FAME'S MOCK DRAFT

famousj

Here is  my prediction for the first round of the 2018 NFL draft with trades.

1    Cleveland Browns - Sam Darnold  USC , QB   
2    New York Giants - Saquon Barkley  Penn State , RBF    
3    New York Jets via IND - Josh Rosen  UCLA , QB    

*TRADE* Browns Trade #4 to Bills for #12, 2019 #1 and #53

4    *TRADE* Buffalo Bills via CLE via HOU - Josh Allen  Wyoming , QB        

*TRADE* Broncos trade  #5 to 49ers for #9,#59, #70

5    *TRADE* San Francisco 49ers via DEN - Bradley Chubb  NC State , EDGE    
6    Indianapolis Colts via NYJ - Quenton Nelson  Notre Dame , OG    
7    Tampa Bay Buccaneers -  Denzel Ward  Ohio State , CB    

*TRADE* Bears trade #8 to Arizona for #15, #47 and #97

8    *TRADE* Arizona Cardinals via CHI -  Baker Mayfield  Oklahoma , QB    
9    *TRADE* Denver Broncos via SF - Vita Vea  Washington , DL    
10    Oakland Raiders - Roquan Smith  Georgia , ILB    
11    Miami Dolphins - Tremaine Edmunds  Virginia Tech , OLB    
12    *TRADE* Cleveland Browns via BUF via CIN  -  Mike McGlinchey  Notre Dame , OT    

13    Washington Redskins - Minkah Fitzpatrick  Alabama , S    
14    Green Bay Packers - Derwin James  Florida State , S    
15    *TRADE* Chicago Bears via ARZ - Joshua Jackson  Iowa , CB    
16    Baltimore Ravens - Derrius Guice  LSU , RBF    
17    Los Angeles Chargers - Kolton Miller  UCLA , OT    
18    Seattle Seahawks - Marcus Davenport  UTSA , EDGE    
19    Dallas Cowboys - Calvin Ridley  Alabama , WRF    
20    Detroit Lions via BUF - Maurice Hurst  Michigan , DL3T    
21    Cincinnati Bengals via KC - Lamar Jackson  Louisville , QB    
22    Buffalo Bills via LAR - Rashaan Evans  Alabama , ILB    
23    New England Patriots via LAR - Harold Landry  Boston College , EDGE

*TRADE* Panthers trade #24 to Patriots for #31 and #63

24    *TRADE* New England Patriots via CAR - Connor Williams  Texas , OT    
25    Tennessee Titans - Isaiah Wynn Georgia, G  *UPDATE
26    Atlanta Falcons - Da'Ron Payne  Alabama , DL1T    
27    New Orleans Saints - Hayden Hurst  South Carolina , TE    
28    Pittsburgh Steelers - Leighton Vander Esch  Boise State , ILB    

*TRADE* Jaguars trade #29 to Browns for #33 and #114

29    *TRADE* Cleveland Browns via JAX - Courtland Sutton  SMU , WRF    
30    Minnesota Vikings - Mike Hughes  UCF , CB    
31    *TRADE* Carolina Panthers via NE - Christian Kirk  Texas A&M , WRF    
32    Philadelphia Eagles - Ronald Jones II  USC , RBF    

Pretty terrible for the Browns outside of pick #1.

First of all, I hate the trade compensation. Any trade with Buffalo will cost them #12 and #22. They're the most desperate team and because of this, they're going to get bent over a chair a little bit.

Secondly, we take Mike McGlinchey, a pure RT, with the #12 pick. I'd honestly be upset if we took McGlinchey in the 2nd round. He gets roasted by speed rushers. I can't think of any successful OT's in the NFL that get roasted with speed. Oh, and we don't need another OT. We already have 4 on the roster that fit rigidly into the OL plans. Shon Coleman will move over from RT to LT, a position that he's actually better suited for. We know that at the very least, he won't be terrible. We'll likely need to upgrade LT in the future, but Coleman's not bad and doesn't really get murked with speed. His backup is Donald Stephenson. Then at RT we just gave Chris Hubbard a fat deal to be the long-term answer at that spot. Behind him is last year's 5th round pick Roderick Johnson, a guy who should have gone higher if not for his injury. He is healthy now and will at the very least, be a good backup OT. We have two average starting OT's and two solid depth pieces there. There is no need to reach for a tackle in a terrible OT draft.

And then I hate the trade up. Courtland Sutton sucks. He's not even in my top 5 WR's in this draft. He's big and fast in a straight line, but his route running is terrible and he doesn't play nearly as big as he needs to. I know he ran a fast 40 time, but he doesn't have the quickness to win with routes other than straight vertical routes. NFL DB's will sit on this and play over the top with ease. I sincerely hope he's not on the Browns radar.

