Draft Discussion 4.0

NudeTayne

Some people just want to watch the world burn....

Ken Zampese has the biggest hard on for Darnold... so does Hue... according to people close to Jordan Palmer...

Dustin Fox I guess must've asked Gregg Williams who he likes most...

The late last week rumoring of Mayfield is upon us.. I tried to prepare everyone...

Be ready to hear all kinds of Mayfield at 1 reports this week...

Enjoy...

MKC: "John you said winning, accuracy, late game clutch factor, would all be central for drafting a QB... so Why did you select Josh Allen?"

Dorsey: " His hands are big and he has a big arm.. our process is flawless...."

4 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I’ve known Dustin since we were in 6th grade, he’s a good guy.  He’s a sharp fella.  He’s also in the entertainment industry and realizes that Allen and Mayfield are the most polarizing names that attract clicks and attention. Take his rumors with a grain of salt.

19 minutes ago, Mind Character said:

Ken Zampese has the biggest hard on for Darnold... so does Hue... according to people close to Jordan Palmer...

The late last week rumoring of Mayfield is upon us.. I tried to prepare everyone...

Enjoy...

MKC: "John you said winning, accuracy, late game clutch factor, would all be central for drafting a QB... so Why did you select Josh Allen?"

14 minutes ago, Mind Character said:

Enjoy...

@LETSGOBROWNIES said he has known Dustin Fox personally for a long time and though he is a nice guy, he knows how to stir the pot by choosing controversial names to put out there.

If Zampese and Hue love Darnold, and I wouldn’t be surprised judging by Zampese with Sam at the Combine and Hue’s SC/Palmer connection, as well as just because of Sam’s talent in general, who really cares about what other coaches think? Short of Haley hating him, which I struggle to believe, it doesn’t matter.

Unless Dorsey is willing to look like a huge hypocrite of his principles, Allen will not be the pick. He specifically cited accuracy, winning and clutchness in key moments. Even the most ardent Allen fans have to acknowledge he does not check these boxes.

Yes he also cited hand size, but he and Hue have also previously said that all of the ‘top’ QBs pass the threshold.

One thing that makes me questions Mayfield being the pick, aside from it being an all-time shock for a 6ft QB to go #1 overall, is that Vegas still has him at 20/1.

Surely they cannot get it that wrong?

1 minute ago, Aztec Hammer said:

@LETSGOBROWNIES said he has known Dustin Fox personally for a long time and though he is a nice guy, he knows how to stir the pot by choosing controversial names

I wouldn’t say stir the pot as much as create intrigue.  It’s no different than the hot takes created by Skip and Screamin A.

Allen and Mayfield generate clicks more than Darnold, that’s his job.  

It’s silly season folks, this is the silly part.

3 hours ago, duke2056 said:

Do you not know the rationale for why Vegas makes the odds the way that they do?

I do know but they also have a pretty damn good success rate. If news was coming out of the Browns truly liking one QB more, the odds would have changed a lot more. Darnold has been a heavy favorite for awhile by vegas. If things were truly on Baker and Allen, they would be seeing a lot more bets being place on them, so you would see the odds changing.

32 minutes ago, Mind Character said:

Enjoy...

24 minutes ago, buno67 said:

I do know but they also have a pretty damn good success rate. If news was coming out of the Browns truly liking one QB more, the odds would have changed a lot more. Darnold has been a heavy favorite for awhile by vegas. If things were truly on Baker and Allen, they would be seeing a lot more bets being place on them, so you would see the odds changing.

No.  Any changes would be based on how the betting is going.  

If things changed with the QBs, but the betting was staying the same, guess what??  The lines won't change.  It doesnt appear people are betting Baker.  It DOES appear a lot of people are betting Allen.  The smart money here is not on allen.

38 minutes ago, zelbell said:

Haslam was at Darnold’s Pro Day for gods sake 

until I see the card, I am not believing the pick is anyone but Darnold at this point

35 minutes ago, Aztec Hammer said:

He was at Allen’s as well. Met both sets of parents.

Rosen’s too iirc.

18 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Rosen’s too iirc.

Maybe we're going to shake up the draft and grab all three:

1. Allen to make sure we get our guy

2. NYG - Barkley

3. NYJ - Mayfield

4. CLE - Rosen

5. DEN - Jackson

6. IND - Chubb

7. TB - Derwin

8. CHI - Nelson

9. SF - Roquon

10. CLE from Oak (trade 33, 35, 114, 2019 1st), jumping Miami flat,800x800,075,f.jpg

- Darnold

Then we can give Allen the time to develop and dangle the other two as trade bait later. Hopefully Tyrod turns into the guy, though, and we can trade them all later.

How'd I do?

55 minutes ago, pscottdai said:

Been saying all along it is Mayfield, you all just don't want to listen :) 

I think many of us would be fine with this.  We all have our preference, but we could do a lot worse than Mayfield as a prospect.  I do think he's a real possibility at #1 also.

Archived