he fell out a boat

But he's smart - But wonderlic scores have proven to mean nothing.

There, saved ya 2 pages of clicks haha

7 hours ago, DizzyDean said:

Deshaun Watson regressed at Clemson though. Hence why he went from being the consensus #1 QB to falling out of the top 5 in the draft.

Darnold was the consensus #1 QB coming into this past season, let's learn from history.

7 hours ago, DizzyDean said:

Big time coaching? USCs coaching staff is garbage!!! 

QB Coach was in his first year this year in the positions. 

Run game and pass protection coordinator was in his first year in the position

Tee Martin isn’t a great OC. Dude lead Tenn to a national championship and still couldn’t get the HC position there, when Tenn was dying to hire a coach. 

UCLA and Oklahoma have the superior coaching staffs if we are comparing the top QBs. 

Also this was the same staff that didn’t want Darnold to be the starter two years ago, where they had to bench the guy they thought was better cause he sucked and then watched Darnold light it up. 

Another year under that coaching staff would of destroyed him. Thank god we have zamp to rescue him

1 hour ago, Aztec Hammer said:

The dude is 20 years old.

He isn’t even scratching the surface of his physical and mental potential.

Exactly my point. I think Darnold can be we’re baker is now in two years and by year 3 he’ll be in that top 10 company. 

Archived