Draft Discussion 4.0

NudeTayne

I’m probably the biggest Coleman hater here. I hated the pick at the time and thought he was a short WR, who wasn’t as athletic as advertised, and couldn’t run routes.

That said, trading a 23 year old less than 2 years removed from a first round investment for pennies on the dollar is idiotic.

9 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

I’m probably the biggest Coleman hater here. I hated the pick at the time and thought he was a short WR, who wasn’t as athletic as advertised, and couldn’t run routes.

That said, trading a 23 year old less than 2 years removed from a first round investment for pennies on the dollar is idiotic.

That's basically what they did with Shelton.

No reason not to move on if you do not project the guy as a key piece.

Lot's of good WRs in the middle rounds.

1 hour ago, NudeTayne said:

I'm glad to see that others don't want to just trade Corey Coleman for a sandwich either. I liked him coming out, and I really don't understand what motivation we would have to trade him. If he stays healthy this year and continues to improve as a pro, we could have a great one two three punch.

I wasn't on board with getting rid of Coleman but that was before I knew there was a sandwich involved.

12 hours ago, MistaBohmbastic said:

What's his connection to the Browns? I see him post stuff and people freak out like "OMG ITS HAPPENING!"

Is this guy a serious insider or something?

Lane works for the orange and brown report. He’s one of their insiders. He usually is pretty accurate as far as what’s going on. 

1 hour ago, bruceb said:

That's basically what they did with Shelton.

No reason not to move on if you do not project the guy as a key piece.

Lot's of good WRs in the middle rounds.

Have you SEEN the rookie WR classes the last three years? WR's coming out have been awful as a group and taking much more time to adapt.

They moved Shelton because it was the last year on his deal and they wanted his snaps to go elsewhere (look at the private visits, we're going DT somewhere in the first three picks). Who do we want Coleman's snaps going to? A rookie at a position where rookies have been awful since 2014?

42 minutes ago, MistaBohmbastic said:

PFF's mock has James going 4th overall to the Browns. I just feel like if a DB is what we want, why wouldn't we take Minkah? His versatility and sheer skillset is remarkable.

Minkah is good. But imo James and especially Ward are better. 

3 hours ago, Thomas5737 said:

I wasn't on board with getting rid of Coleman but that was before I knew there was a sandwich involved.

Two sandwiches if you cut it in half. 

2 hours ago, MistaBohmbastic said:

I hope so. At 4, Ward is far more valuable for the Browns than Chubb.

Would you say Ward is better at CB than Chubb is at DE?

53 minutes ago, kingseanjohn said:

Minkah is good. But imo James and especially Ward are better. 

If we draft James as you've entertained, how would you see or starting secondary/linebackers setup going into the season? And what is your assessment about James in coverage? I hear mixed things and wan wasn't able to glean much from YouTube videos. 

I’m good with Ward mostly if it’s via trade down. Having pick 4 and taking Ward seems decent but not a home run. I could be wrong but don’t see that as a huge swing that high. A trade back to 12 for high value then a slight trade up for Ward would be fine. I can’t say I like Ward that much more than a couple other guys, or even the Minkah possibility, to take him that high. I think if the Giants go Chubb, if they don’t want Barkley that high, they try to move out of the pick.

Archived