Cheese Curds: Green Bay Packers Updates

swede700

Aaron Rodgers appears less concerned about the team’s 2022 wideouts than Packers fans are.

Rodgers: “I like the guys that we got. Obviously not having Davante, who took the lion’s share of the targets last year and had an incredible season, there’s going to be the same amount of balls and yards and touchdowns to go around. So now it’s a matter of: Who’s going to be in those situations to make those plays?”

“Obviously, Allen Lazard is going to step into the No. 1 role, and I think it’s going to be a very seamless transition for him as a primary blocker and kind of a niche guy for us, to get an opportunity to get more throws, be No. 1 in the progression more often.”

Rodgers expects Watson, a second-round selection, to return from the active/physically unable to perform list in a “few weeks."

Romeo Doubs has had a really nice start to the camp. He’s been getting a lot of attention based on some of the plays that he’s made. I like the approach. Very understated kid, very humble kid from kind of inner city L.A., made his way to Nevada. I was sitting with him at lunch the other day and really just marveling. It’s surprising how many teams passed on him. Whatever reason it was, we all feel really good about Romeo and the start he’s gotten off to.”

“I think [Sammy Watkins and Randall Cobb] are a little more dangerous because they have so much more to play for."

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/07/30/aaron-rodgers-on-his-receivers-i-like-the-guys-that-we-got/

21 hours ago, vike daddy said:

Aaron Rodgers appears less concerned about the team’s 2022 wideouts than Packers fans are.

Rodgers: “I like the guys that we got. Obviously not having Davante, who took the lion’s share of the targets last year and had an incredible season, there’s going to be the same amount of balls and yards and touchdowns to go around. So now it’s a matter of: Who’s going to be in those situations to make those plays?”

“Obviously, Allen Lazard is going to step into the No. 1 role, and I think it’s going to be a very seamless transition for him as a primary blocker and kind of a niche guy for us, to get an opportunity to get more throws, be No. 1 in the progression more often.”

Rodgers expects Watson, a second-round selection, to return from the active/physically unable to perform list in a “few weeks."

Romeo Doubs has had a really nice start to the camp. He’s been getting a lot of attention based on some of the plays that he’s made. I like the approach. Very understated kid, very humble kid from kind of inner city L.A., made his way to Nevada. I was sitting with him at lunch the other day and really just marveling. It’s surprising how many teams passed on him. Whatever reason it was, we all feel really good about Romeo and the start he’s gotten off to.”

“I think [Sammy Watkins and Randall Cobb] are a little more dangerous because they have so much more to play for."

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/07/30/aaron-rodgers-on-his-receivers-i-like-the-guys-that-we-got/

Of course he is confident because there is no reason not to be.  Not to mention he has 3 solid TEs, a good HB type as well.  Then they got a deep OL even if they have injuries and they have arguably the best tandem of backs in the NFL with Jones and Dillon.  It freaking sucks not to mention the D will be better with additions of Reed and Wyatt along with Quay Walker and having Alexander back.  

Sure they lost Z.Smith but with the emergence of Gary last year losing Z.Smith is totally meaningless.  Sucks but they are going to be a damn good team and one of the Super Bowl favorites and have been for what three years in a row now.  Sure lose Adams but it might not really matter.  Watson and Doubs both have deep threat speed and Amari Rodgers could be one hell of a slot guy and do great there.  If not Sammy Watkins could have a  reemergence as well.

• 2 weeks later...

Packers quarterback Jordan Love played almost all of the Packers’ preseason game against the Saints on Friday night, and coach Matt LaFleur came away impressed. LaFleur said afterward that Love is “light years ahead” of where he was last year at this time.

Although Love’s numbers — 12-for-24 for 113 yards, one touchdown, no interceptions, one sack — were mediocre, LaaFleur said Love played better than the numbers showed.

LaFleur: “I know the numbers don’t necessarily reflect probably how I feel. He stood in the pocket and was throwing on rhythm. Unfortunately again we had too many drops. He was decisive. I think that’s the big thing from him. I see a much more decisive player out there. I think that’s going to lead to a much more effective player.”

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/08/20/matt-lafleur-jordan-love-showed-hes-light-years-ahead-of-where-he-was-last-year/

drops, eh...?

On 8/20/2022 at 7:52 AM, vike daddy said:

Packers quarterback Jordan Love played almost all of the Packers’ preseason game against the Saints on Friday night, and coach Matt LaFleur came away impressed. LaFleur said afterward that Love is “light years ahead” of where he was last year at this time.

Although Love’s numbers — 12-for-24 for 113 yards, one touchdown, no interceptions, one sack — were mediocre, LaaFleur said Love played better than the numbers showed.

LaFleur: “I know the numbers don’t necessarily reflect probably how I feel. He stood in the pocket and was throwing on rhythm. Unfortunately again we had too many drops. He was decisive. I think that’s the big thing from him. I see a much more decisive player out there. I think that’s going to lead to a much more effective player.”

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/08/20/matt-lafleur-jordan-love-showed-hes-light-years-ahead-of-where-he-was-last-year/

drops, eh...?

Setting up the excuses already.  🤣

• 2 weeks later...
56 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

Watching that 2009 Vikings vs Packers game, Aaron Rodgers was 5 years into his NFL career at that time, and he is the only one on either roster still in the NFL 13 years later.  Damn that is annoying!

Suh Suh Soonio....

Edited by vike daddy