Also, wtf is the "F" after "WR" and "RB" in your breakdowns? I've never heard of a WRF or RBF.

2 hours ago, BleedTheClock said:

Also, wtf is the "F" after "WR" and "RB" in your breakdowns? I've never heard of a WRF or RBF.

I know drafttek uses this. For wr, it means feature, I'm pretty sure. I would assume that it's the same for running back

8 hours ago, BleedTheClock said:

First of all, I hate the trade compensation. Any trade with Buffalo will cost them #12 and #22. They're the most desperate team and because of this, they're going to get bent over a chair a little bit.

Secondly, we take Mike McGlinchey, a pure RT, with the #12 pick. I'd honestly be upset if we took McGlinchey in the 2nd round. He gets roasted by speed rushers. I can't think of any successful OT's in the NFL that get roasted with speed. Oh, and we don't need another OT. We already have 4 on the roster that fit rigidly into the OL plans. Shon Coleman will move over from RT to LT, a position that he's actually better suited for. We know that at the very least, he won't be terrible. We'll likely need to upgrade LT in the future, but Coleman's not bad and doesn't really get murked with speed. His backup is Donald Stephenson. Then at RT we just gave Chris Hubbard a fat deal to be the long-term answer at that spot. Behind him is last year's 5th round pick Roderick Johnson, a guy who should have gone higher if not for his injury. He is healthy now and will at the very least, be a good backup OT. We have two average starting OT's and two solid depth pieces there. There is no need to reach for a tackle in a terrible OT draft.

And then I hate the trade up. Courtland Sutton sucks. He's not even in my top 5 WR's in this draft. He's big and fast in a straight line, but his route running is terrible and he doesn't play nearly as big as he needs to. I know he ran a fast 40 time, but he doesn't have the quickness to win with routes other than straight vertical routes. NFL DB's will sit on this and play over the top with ease. I sincerely hope he's not on the Browns radar.

LOL.  Angry Browns fan.   imagine how angry you be when the Browns pick Calvin Ridley with the #1 pick.  I figure the Browns will continue the trend of getting future picks.   A 2018 #1 pick from the Bills would be better than the #22 pick.  Browns have enough picks to work with in this year's draft.

Wynn, with how the mock is shaking out, would be a much better pick. Ragnow or Daniels are both options if  you were to give Wynn to the Titans. I don't mind the pick, but with the OG talent, I'd go that way instead of the Vikings. 

10 hours ago, BleedTheClock said:

Negative.

What do you think is more valuable : the 22nd overall this year or the 2019 Bills 1st round pick?

If I was an opposing team I'd gamble on the Bills 2019 1st rounder and just hope the rookie QB they pick this year doesn't light up the league.

I can see the Bills wanting to hold onto their 22nd to select a MLB and then give up 12th overall and next years 1st.

9 minutes ago, The BILLievers said:

Negative.

What do you think is more valuable : the 22nd overall this year or the 2019 Bills 1st round pick?

If I was an opposing team I'd gamble on the Bills 2019 1st rounder and just hope the rookie QB they pick this year doesn't light up the league.

I can see the Bills wanting to hold onto their 22nd to select a MLB and then give up 12th overall and next years 1st.

I see your point. I guess it’s a good trade for us considering Buffalo will be breaking in a rookie QB, but I don’t love the idea of trading down to 12. Thats like right outside of the great player range IMO. 

9 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

I see your point. I guess it’s a good trade for us considering Buffalo will be breaking in a rookie QB, but I don’t love the idea of trading down to 12. Thats like right outside of the great player range IMO. 

Yeah it's definitely not "sexy" for the Browns but it's a good long term investment and if done right, is theft imo.

Last year the Bills traded down, picked up the Chiefs 2018 1st round pick, and then drafted Tre'Davious White with the 27th overall pick.

So we got a future all pro / pro bowl CB + 2018 1st rounder for our 2017 1st rounder.

For Cleveland - Horrible trades! Why would we give up #4 overall and a chance to add an all star to either side of the ball for Bills' hand me downs? They can give us their whole draft plus extras in 2019 and 2020 if they want us to move back. (Note I really do not want to trade with them at all, ever...) Only trade I'd do is for a mid rounder with Denver to move back one spot. I do not want to lose a chance to get either Chubb or Barkley. NOTHING Buffalo can offer would come close to either of those two players. 

That is all

Mastercheddaar

Archived