Cheese Curds: Green Bay Packers Updates

swede700

Packers defensive coordinator Joe Barry was the subject of much criticism when the Packers were on a losing streak at the middle of this season, but head coach Matt LaFleur resisted making any change.

On Monday, LaFleur suggested he’ll continue to stay the course with Barry. The Packers defense got better in the final stretches of the season and LaFleur said that Barry’s return for another season in Green Bay is “what I anticipate.”

LaFleur: “I do think there’s something to the guys that we do have in this building. Certainly, I think there’s a lot of things that all of us can improve upon, most notably myself. But I do believe in the people, not only in the locker room, but our coaching staff. And like I said, are there a lot of things that we’ve got to improve upon? Absolutely. No doubt about it. But it’s my intention to try and have everybody back. I think continuity is a big part of having success in this league.”

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2023/01/10/matt-lafleur-anticipates-joe-barrys-return-as-defensive-coordinator/

@Outpost31
@St Vince
@Old Guy

40 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

Packers defensive coordinator Joe Barry was the subject of much criticism when the Packers were on a losing streak at the middle of this season, but head coach Matt LaFleur resisted making any change.

On Monday, LaFleur suggested he’ll continue to stay the course with Barry. The Packers defense got better in the final stretches of the season and LaFleur said that Barry’s return for another season in Green Bay is “what I anticipate.”

LaFleur: “I do think there’s something to the guys that we do have in this building. Certainly, I think there’s a lot of things that all of us can improve upon, most notably myself. But I do believe in the people, not only in the locker room, but our coaching staff. And like I said, are there a lot of things that we’ve got to improve upon? Absolutely. No doubt about it. But it’s my intention to try and have everybody back. I think continuity is a big part of having success in this league.”

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2023/01/10/matt-lafleur-anticipates-joe-barrys-return-as-defensive-coordinator/

@Outpost31
@St Vince
@Old Guy

Thanks a lot Minnesota, you hurt our draft position and saved Joe Barry job. I wasn't fooled one bit by that winning streak, but at least Detroit cooperated.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, St Vince said:

Thanks a lot Minnesota, you hurt our draft position and saved Joe Barry job. I wasn't fooled one bit by that winning streak, but at least Detroit cooperated.

Maybe you'll get lucky and A-Rodg will bail on your team so you can get a full season of Joe Barry and Jordan Love!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, vike daddy said:

@Outpost31
@St Vince
@Old Guy

**** Joe Barry.

2 hours ago, vike daddy said:

@Outpost31
@St Vince
@Old Guy

The road to hell is paved with good intentions. He's still got time to let things sink in and get rid of him. 

• Like 1

Rodgers did say that he could walk away from the contract and that he's already made generational wealth. 

I wouldn't blame him for walking away.  He doesn't need the money and could probably get done acting gigs if he wanted to. He's getting up there in age and the hits have to be getting harder to take. It seems unlikely that he'll be able to win another super bowl with the Packers and he probably won't get a chance to try it with another team.  

I'm guessing he'll be back though

• Like 2

17 hours ago, vikesfan89 said:

He doesn't need the money and could probably get done acting gigs if he wanted to.

I think the perception of Aaron Rodgers has taken a hit over the last couple of years nationally, so I'm not sure he'd have as many opportunities as he did before that. 

• Like 1