Draft Discussion 4.0

NudeTayne

1 hour ago, BleedTheClock said:

Now we're comparing Josh Allen to Cardale Jones...my god people.

I'm down to put money on Josh Allen becoming an effective QB in the NFL. Any takers on this? There's an obnoxious amount of hate for this kid.

I still want Darnold, but that doesn't mean we need to crucify every other QB that might be in play at #1 in order to pimp Sam.

People are being overly critical and obviously haven't played QB, coached QB's, or evaluated QB's if we're giving 4th round grades to Josh Allen. C'mon people.

Yeah that’s a ridiculous comparison. I have a feeling that he can be decent in the nfl. Every now and then there’s an outlier and I think it’ll be him.  

https://sports.yahoo.com/greg-cosells-draft-analysis-baker-mayfields-best-good-issues-153741042.html

I think this is quite a fair assessment of Mayfield. The negatives are exactly what I have mentioned thinking about him and I’ve got a fair amount of push back for it.

I have my opinions but over the next week, I am going to try and load up and focus on the positives in preparation for if we draft him.

8 minutes ago, Aztec Hammer said:

https://sports.yahoo.com/greg-cosells-draft-analysis-baker-mayfields-best-good-issues-153741042.html

I think this is quite a fair assessment of Mayfield. The negatives are exactly what I have mentioned thinking about him and I’ve got a fair amount of push back for it.

I have my opinions but over the next week, I am going to try and load up and focus on the positives in preparation for if we draft him.

That is why I am a Sam guy. Sam is extremely cool under pressure. As a qb if we had 3 bad years (impossible right?) I think Sam would do best under that pressure. 

The worst would be Baker and Rosen. Rosen is happy to run his mouth off. Baker is similar in that regard as well. 

6 hours ago, bosko1616 said:

When was the last time a QB with his accuracy issues became a top 10-5 QB 

Cam Newton. Matthew Stafford. Even to an extent, last year Deshaun Watson.

Those are three guys just off the top of my head. And Newton and Watson had much easier throws to complete in college playing in spread systems. Stafford and Allen played in pro style schemes that asked them to thread the needle down the field much more often than the other two.

5 hours ago, Kiwibrown said:

That is why I am a Sam guy. Sam is extremely cool under pressure. As a qb if we had 3 bad years (impossible right?) I think Sam would do best under that pressure. 

The worst would be Baker and Rosen. Rosen is happy to run his mouth off. Baker is similar in that regard as well. 

I would strongly disagree about both Rosen and Mayfield running their mouths off if their teams aren't winning. Neither has a history of doing so, as far as I know(?).

Also, the positive side of Mayfield's perceived cockiness (kinda seems that way to me with Rosen as well) is that he believes 100% that he has the ability to drastically affect whether or not his team wins; thus, if the Browns were losing with either at the helm, I predict both putting it on their own shoulders. They both seem to be willing to do so.

5 hours ago, MistaBohmbastic said:

Dustin Fox said tonight that he "heard" it's down to Allen and Mayfield, that apparently the coaches don't like Darnold. I'm calling BS on that one.

Makes zero sense considering Mayfield and Allen are as polar opposite in quarterbacking as you could find.

12 hours ago, Kiwibrown said:

Nothing say cool under pressure like losing confidence in ones self unless it’s telling the media that you have lost confidence in yourself.

6 hours ago, MistaBohmbastic said:

Dustin Fox said tonight that he "heard" it's down to Allen and Mayfield, that apparently the coaches don't like Darnold. I'm calling BS on that one.

Our sitting duck coaching staff shouldn’t even be allowed to have an opinion. 

Preparing for the worst though. 

44 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

Our sitting duck coaching staff shouldn’t even be allowed to have an opinion. 

If Dorsey and company are actually stupid enough to listen to the QB Whisperer, they're all a lot dumber than they look (which is saying something about Dorsey) and deserve to be gone. I have a hard time believing that this is true, despite my love for Dustin Fox.

7 hours ago, MistaBohmbastic said:

I’ve known Dustin since we were in 6th grade, he’s a good guy.  He’s a sharp fella.  He’s also in the entertainment industry and realizes that Allen and Mayfield are the most polarizing names that attract clicks and attention. Take his rumors with a grain of salt.

18 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I think the same thing.

Vegas isn’t always right, but they’re right more than they’re wrong.

Oh I know Vegas isn’t always right but they have had Darnold #1 from the minute they released the odds. They haven’t changed their stance on Darnold but have on other QBs. 

1 minute ago, buno67 said:

Oh I know Vegas isn’t always right but they have had Darnold #1 from the minute they released the odds. They haven’t changed their stance on Darnold but have on other QBs. 

Darnold has been the odds on favorite for number one for 15 months now.  

How often does that guy not go number one? Thinking back quickly, Garrett, Clowney, Luck, Winston.  Those guys were all number one throughout the process and ended up going number one.

Archived