MMA Thread

steelcurtain29

25 minutes ago, 11sanchez11 said:

True but he has fought 6 times in 14 months. Also got his face beat in probably for the first time ever.

yeah if anyone deserves some time off, it's israel. but it's EVERY time someone wins the belt that they're like i'm gonna take a half year off now actually and then we'll see what's up. 

2 hours ago, 11sanchez11 said:

True but he has fought 6 times in 14 months. Also got his face beat in probably for the first time ever.

Agreed, i have ZERO problem with him taking a break. He has been unbelievably active and after the performance he just put on which was one of the best fights we’ve seen in a while, he got messed up in a war that he won. He absolutely deserves some time off. Whittaker needs to be ready for whenever Izzy comes for him

2 hours ago, FinneasGage said:

yeah if anyone deserves some time off, it's israel. but it's EVERY time someone wins the belt that they're like i'm gonna take a half year off now actually and then we'll see what's up. 

Half a year off without training or half a year before fighting bc i dont mind guys fighting just 2 times a year. 3 is pushing it when you’re at a ridiculous level

1 hour ago, Buckrock101 said:

eh I don't see either guy being in title contention ever, I don't have a lot of interest outside a mild curiosity over whether Oleinik can get a crazy sub

I know Oly lost to Blaydes but I’m intrigued by him for sure and think its possible he sniffs a number 1 contender shot but i dont think Reem will. Oly is very different for a HW and i like it. 

I know the card sucks but that’s not a bad fight. Not a great ME but not a bad fight 

4 hours ago, BillsGuy82 said:

Interim Belt is nothing but declaring a number 1 contender.

If Robert Whittaker is ready to go and Stylebender wants to take time off than, that interim title is moot imo

Izzy already said before he wanted time off and then decided he’d fight for the right opportunity. Wouldn’t surprise me if he did it again but Whittaker isn’t exactly healthy either right?