MMA Thread

steelcurtain29

wonder what happens if Jon gets stripped/suspended again. If they were making an interim/vacant title fight I would think Smith-Santos makes sense, but Santos will likely be out a while. So in that case, it would probably either be Smith vs Corey Anderson (the matchup we've all been waiting for) or vs someone like Reyes or Walker.

think UFC would probably take this opportunity to throw one of the young guys (Reyes/Walker) in there.

19 hours ago, pigsooie5 said:

I can tell you right now he is CONSTANTLY at strip clubs and doing this in downtown ABQ. One of my good friends is a waitress and has had multiple poor encounters with him. Makes it really hard to root for him despite his house being less then 10 minutes from mine. We’ll see what happens but this is definitely not good for his future fighting endeavors.

Whether this most recent incident is 100% true or not, JJ is the GOAT of at least 1 thing, and that is being the biggest POS in MMA history.

1 hour ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Now there's an interesting fight. Probably saves Askren's face before getting another legit striker. I like Maia, but he's run his course. 

To be fair it's not like his face took a beating the last fight either. It was only a single hit.

2 hours ago, FinneasGage said:

wooooow this is dope 

I think most high level wrestlers would beat Maia pretty easily. But that is because they can stop the TD no problem and beat him on the feet. But if it was a stand up fight Maia would probably win vs. Ben lol. So this will be interesting cause they will both take it to the ground. Tho I think Askren will dominate positionally and tire him out and GnP him out in the third.

The Chris vs Dominick Reyes at 205 for the main event of UFC Boston in October. Really interesting fight, I think it's definitely a springboard for whoever wins this to get a title shot next.

Also heard Corey Anderson is the frontrunner to fight Jon Jones next (I guess he's not facing any disciplinary stuff for slapping that stripper in the p****). I guess it makes sense based on rankings/win streaks etc, but my god that is a boring fight. Non-steroids Jon Jones vs Corey "I like Corey Anderson, but you just beat Corey Anderson" Anderson. put that fight as a co-main event so it can serve as an intermission.

On 7/20/2019 at 11:24 PM, beekay414 said:

Lol Jorge quick as **** to dodge Edwards. 

Sucker punch a dude backstage but ***** out behind a keyboard. 

#NotSurprised #JorgeIsAMassiveBitch

it wouldn't make any sense for Jorge to fight him. Imagine using the apex of your career to fight Leon Edwards, who like 6 people have watched fight more than once in a fight that was kinda important enough for them to remember. That would be like Nate beating Conor and then fighting Beneil Dariush. Super tough fight that the casuals won't care about. 

Edited by 11sanchez11