Draft Discussion 4.0

NudeTayne

2 minutes ago, duke2056 said:

I hope they just keep Coleman.  I dont think it makes much sense to deal him away for some 4th rounder or something.

Unless they are going to deal for OBJ, then I don't give a hoot

Agreed. Ive been on here saying that Coleman is not a bust before. For starters, hes constantly been injured and basically has 1 full season of games played. Second, he has had multiple garbage cans throwing him the football. I would love to see what he can do healthy, motivated in a make or break year and with a competent QB who can actually get him the ball.

Hes  our WR#3, what type of production are we really looking for? Is 35 catches 425 yards and 3 TDs really that bad for a guy who is literally like the 4th or 5th option on offense after Landry, Gordon, Njoku and Duke?

1 minute ago, MistaBohmbastic said:

If we take Anthony Miller, I'm coo without CoreyCole

I'm not at all. We spent a 1st rounder on him and most receivers take 3 years to get the NFL speed and coverages down so what we deal him for a 4th rounder and he gets good somewhere else? I think trading Coleman now would be a typical Browns move of getting rid of players so they can get good with other teams. Nope I'm on the unless they are offering a 2nd or better, no thank you sir. Jmo

1 minute ago, buckeyesNut0623 said:

I'm not at all. We spent a 1st rounder on him and most receivers take 3 years to get the NFL speed and coverages down so what we deal him for a 4th rounder and he gets good somewhere else? I think trading Coleman now would be a typical Browns move of getting rid of players so they can get good with other teams. Nope I'm on the unless they are offering a 2nd or better, no thank you sir. Jmo

I personally think he deserves one last chance. If he doesn't play with the biggest damn chip on his shoulder, then he never will. But after the way last season ended, I would imagine he be one of the hardest working players in football this past offseason. I'd like to see that come to fruition here.

2 minutes ago, MistaBohmbastic said:

I personally think he deserves one last chance. If he doesn't play with the biggest damn chip on his shoulder, then he never will. But after the way last season ended, I would imagine he be one of the hardest working players in football this past offseason. I'd like to see that come to fruition here.

Agreed after this year if it does not work out it is what it is but I think especially with receivers you need to give them 3 years. Just my opinion. 

17 minutes ago, buckeyesNut0623 said:

Agreed after this year if it does not work out it is what it is but I think especially with receivers you need to give them 3 years. Just my opinion. 

Absolutely.  He has shown flashes, and the chance he is decent is still likely higher than some 4th rounder or 5th rounder being decent.  Kinda doubt anyone is offering more

3 minutes ago, bosko1616 said:

we take DJ Moore or Christian Kirk I might be okay with trading him but even then most teams go 4-5 deep sometimes through the offseason 

right.  What would be the point of trading him?  Even if he barely plays, he is better than a 4th rounder will be most likely.  

5 minutes ago, duke2056 said:

right.  What would be the point of trading him?  Even if he barely plays, he is better than a 4th rounder will be most likely.  

Ya unless Dorsey is dead set on his guys which is stupid with the potential he has you don’t give up on Coleman. At worst he’s your Mike Wallace Ted Ginn Jr. where you give him three routes. Deep post, streak, or slant and hope he breaks it. Same thing he did at Baylor. 

I'm glad to see that others don't want to just trade Corey Coleman for a sandwich either. I liked him coming out, and I really don't understand what motivation we would have to trade him. If he stays healthy this year and continues to improve as a pro, we could have a great one two three punch.

4 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

"With the 64th pick in the 2nd round of the 2018 NFL Draft. The Cleveland Browns select........Michael Gallup, WR, Colorado State

Antonio Callaway

He will be Dorsey's Tyreek Hill for us.

Archived