MMA Thread

steelcurtain29

Just now, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

I think we are very sure he can’t hang with the even bigger wrestlers that beat him but love his options vs the strikers

Lawler next?

we'll see, it could be a different game at 170 than it was at 155.

would love Pettis vs Lawler. Masvidal would be great too. Edwards, Ponzi, Zaleski, Luque, Price would also be super fun fights.

6 hours ago, Buckrock101 said:

Umm, ok?

You’re saying he’d KO Woodley but his power hasn’t really shown to translate that well at a higher weight. Including the Floyd fight he has 5 fights above 145, he gassed and lost in 3 of them, had a finish in 1, and had a close decision victory in the other. And that was against all guys around his size. He’s never fought a true WW.

22 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

You’re saying he’d KO Woodley but his power hasn’t really shown to translate that well at a higher weight. Including the Floyd fight he has 5 fights above 145, he gassed and lost in 3 of them, had a finish in 1, and had a close decision victory in the other. And that was against all guys around his size. He’s never fought a true WW.

Nate looks more natural as a WW than a LW.

2 hours ago, BullsandBroncos said:

I hate how they give someone from another division the chance for a title instead of just the top 2 contenders in the division.

Considering Cejudo beat the BW champ albeit at a different weight class i dont mind. If anything this scenario in your eyes is better than what it would have been if TJ didnt get suspended which would have been a rematch of TJ/Henry for BW title

1 hour ago, BullsandBroncos said:

Nate looks more natural as a WW than a LW.

Nate has had 6 fights at WW and 24 fights at LW... In his 6 fights at WW, he went 3-3. He's a big LW not a WW. Again, the point still stands. Conor's power hasn't shown that it can translate at a higher weight against bigger opponents. He has 1 finish in 5 fights above 145.

Edited by NYRaider

11 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

I think we are very sure he can’t hang with the even bigger wrestlers that beat him but love his options vs the strikers

Lawler next?

Pettis vs Lawler would be fun to watch but isn't Dana White rematching Lawler and Askren?

DC thinks it'll be Pettis vs Masvidal next which would also be a fun one. But I now wanna see Masvidal vs. Edwards lol

Edited by jetjuice

24 minutes ago, jetjuice said:

Pettis vs Lawler would be fun to watch but isn't Dana White rematching Lawler and Askren?

DC thinks it'll be Pettis vs Masvidal next which would also be a fun one. But I now wanna see Masvidal vs. Edwards lol

I’d be shocked if they did a Lawler/Askren rematch regardless of how you thought it could gave ended for Lawler or if it should have ended for Askren. The UFC never does rematches for peculiar endings

4 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

I’d be shocked if they did a Lawler/Askren rematch regardless of how you thought it could gave ended for Lawler or if it should have ended for Askren. The UFC never does rematches for peculiar endings

Dana White said they're working on it already that's where I got that from.

duke roufus' brother rick is a karate guy who lost to a muy thai fighter back in the day. probably one of the reasons AP basically muy thai'd Wonderboy that whole fight.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I67Lf-EoMa0

this dude makes great videos 

also reminds one of the joseph valtellini vs raymond daniels fight that Rogan references a lot and Duke actually commentated. 

Edited by 11sanchez11