College Football / NFL Draft Discussion

candyman93

If we end up with the 1st overall pick again it should be a no brainer slam dunk just like Myles Garrett was this past season. Obviously the  media and fans will flirt with the idea of a QB knowing full well the reality of the situation is Barkley is the clear cut choice.

16 minutes ago, Dogbite said:

If we end up with the 1st overall pick again it should be a no brainer slam dunk just like Myles Garrett was this past season. Obviously the  media and fans will flirt with the idea of a QB knowing full well the reality of the situation is Barkley is the clear cut choice.

If we end up with the top overall pick there will be a few teams in the top 5 looking for a QB. If we keep Kizer we could trade back to the 2nd spot or 3rd spot and still get Barkley with the benefit of an extra 1st next year and maybe an extra 2nd. THEN BPA with Texans' pick. I'd lean toward CB or WR. 

That is all

Mastercheddaar

27 minutes ago, Dogbite said:

With respect, DeShone's statline is as follows:

51.4% completion

3TD

8 INT

764 Yards

Putting him on a rate of:

12 TD

32 INT

3,056 Yards

Now, I understand that he's a rookie with HORRIFIC WR and a HORRIFIC running game and some of those INT are on dropped passes (3 to be exact, although 1 of them was a BADLY thrown ball behind Britt). I also understand he has 12 games left to show progression.

However, if we pick #1 overall and there is a legit franchise QBOTF and clear cut guy there, we're drafting him and should if he continues on this type of track the rest of the way in 2017. Failure to do so is unacceptable and inexcusable.

6 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

With respect, DeShone's statline is as follows:

51.4% completion

3TD

8 INT

764 Yards

Putting him on a rate of:

12 TD

32 INT

3,056 Yards

Now, I understand that he's a rookie with HORRIFIC WR and a HORRIFIC running game and some of those INT are on dropped passes (3 to be exact, although 1 of them was a BADLY thrown ball behind Britt). I also understand he has 12 games left to show progression.

However, if we pick #1 overall and there is a legit franchise QBOTF and clear cut guy there, we're drafting him and should if he continues on this type of track the rest of the way in 2017. Failure to do so is unacceptable and inexcusable.

Don't forget the Hail Mary at the end of regulation.

The turnovers aren't as bad for as the stats would indicate, neither is the completion percentage.

Hopefully those issues clear up and we can get a good evaluation of him.

That said, if we get a shot at a legit "franchise qb" a la Luck, Manning, etc., I'm taking them regardless.

1 minute ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

The turnovers aren't as bad for as the stats would indicate, neither is the completion percentage.

That said, if we get a shot at a legit "franchise qb" a la Luck, Manning, etc., I'm taking them regardless.

True, but like I said, my "forward projections" are based off of his first 4 games and it makes a nice 1/4 of the way checkmark/progression forward. Those stats are mere projections based off of the current rate, and like I said, I'm glad we have another 12 games to view his progression/lack thereof.

I'm not wasting a shot at a Franchise caliber QB with a question mark (what we have now), let alone with a potential dumpster fire (if he were to end the year with numbers like that, which is highly unlikely).

That's all I was really trying to say here.

1 minute ago, MWil23 said:

True, but like I said, my "forward projections" are based off of his first 4 games and it makes a nice 1/4 of the way checkmark/progression forward. Those stats are mere projections based off of the current rate, and like I said, I'm glad we have another 12 games to view his progression/lack thereof.

I'm not wasting a shot at a Franchise caliber QB with a question mark (what we have now), let alone with a potential dumpster fire (if he were to end the year with numbers like that, which is highly unlikely).

That's all I was really trying to say here.

Good stuff, I was agreeing in a Mind Characteresque wordy fashion.

7 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Mayfield is the only one that comes to mind. Darnold looked horrible vs Wash St. He showed a ton of weaknesses. The other top picks I have seen have looked terrible against ranked teams too. Right now Mayfield or Barkley are the two players I am watching closely. Way this season is looking, we should have our pick. 

That is all

Mastercheddaar

7 minutes ago, Mastercheddaar said:

Mayfield is the only one that comes to mind. Darnold looked horrible vs Wash St. He showed a ton of weaknesses. The other top picks I have seen have looked terrible against ranked teams too. Right now Mayfield or Barkley are the two players I am watching closely. Way this season is looking, we should have our pick. 

That is all

Mastercheddaar

Mayfield?  He's a year older than Kizer, just keep that in mind.

18 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Mayfield?  He's a year older than Kizer, just keep that in mind.

He's also listed as a generous 6'1 and has a decent but not great arm. I think right now he's about my 4th/5th favorite QB going into the draft this year.

However, the site's Mel Kiper Junior will vehemently disagree with my analysis, so take that for what it's worth.

3 hours ago, MWil23 said:

He's also listed as a generous 6'1 and has a decent but not great arm. I think right now he's about my 4th/5th favorite QB going into the draft this year.

However, the site's Mel Kiper Junior will vehemently disagree with my analysis, so take that for what it's worth.

FF Kiper JRr. has about half the posts on this site in the draft forum. It's to the point he's mostly yelling loudly to himself and a couple eavesdroppers.

Archived