RUMOR: DARNOLD FOLLOWED STANTON ON INSTA

mistakey

1 hour ago, big poppa pump said:

I think you have overstated the ability of ALL these picks.  Not only are they not superstars, they don't even begin to come close to what Carson Wentz value is.  And again...no to the trade down.  Can we just take the PERCEIVED high quality starter at pick 4.  It could be chubb or barkley....let me have these guys.  We are soooooooo young already.  How many rooks and future rooks do we need?????

I don't think I overstated.  I called none of them a superstar.  I think some of them can be very good is we give them time to grow with the team.

And honestly, we could take the perceived high quality starter at 4, but I'm tired of people thinking you lose a ton of value by dropping 8 picks and picking up another 1st or 2.

I am a HUGE fan of Bradley Chubb, and I really like Saquan Barkley, but if you're telling me we can get Denzel Ward and Da'Ron Payne, or Ridley and Guice plus another 1st next year?!?!

that's how we are even in position to have the #4 in the first place.  I vote diversify as opposed to placing all my eggs in one basket every time....

38 minutes ago, CBrownsman said:

I don't think I overstated.  I called none of them a superstar.  I think some of them can be very good is we give them time to grow with the team.

And honestly, we could take the perceived high quality starter at 4, but I'm tired of people thinking you lose a ton of value by dropping 8 picks and picking up another 1st or 2.

I am a HUGE fan of Bradley Chubb, and I really like Saquan Barkley, but if you're telling me we can get Denzel Ward and Da'Ron Payne, or Ridley and Guice plus another 1st next year?!?!

that's how we are even in position to have the #4 in the first place.  I vote diversify as opposed to placing all my eggs in one basket every time....

Just to throw this out there, I did some research on the past 30 years of drafts, and if you judge players based on pro-bowls and Hall of Famers, this is what I found out...

For argument sake and not a coulda woulda shoulda, I looked at who was taken with the 4th overall pick, the 12th overall pick, and the 22nd overall picks in the last 30 years.

Of the 30 guys taken with the 4th overall pick, 17 of them were pro-bowlers and of those 17, 2 of them made the hall of fame.  Those are good numbers, 57% made a pro-bowl.

Of the 30 guys taken with the 12th overall pick, 16 of them were pro-bowlers and of those, 1 ended up making the hall of fame.  For being a whole 8 picks lower, they still managed 53% pro-bowler.

Of the 30 guys taken with the 22nd pick, there was a significant drop off as 6 of them were pro-bowlers and none made the hall of fame. 

That being said, if you had both the 12th and the 22nd pick, 22 pro-bowlers were selected as opposed to just holding 17 in the first round.

Also 3 years there were 2 pro-bowlers taken with 12-22 and 19 of 30 years you would have ended up with at least 1.

And i'm not here arguing trading 4 for just 12 and 22.  I'm arguing to trade 4 for 12, 22 and a future 1st.  Were not reducing our chances to take star players, we are actually increasing it, and by a HUGE amount.  I don't understand why people would rather stay put and pick.

at 1? sure....we need a QB, TAKE A FRANCHISE QB.  At 4....give me 12, 22 and a future 1st 100 times out of 100

1 minute ago, bosko1616 said:

Is anyone else getting bombarded with ads it’s so ******* annoying 

Yes. I went from never having ads to them covering half the posts today. They should at least know to block the right posts (Dean obv).

20 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

@Webmaster are these ads something we should get used to? 

They don’t exactly add to the user experience.

Please remember that our sponsors cover the costs of running this forum.  Without ads there wouldn't be a forum.   We are currently experimenting with some different types of mobile advertising in an effort to give exposure to our sponsors who pay for the forum, while still maintaining a good user experience for our members.   We will try to make the ads as unobtrusive as possible, but we do want members to notice the ads and understand that they are necessary to support this free forum.   However, you should not see any kind of app redirects, downloads or other invasive or obnoxious ads.  Ads should not cover the content or break the layout.  If an ad is doing this on your browser, it is due to a technical issue with the advertisement or a problem with your browser, computer, or phone.   Try rebooting your computer or phone to see if that solves the issue.   If that doesn't work send me a PM and I will look into it.  

Please do not discuss the ads on the forum.   If you have feedback, comments or technical issues with an ad, please send me a PM.  

5 minutes ago, Webmaster said:

Please remember that our sponsors cover the costs of running this forum.  Without ads there wouldn't be a forum.   We are currently experimenting with some different types of mobile advertising in an effort to give exposure to our sponsors who pay for the forum, while still maintaining a good user experience for our members.   We will try to make the ads as unobtrusive as possible, but we do want members to notice the ads and understand that they are necessary to support this free forum.   However, you should not see any kind of app redirects, downloads or other invasive or obnoxious ads.  Ads should not cover the content or break the layout.  If an ad is doing this on your browser, it is due to a technical issue with the advertisement or a problem with your browser, computer, or phone.   Try rebooting your computer or phone to see if that solves the issue.   If that doesn't work send me a PM and I will look into it.  

Please do not discuss the ads on the forum.   If you have feedback, comments or technical issues with an ad, please send me a PM.  

Easy enough, will do.

6 hours ago, Webmaster said:

FWIW, that was Webby's 666th post. #Conspiracy #Illuminati

Archived