RUMOR: DARNOLD FOLLOWED STANTON ON INSTA

mistakey

3 minutes ago, pscottdai said:

And yet, this is probably one of the things I like most about him. Funnily enough, for years most of us fans have complained that no one on the team shows emotion and now there is a team leader available who does display that emotion, does display that fire and anger and he is a horrible prospect because of it.

I will gladly take the occasional flag for an outburst from a player if it is warranted and fires up the rest of the team as opposed to the crap we have had for decades now.

Yeah as long as he is smart enough not to draw a flag with the game on the line I don't care. He might take a cheap shot or two which would be a negative if he got hurt but if it draws a flag and he isn't hurt it's a positive.

50 minutes ago, bruceb said:

I have heard/read guys who put Mayfield and Allen in R4

Allen yes mayfield is arguably the best QB in the draft right now ( I say right now because I think Mayfields ready to go while Darnold can be elite ) erase the height stigma and that dumb arrest. It wouldn’t even be a question would be going number one. 

5 minutes ago, bosko1616 said:

Allen yes mayfield is arguably the best QB in the draft right now ( I say right now because I think Mayfields ready to go while Darnold can be elite ) erase the height stigma and that dumb arrest. It wouldn’t even be a question would be going number one. 

For whatever reasons, Mayfield should not go #1.

One of top 4 QBs off the board for sure.

Allen does not belong in the discussion of top QBs, imho.

3 hours ago, bruceb said:

But, but, but...that would mean that @DizzyDean is completely wrong.

How is that possible?

No, it wouldn't.  I never said that they would not draft Darnold.  I said that would be so "brownsie", and not a good way at all to spend the first overall pick of the draft in a loaded year.  It would rank right up there with the Brady Quinn pick.

Also, before the knuckleheads jump in saying that I am comparing Quinn and Darnold, no, I am not.  I am comparing the decision.  This one could hurt much worse because 1.) we are spending a much higher pick in a much higher draft class.  2.)  Instead of absolute suck as Brady Quinn was, Darnold projects to be Mr. Mediocre, just good enough to hang around for a decade being average and never giving us a real shot at the Lombardi trophy.  

1 hour ago, DizzyDean said:

No, it wouldn't.  I never said that they would not draft Darnold.  I said that would be so "brownsie", and not a good way at all to spend the first overall pick of the draft in a loaded year.  It would rank right up there with the Brady Quinn pick.

Also, before the knuckleheads jump in saying that I am comparing Quinn and Darnold, no, I am not.  I am comparing the decision.  This one could hurt much worse because 1.) we are spending a much higher pick in a much higher draft class.  2.)  Instead of absolute suck as Brady Quinn was, Darnold projects to be Mr. Mediocre, just good enough to hang around for a decade being average and never giving us a real shot at the Lombardi trophy.  

When I get a chance to cover a Browns game at the station, I'm so telling on you to Sammy D

1 hour ago, DizzyDean said:

I get what you're saying because I think Darnold isnt as good as the #1 overall pick should be but I can't buy into Allen or Baker being much better prospects.  Josh Allen wasn't even a good college QB.  Baker played in a joke of an offense.

38 minutes ago, Rod Johnson said:

I get what you're saying because I think Darnold isnt as good as the #1 overall pick should be but I can't buy into Allen or Baker being much better prospects.  Josh Allen wasn't even a good college QB.  Baker played in a joke of an offense.

Baker at least was a good college QB. Allen wasnt.

2 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

Baker at least was a good college QB. Allen wasnt.

If you need to start the pick right away then you avoid Allen at all costs.  If you have a pretty good established starter (such as, oh, I don’t know, Tyrod Taylor!), and want to draft a project with unlimited upside to sit and learn similarly to how Aaron Rodgers sat in Green Bay when our GM worked for that team, then you would be hard pressed to find a better candidate than Josh Allen for that roll.

1 minute ago, DizzyDean said:

If you need to start the pick right away then you avoid Allen at all costs.  If you have a pretty good established starter (such as, oh, I don’t know, Tyrod Taylor!), and want to draft a project with unlimited upside to sit and learn similarly to how Aaron Rodgers sat in Green Bay when our GM worked for that team, then you would be hard pressed to find a better candidate than Josh Allen for that roll.

You should not draft Josh Allen regardless. He is bad. He has never been a good QB at ANY level of competition and he WILL suck in the NFL. There is literally no justifying spending anything besides a 3rd or 4th rounder on Josh Allen.

44 minutes ago, Rod Johnson said:

Allen is a better pick if you can sit him and develop him because he has a ceiling as high as the Empire State Building.  Darnold has a ceiling of about mid career level Chad Pennington.

Mayfield is just a great prospect period.  Sam Bradford has played amazing coming from that same system when he has been on the field.  Injuries keep him on the sideline though.

Mayfield has a great arm, above average mobility, elite accuracy, off the charts leadership, and he is driven.  No one wants it more than he wants it.

1 minute ago, DizzyDean said:

Allen is a better pick if you can sit him and develop him because he has a ceiling as high as the Empire State Building.  Darnold has a ceiling of about mid career level Chad Pennington.

Mayfield is just a great prospect period.  Sam Bradford has played amazing coming from that same system when he has been on the field.  Injuries keep him on the sideline though.

Mayfield has a great arm, above average mobility, elite accuracy, off the charts leadership, and he is driven.  No one wants it more than he wants it.

Paxton Lynch was a better college player and prospect than Josh Allen. Its been 2 years and he still cant grasp a NFL playbook or diagnose NFL defenses. 

It doesnt matter how long you sit. You either have it or you dont mentally as a QB. 

1 minute ago, AkronsWitness said:

You should not draft Josh Allen regardless. He is bad. He has never been a good QB at ANY level of competition and he WILL suck in the NFL. There is literally no justifying spending anything besides a 3rd or 4th rounder on Josh Allen.

That is your opinion, I have mine.  We will see who is right about him depending on where he goes and the situation.  He may well fail, however his upside makes him a much better pick at 1 overall that a known commodity of mediocre.

1 minute ago, AkronsWitness said:

Paxton Lynch was a better college player than Josh Allen. Its been 2 years and he still cant grasp a NFL playbook or diagnose NFL defenses. 

It doesnt matter how long you sit. You either have it or you dont mentally as a QB. 

He was also a better college qb than Tom Brady.  Somehow he adjusted.

if drafting was as simple as picking the guys that performed the best in college then drafting would be easy and an exact science.  It is not.

Just now, DizzyDean said:

That is your opinion, I have mine.  We will see who is right about him depending on where he goes and the situation.  He may well fail, however his upside makes him a much better pick at 1 overall that a known commodity of mediocre.

Thats my point. The Browns cant afford to take a player who isnt currently good but has 'upside'

Whats the common denominator between Trent Richardson, Justin Gilbert, Johnny Manziel, Barkevious Mingo, Corey Coleman and even Josh Gordon????

They were ALL high prospects based on projection from their physical college ability, nothing mental. Josh Allen would fall right in line.

Archived