RUMOR: DARNOLD FOLLOWED STANTON ON INSTA

mistakey

8 minutes ago, Aztec Hammer said:

I kind of expect the Browns to pass on Darnold so I’ve already begun to measure my expectations and learn to be cool with whoever we take.

Nope. Nope. Nope. We’ll have none of that. We want you to keep your heart on your sleeve and preach your convictions. It’s all that us fans can do to usher in the new era of Browns’ football.

@poorbytehshore was for the pathetic Browns since The Return. @Aztec Hammer is one of the strong voices of the new Browns (actually the new, new Browns).

Stay strong and spread the new hope.

2 hours ago, Aztec Hammer said:

I will be the 13th Man in the Seahawks forum if that happens

You're the worst.

2 hours ago, Aztec Hammer said:

Not really though, if we don’t take Darnold, I will burst into flames

then return from the ashes as a leading advocate for the throwing power of Josh Allen or the immeasurable moxie of Baker Mayfield.

At this point I’m mostly having fun with it. I kind of expect the Browns to pass on Darnold so I’ve already begun to measure my expectations and learn to be cool with whoever we take.

You're the worst.

3 hours ago, Aztec Hammer said:

Not really though, if we don’t take Darnold, I will burst into flames

then return from the ashes as a leading advocate for the throwing power of Josh Allen or the immeasurable moxie of Baker Mayfield.

At this point I’m mostly having fun with it. I kind of expect the Browns to pass on Darnold so I’ve already begun to measure my expectations and learn to be cool with whoever we take.

Me too. I think its asking too much for the Browns to take the QB who almost everyone else thinks is the best QB in this draft (I said almost Dizzy). How else are we going to stay mediocre if they take the best players available? I pretty much think the Browns just do stuff to make me mad at this point. 

1 hour ago, buckeyesNut0623 said:

Me too. I think its asking too much for the Browns to take the QB who almost everyone else thinks is the best QB in this draft (I said almost Dizzy). How else are we going to stay mediocre if they take the best players available? I pretty much think the Browns just do stuff to make me mad at this point. 

Well, @DizzyDean wouldn't have drafted Kizer, that's for sure. You can look it up in the old forum to verify. Aztec wanted Kizer.

I wasn’t much of a fan of any of them overall. If I remember properly, on first watch I was intrigued by Mahomes’ arm talent, then Kizer’s too a bit, but I quite liked Trubisky for a while, though I wasn’t enamoured and by the end of the process, I didn’t want any of them. But I think Mahomes was the one I liked the most by draft day. But with the caveat that we should only take him if he fell to the 2nd.

I didn’t like Watson and it seems like that one might be the big miss. But it’s still early days with him/all of them I guess.

Dizzy is routinely right about all things nfl, all things browns, and all things draft.  

The great thing, and I hope that it’s true, is that I am hearing that the browns are trying to decide between Allen and Mayfield.  All others have been ruled out.

this also mirrors my ranking and school of thought.  They are the only 2 truly worth consideration with the first overall pick.

Regarding which to pick, that depends on team direction.  If you expect the rookie to play sooner rather than later then HEE HEE!  Mayfield is the choice.  If you expect Taylor to give you the full year up to 2 years then Allen is the pick.

1 hour ago, DizzyDean said:

Dizzy is routinely right about all things nfl, all things browns, and all things draft.  

The great thing, and I hope that it’s true, is that I am hearing that the browns are trying to decide between Allen and Mayfield.  All others have been ruled out.

this also mirrors my ranking and school of thought.  They are the only 2 truly worth consideration with the first overall pick.

Regarding which to pick, that depends on team direction.  If you expect the rookie to play sooner rather than later then HEE HEE!  Mayfield is the choice.  If you expect Taylor to give you the full year up to 2 years then Allen is the pick.

And modest too. 

And modest too. 

1 hour ago, Aztec Hammer said:

No I didn’t?

Whoa. You are @poorbytehshore!? I loved that guy. What happened? ?

I'm a big Baker fan, so he's my first choice. That said, they ARE the only two worth considering; that much is crystal clear by now, and I think most would agree. You've already debunked Darnold, and Rosen has clearly peaked. And he screams uncoachable if you ask us.

What would you do if you were Dorsey? Maybe trade down from one to get a ton of picks and then grab Chubb and Barkley, maybe a guy like Mason Rudolph or Mike White in the 2nd round?

23 minutes ago, NudeTayne said:

Whoa. You are @poorbytehshore!? I loved that guy. What happened? ?

I'm a big Baker fan, so he's my first choice. That said, they ARE the only two worth considering; that much is crystal clear by now, and I think most would agree. You've already debunked Darnold, and Rosen has clearly peaked. And he screams uncoachable if you ask us.

What would you do if you were Dorsey? Maybe trade down from one to get a ton of picks and then grab Chubb and Barkley, maybe a guy like Mason Rudolph or Mike White in the 2nd round?

You’re the worst. 

Archived