College Football / NFL Draft Discussion

candyman93

11 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

If Watson can have success, Lamar sure as hell can.

Watson has a better frame, better intelligence, and has one of the best feels/qb instincts I've ever seen.

Lamar has the tools but Watson is just a natural football player. Besides being athlete QBs I don't think they have much similarities at all.

27 minutes ago, roger murdock said:

Watson has a better frame, better intelligence, and has one of the best feels/qb instincts I've ever seen.

Lamar has the tools but Watson is just a natural football player. Besides being athlete QBs I don't think they have much similarities at all.

Agreed.  And Lamar has the better arm/accuracy by the eyeball test as far as college is concerned.  I'm torn.

And would it change how we're all seeing Lamar Jackson if he simply added 10-15 pounds of muscle, which isn't out of the realm of possibility?  I remember a lot of people calling him "eventually the #1 pick in the draft" a few seasons ago.  Now there is the Darnold--and to a lesser extent--/Rosen hype train with Lamar being mostly forgotten about.

50 minutes ago, roger murdock said:

How do we measure intelligence when comparing the 2? You’re right about frame.

Also, Lamar is a natural football player too.

1 hour ago, roger murdock said:

I'm not against taking Lamar at all. I just don't think comparing him to Watson makes much sense. The only question with Watson was arm strength. Besides that he was the total package.

I don't see the Watson comp.

jackson is pretty much a right handed Michael Vick.

1 hour ago, pnies20 said:

I don't see the Watson comp.

jackson is pretty much a right handed Michael Vick.

I agree, the Vick comparison is right on, we will just have to see if he translates to the NFL as well as Vick did. He is going to go top 10 in the draft as some team will take the shot.

As for Kizer, the FO and Hue are only playing him in order to tank the season and get the 1st overall pick. They know full well, he isn't even close to being a true franchise QB, so they are using him to acquire Rosen or Darnold.

9 hours ago, hornbybrown said:

I take prime Mike Vick in a heart beat with the way our QB situation has been since the comeback 

Vick is the correct comp IMO too, but the league kinda figured Vick (and every other running qb except perhaps Newton) out. Make them throw from the pocket or beat the hell out of them and they become walking injury reports.

Give me a guy who wins from the pocket all day, every day.

10 hours ago, Iamcanadian said:

As for Kizer, the FO and Hue are only playing him in order to tank the season and get the 1st overall pick. They know full well, he isn't even close to being a true franchise QB, so they are using him to acquire Rosen or Darnold.

I'm not ready to write off a 21 year old QB with Kizer's tools who plays on a terrible team with minimal playmakers to throw the ball to. I think he can have a nice career...maybe not with the Browns though.

2 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Vick is the correct comp IMO too, but the league kinda figured Vick (and every other running qb except perhaps Newton) out. Make them throw from the pocket or beat the hell out of them and they become walking injury reports.

Give me a guy who wins from the pocket all day, every day.

Where are they? I don't really see any of those guys as viable options at this point. Also the league somewhat figured out Vick, but Vick did learn how to play from the pocket and torched the league from the pocket, plus even before that he took advantages to teams trying to spy him with the deep ball. Trust me, defensive coordinators would much rather have a statue in the pocket because they can zone blitz and keep safetys back, defensive coordinators hate to play a guy where you can get burnt deep or by the QB run. Also drives being extended turn into a 20 yard gain, and also lets not forget about the league's hyper sensitivity to hits on QBs as well.

Archived