College Football / NFL Draft Discussion

candyman93

Simplified or not, Watson looks like the real deal. I took a lot of flack for my like/infatuation with him early in the year, but thus far he's proven me right about looking like a legitimate Franchise QB. Some argue that he's got elite weapons, which he does, but his OL is an absolute joke in Houston, so there's a definite trade-off. Whoever we get with the Texans 1st combined with Peppers (who I feel has underwhelmed so far, thanks in part to playing off of my television screen) had better make up for it.

He may go "full Vince Young" and I'm not ready to anoint him as the real deal yet, but it's looking like he's their future.

20 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Simplified or not, Watson looks like the real deal. I took a lot of flack for my like/infatuation with him early in the year, but thus far he's proven me right about looking like a legitimate Franchise QB. Some argue that he's got elite weapons, which he does, but his OL is an absolute joke in Houston, so there's a definite trade-off. Whoever we get with the Texans 1st combined with Peppers (who I feel has underwhelmed so far, thanks in part to playing off of my television screen) had better make up for it.

He may go "full Vince Young" and I'm not ready to anoint him as the real deal yet, but it's looking like he's their future.

Yeah, 10 TD's in two weeks= IDGAF what they've done with the offense to dumb it down.

44 minutes ago, Reginaldm9 said:

Unless we've got a potential great late round cornerback available, I see no reason why we shouldn't draft exclusively skill position players for every single pick in the next draft. 

Exactly maybe a left tackle of the future and maybe a developmental center but that's it

get 

star running back

Two stud receivers even if one comes from FA like a Davante Adams or Allen Robinson

Stud slot receiver 

starting outside corner

free safety

Another corner 

2 hours ago, Wolfhunt said:

Put 8 guys in a box and Barkley is neutralized....we have to get at least 2 WR who can get open and most importantly catch the ball.

With 8 guys in the box we have plenty of guys who can get open. Njoku, DeValve and Coleman all have a bright future in this league. You don't need a team full of All-Pros. We can most certainly use and upgrade on Louis, Higgins and Company, but that can be done in Free Agency or I don't know 1 or 2 of the other 9 gazillion draft picks we have which also includes another 1st and three 2nd's.

8 hours ago, Dogbite said:

With 8 guys in the box we have plenty of guys who can get open. Njoku, DeValve and Coleman all have a bright future in this league. You don't need a team full of All-Pros. We can most certainly use and upgrade on Louis, Higgins and Company, but that can be done in Free Agency or I don't know 1 or 2 of the other 9 gazillion draft picks we have which also includes another 1st and three 2nd's.

Bruh.....

12 hours ago, brownie man said:

Exactly maybe a left tackle of the future and maybe a developmental center but that's it

get 

star running back

Two stud receivers even if one comes from FA like a Davante Adams or Allen Robinson

Stud slot receiver 

starting outside corner

free safety

Another corner 

Those guys and their agent won't want anything to do with us unless we have our QB situation solidified, and even then our lack of success works against us in trying to attract guys like those, we would be better off trying to go after a guy like Dante Moncrief, Marquise Lee or Dontrelle Inman. Then go for the stud in the draft, My personal favorite guy is Calvin Ridley, or Sutton.

Also, Jamar Taylor is a #2 corner, we have been getting by so far but we need a #1 bad, I would go right after Trumanine Johnson, with a rookie, there will be growing pains.

You are all overrated DeShone Kizer. We have had way more guys open this year than anyone is willing to admit. I mean there has to be a scapegoat right and surely it cannot be the latest hope at QB can it? Kizer has failed to find open receivers far more often than receivers not getting open, and even more that receivers have dropped pass.

Do we have bad receivers? Yes. Do we need to go out and find 5 new receivers? Absolutely not. That idea is absolutely ridiculous. Kasen Williams has a place in this league. Ricardo Louis has made big strides from last year to this year and even from the start of the year to where he is now. David Njoku and Seth DeValve are on there way to being very good threats in the passing game. Duke Johnson is a massive weapon in the passing game. Corey Coleman has played well and shined like a great WRs at times. Now that his hand has finally been dealt with properly instead of the quick way I believe he will be fine moving forward.

Archived